Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 22-05-2006, 13:41   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

IOW train passing?
Old 22-05-2006, 13:57   #12
socralynnek

Indeed an alternative. But to make it really good you'd have to buy high level players for it and then wages diminish income drastically.
And I guess too many will switch to passing for mid-level players soon.
Old 22-05-2006, 14:41   #13
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by English_brit
I guess the lowering of prices is due to the extra players joining Hattrick, or is there another reason?
It seems mostly to be just as simple as an attempt from Hattrick to limit the amount of money because otherwise there will be inflation due to many new people joining in. So, they made them start with low number of supporters and low income. These people are training though and their training income is supposed to be independent on their performance.

Apparently, they don't bother investing into youth squad so prices for young players are still high. But it seems that the market needs a slight rebalancing.

On the other hand, previously, training income was critical for survival but now it seems that the role of the training income had diminished which is actually a rather fair thing. So, people should try to perform as well and get more supporters expanding arena or accumulate some cash reserve to get a safe income source. Training is useful still but not as useful as it were.

That is my impression, not sure how right it is.
Old 22-05-2006, 19:31   #14
English_brit

Interesting to read everyones posts.

I'm not really sure what to do now. My aim was to keep a relatively strong team and build up cash for a few seasons before making a bid to get promoted to the higher leagues.

Looks like it'll take me forever now. lol
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 21:40   #15
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

What I think is most interesting is the rather quick decline in really high level players. High level teams need these players but cant sell there surplus of them at a profit anymore. So there gonna train lower level players in their B squad only training the occasional high level replacement player for themselves. This will in turn erode the midlevel players as well, menaning midlevel teams cant train midlevel players anymore and start training for their own squad mainly too. LIke Socra I;m thinking we're going to a situation were training is mainly a means to improve your own team, if you make a bit of money on the way that's just nice.

In turn that makes me wonder if training surplus players in profitable anymore when we;re a year further. Maybe it will be financially wiser to just train your own players+ replacements and reserves that you need. Saving the wages of the surplus wages that hardly make you any money anymore.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 21:42   #16
BCLG100
Deity

While i appreciate all you people have much better teams than me, some of the players i have bought i have managed to sell on again with no extra training a few weeks later for about 10k profit, if you did this 10 times that'd be 100k profit, obviously not all these are guaranteed but buying young passable skilled players on the cheap and then selling them onto people who may not know much about hattrick could be the way forward, for the littler teams anyways...

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 21:49   #17
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

It has 2,5 problems:

1) daytrading takes time, lots of time.
2) IT will ruin your team spirit cause buying a nasty player may cause a TS drop and selling a nice one can do the same
2.5) 10K needs to cover the 10% difference between buying and selling so you need to buy <100K players, kinda making point 1 even worse.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 08:08   #18
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

High level teams need these players but cant sell there surplus of them at a profit anymore.
I was thinking about it, and you got a point there. It might have something to do with the influx of new teams, but probably not the current influx of teams. 9th division teams aren't producing supernaturals, and surely they aren't buying them. So it might be the creation of the 8th (meaning, 2 years ago or something), with teams that are currently producing supernaturals (for example) but aren't buying them.
With more teams in lower divisions, the level in higher leagues increases a bit, but the overall demand for high ranked players won't increase because those teams aren't making more money.

So, there are getting more players available, but the demand hasn't increased as much. Still, no explanation why the market crashes now.
My guess is that, what I said mockingly initially, that forward trainers don't have money to buy new players. That might indeed be a part of the problem, but what's causing the drop now is that a lot of people realised they're paying awfully lot of wages after the age update.

Seriously, supernatural scorer 25k a week (incl. 20% bonus). Even if I'd be making the 50k per week per player like I used to, I'd be dumb to continue training that guy. I should have realised that earlier, because this would be true anyway, crashed transfer market or not.

As to what training regimes there'll be in the future, I don't know. Switching training costs you money, that won't change in the future.
Old 23-05-2006, 08:49   #19
Kingreno

Quote:
quote:Seriously, supernatural scorer 25k a week (incl. 20% bonus). Even if I'd be making the 50k per week per player like I used to, I'd be dumb to continue training that guy. I should have realised that earlier, because this would be true anyway, crashed transfer market or not.
There should be something added for the contribution the player makes in your matches, If that SN scorer adds for example 5 goals a season compared to a formi scorer, those 5 goals will do what? Happier supporters means bigger crowds, more money, he may even tip the balance in the favour of an important cuptie, another 2/3* income full stadium...
Old 23-05-2006, 08:59   #20
Shabbaman
Administrator

If you start that way, then you should also discount that you aren't spending that money on a defender that stops 5 goals, or a midfielder that creates 5 chances.