Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Beorn's Wintry Cavern
Home

Old 11-01-2007, 01:49   #1
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Default Game won: Ampersand's Additive Armadillo Pt.2 C3C

If you are blind, you may keep reading. Otherwise, please do not be Soul, Blaze, Tar or Praet.

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

^^

This is the continuation of my spoiler thread from Whomp's place, and now that I have a forum, I can leave his and leave more room for my bud SW at the Whomper room. He needed place to settle, so he told me
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:50   #2
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Have Whomper move your thread to this forum
Old 11-01-2007, 02:58   #3
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Nah it's ok, this way I double spoile super stealth away from my agressors. Works for me. For those who were following, the Spanish 2390 Victoria Secret calendar is coming out soon
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 17-01-2007, 06:52   #4
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I have now met Praetorian of Germany, and I'm up a whole tech tree on them. They most likely have not learned a tech yet, or are hiding it very well... I came with good manners and openness, and have received naught but a "I'll see if we can make deals". Too bad for them.

I left it on the ice that Iron Working would be an awesome tech to trade for, from them.

However, I do expect Spain to finish it first, and to trade it there.

This smells like a nation who will fall behind, build up an archer rush and try its hand at the AI. I'd rather wait until they finish a wonder and see if I can snag it.

Curragh #2 will plunge straight into the ocean, trying to contact the westerners. It most likely will fail, and there will be more where he came from. I *will* make contact overseas.
Old 23-01-2007, 02:46   #5
Beorn
Disabled Vet

So Bella now knows about the wheel but I have nothing to trade her for it: she won't take pots, I won't give writing.

We are average to the Warrior and strong vs Ze germans. Mithanga has more points than I and I seriously hope it is because of tech trading with the 2 expansionnist AI's on his landmass. It would make a lot of sense that they have more low-tier techs than we do. I do hope to get the full philo slingshot still. SW will probably have a less than satisfactory beaker count so I'll do the job myself in light of our previous agreement.

Jav action coming up. Deep german scouting missions are underway as well. The scouts are doing a good job finding out about the inner lands of my opponents and my diplomats are doing a fine job making sure no one attacks them as they do so.

I told the germans I would attack a barb on a hill in their territory, but they did it themselves. Works for me.

Jav worker count: 0 in 1.
Old 24-01-2007, 15:39   #6
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Breaking news !
Leave or declare threat from Ze Germans in my PM box. That's gotta hurt. Soul (I assume) and I (I know) are strong vs him and have military forces close-by. His capital has a reg vet warrior for defence. Best joke ever.
Old 28-01-2007, 23:44   #7
Beorn
Disabled Vet

The Ampersand does not negociate with terrorists.

Neither does Jav.

36.2KB
Old 30-01-2007, 18:42   #8
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Turn 47: strong military vs everyone, philo in 7 turns, Jav has got 2 slaves from this barb outbreak. More javs coming up. My 2nd and 3rd cities will be 4 or 5 turn factories after I get republic, my capital will be a 9 turn 2 jav + settler pump until I get iron or horses hooked up. 3rd city might end up making workers. 4th will be positionned to pre-build FP, to my E-NE.

Soul clocked in late - he was the one supposed to get philo - so he offered IW in addition to the original deal. I somewhat suspect that he'll get it from praetorian, which is fine by me - I would have gone with the original treaty (His math+philo for my Writing+CoL, granting us both republic) without him putting IW on top of it. I hope bella will go for HBR so we can start putting up a long term military up.
Old 17-02-2007, 06:30   #9
Beorn
Disabled Vet

This is the eve of turn 60. Barbs have risen up in the North and Java The Hutt is taking care of them from up top the mountain. Odds are he'll survive, but still, reinforcements are being built and sent.

Techs: The Republic, BW, Mas, CB, WC. Awaiting IW from Soul, will probably trade for the wheel off Bella. Started on currency for personnal use.

Tar front: Mithanga the anglo still has a lead on me. I am picking back up on him now, I guess he went all out settlers in the beginning. My triple granary gambit will start paying off in about 20 turns when I have 6 or 7 more cities. For now it's all him on top and it diverts attention from me.

SW front: All deals have been fair and good so far. We both are republics (he might be a turn short of his anarchy at this point) and we've been helping each other with barbs. He has a fwe scouts in the North so he knows the terrain as well as I do. A slave barb is roading the way down to him so that I can sell him silks.

Praetorian front: I contacted Mr german and offered him an intel trade of coastal mapping. First thing off he does right off the bath is he lies to me. I told him that there was a mini archipelago down the SW of Soul's and I know for a fact that whatever he did, he could not have had the time to send a boat there without my spotting it on its way. So if he has any boat, it wouldn't even know what side the coast was from the Jiver.
In short, he might not know it, but he declared war.

Noteworthy: Praetorian has regular units all around and his 3rd city came a couple of turns earlier than SW's 3rd, whereas SW has had population and probably an actual settler eaten off by barbs.

Local picture:

Old 26-03-2007, 02:16   #10
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Been a while + server down = been a long while.

Liar Praetorian has been replaced (after much sucking) by regent player Sercer for Germany.

I bought Germany's middle age tech for a jump into the middle ages when I can give it to him. He has 5 towns at pop 1, I've been trying to coach him by PM into doing better. I'd feel totally sadistic just raping him, he's a good guy, unlike his predecessor.

Deal with SW is HBR/Cons (me) for Lit+MM (him) and that leaves me Polytheism/Monarchy short on the AA tree. I'll get Poly, take whatever I can from Germany and head straight for Cavalries. I'll build up cavalries and invade the other continent I believe - unless something boils up on our side of the ocean.

I have 28% Population to SW's 12 or 14. We are 8, so the theoretical average is 12.5%. I have 3 cities fully capable of pumping settlers in 4 or 5 turns. I'll just have to stop building towns and start dishing out some hurt. Both my FP/silk cities will be making workers for a little while, the rest on military duty on and off with libs and markets when they can. One city has been founded on a FP pre-build, now size 2 and counting.

Here is what I believe are the current territorial agreements + my dotmap. I plan 5 more cities and then all into horses/knights to have buttsecks with the Spanish.

*** picture pending server shizzle ***