Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Greekguy's forum
Home

Old 20-10-2006, 23:02   #1
greekguy

Default CIV Duel vs. robbo

This is a spoiler thread for my Civ 4 PBEM vs. robbo. This game was started back in September 2006.

I'm playing as Napoleon of France and robbo is Catherine of Russia. Settings are: Pangea, small world, noble difficulty, temperate climate, medium sea level, and quick game speed.

We are currently at 3100 BC.

i'll post updates in the coming posts. please feel free to offer advice, give suggestions, or yell at me for doing something stupid. your posts will greatly valued by me, so please post!
greekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 23:07   #2
greekguy

Here's the update for 3100 BC:

I built a warrior this turn and continued exploring with my other warriors. One of my warriors stumbled near a barb,and killed the wolf during the interturn. I think i'm doing ok, but this is only my second Civ 4 game (i beat a solo game on Chieftian w/Greece), so if you see my make some bad moves, please tell me. Here's a screenie of the land around my capital:

Old 20-10-2006, 23:51   #3
Kemal

I wouldn't build another worker yet when you already have one running around. You'll soon run out of jobs for them, while they are costly to produce.

Since this will be a small world, are your plans a quick axeman rush, or do you intend to build up a bit first? Can't see a very good 2nd city spot yet from your screen, but maybe you already have something figured out regarding city locations?
Old 20-10-2006, 23:53   #4
greekguy

there are some pigs and hills by my southern coast, so i think i'll build my second city down there. about my worker build, what do you think i should produce instead of the worker? my other options are warrior, settler, and barracks.
Old 21-10-2006, 00:00   #5
Kemal

I the city continues to increase production and hasn't reached health/happiness limits yet, I'd say build warriors until your city reaches the optimal size for producing growth-inhibiting builds such as settlers. Once this optimal number is reached, I'd go for the settler if I had enough warriors to protect him.... if not, build more warriors first, then build the settler, and go for a 2nd city.

I have to say though that I am not experienced with small maps and quick speed, so maybe this approach is too much of a builder one, someone else (with more quick game experience) might be able to say more on this matter.
Old 21-10-2006, 00:09   #6
greekguy

thanks for the advice Kemal. i'll focus on warriors and then a settler to get a second city in the near future.
Old 21-10-2006, 19:28   #7
BCLG100
Deity

find out where the bronze is and then if nearby settler it asap, otherwise yes you need more than one warrior around your capital-id say at least 3, 2 for defence and 1 for the new city.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2006, 21:54   #8
greekguy

ok, i just played another turn, and i switched Paris to build a warrior. also, i misspoke before. there are sheep south of me near the coast, not pigs, but there are some pigs to my east. however, the land near the sheep isn't as good as the land near the pigs. so, where should i build my 2nd city: pigs or sheep?
Old 22-10-2006, 23:22   #9
RegentMan

A zoomed out screenie will help us decide.
Old 23-10-2006, 01:16   #10
BCLG100
Deity

neither are of any use (Well thats a lie they are) but bronze is more important.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote