Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Romeo's Random Ramblings
Home

Old 19-05-2006, 00:17   #1
romeothemonk
King

Default Spoiler for 2v2 Locked war TheBashBrothers

This is the spoiler for the game of Sz_matyas and myself against BLCG and Robboo. So if they show up here

And just a little more.
Old 19-05-2006, 00:21   #2
romeothemonk
King

Alrighty, the draft process has started. This game is to be prince difficulty, no AI, seperate continents.

Their first draft pick was Ceaser?? Did they just hire the Houstan Texans Scouting team?? Seriously, WTF???

I picked Cathy, as the Cossack bitchslaps all, and financial is pretty freaking important.

Matt will pick next and we have talked about his pick, and he will probably be Nappy as that way we start with all the worker techs, and can rush to pottery on the way to CoL. He can still build cheap wonders, and we will lean heavily on that as well.

We can only hope that they don't pick a financial civ with their last pick, then the game should be a simple matter of playing it out correctly.
Old 19-05-2006, 22:46   #3
romeothemonk
King

Ok they picked Mansa with their last pick. This good choice should help make this interesting.

However, their UU's are both very early, and Matt's axes that start with combat one and can be more anti praet with a rax are gonna be the key early until my tech empire gets rolling.

Key things. They didn't pick an industrious civ. Bonus for us!! Can you say Matt will wonder and GPP pig out. The plan is to merge GP into the better capitol for us or to get nice techs. Tech will be the key to this game, especially me living to field my cossacks.

They start with Mining, the wheel and fishing, while we have mining, hunting, agri and the wheel.

First tech idea is to get pottery up ASAP. More to come when we see what we have to deal with.
Old 30-05-2006, 23:15   #4
romeothemonk
King

Wow!! Plans on Tech and everything changed fast!!

Barbu says that one of us on each team got a bad start, and boy howdy did I get a stinker.

No initial growth, no health, and a SLOOOOOW start. But it will be huge as soon as I get IW.

New Tech plan, fishing, AH, pots, BW, then IW.

85.58KB

EDIT: FIXED SCREENIE
Old 03-07-2006, 01:47   #5
romeothemonk
King

Here we go for an update. Apparently my first screenie didn't work so well, but nobody told me. darn.

Anyway, I slowly grew to size 2, where I revolted to slavery and whipped a fishing boat. I then regrew uber quick, and started another worker, so as to have 2 workers chopping jungle really quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't think of it right away and wasted a few turns, but it still saved me quite a bit.

104.15KB
Old 05-08-2006, 17:20   #6
romeothemonk
King

Our plan is starting to work nicely. I am the super commerce leader, working the fish, gold and gems.

matyas is a production powerhouse, and is shipping me workers.
Old 28-08-2006, 00:15   #7
romeothemonk
King

This game is progressing quite slowly, but I am generating more commerce than both the other guys combined.

sz has a religion and so do I. He built the Oracle and Stonehenge in his Capitol, as it is just the mother of all produciton sites. I am building a settler for my second city, and sz is building his 3rd city now.

In about 10 turns we start producing some axes to prevent a Praet rush, but we are most of the way to mace's now anyway.
Old 06-02-2007, 00:54   #8
romeothemonk
King

Well, it has been a long time since I have updated my spoilers, so I will now update my most active game.

To Recap:
1: My partner is my brother, so we kind of know what the other guy is thinking already.
2: The plan was for me to dominate commerce and get to cossacks, and him to dominate wonders and keep us alive till then.
3: We wanted to try out our method of overextreme cooperation, and see where it got us.
4: Our game plan is hinged on a ton of cooperation, gifting, etc. e.g. He keeps me alive and feeds me great scientists, I keep giving him techs, allowing him to build mass wonders.

Some screenies.
This is my land. Settler is going on the close axe to St Pete.

110.16KB

This is his land

92.27KB

Some demographics. Theses are just freaking scary. I have the same GNP as the other team. Matt has the more production than them put together. Due to our plan, this is only going to get more out of hand.

66.22KB

Finally, we can all see the wonder of Matt's Wonder building. So far, we have everything!!! WOOT!!

75.68KB
Old 06-02-2007, 00:59   #9
romeothemonk
King

Anyway: Most of the discusion is done via telephone or MSN, making the transcripcts hard to post.

Key points for the future:
1: Matt gives me the first great scientist to pop. He goes and builds an Academy in Moscow
2: Matt will go to low science, heavy money and gift me money. A flaw for truely seemless teams is that 10% of my science is worth more than 20% of his. But he can lower science 20% and give me the money, with a net gain to our team. Yay Firaxis on that one
3: I need a Great Prophet for my shrine to Judiasm, but that is a relative low priority.
4: When Matt runs out of wonders shortly, he will start spreading the religions like a plague.
5: When we get Muskateers and Cossacks or maybe before Cossacks, we set BCLG and Robboo up the bomb!!

Thoughts, Comments??
Old 06-02-2007, 03:21   #10
sz_matyas

Sounds like the plan, a couple notes:
1) Not shown was how many great people will soon be appearing, shortly I will have a city with 24 GPP and one with 16 GPP, this is without building the national epic.
2) Not shown on the list of top cities is my 3rd city which also has wonders, helping out.
3) Despite emphasizing production (going to leave the rest of the territory so Jake can build cottages), I am in 3rd place almost 2nd in GNP, though most of it is recent growth with the Great Lighthouse and not having squares with production for my city growth.

Figure it will take a while to get quite where we want to be to attack due to the lopsided Tech Tree, havig to race to currency and literature, but it is looking very lopsided and so far the plan of heavy sharing is paying off big time.