Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ IV
Home

Old 20-07-2007, 22:53   #31
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

OK, here is a straight link to the Firaxis page: http://www.firaxis.com/support/suppo...eid=13&patch=1

You need to download the 2.08 patch cause that's the one RtW is being played with. It is an executable so if you save it somewhere on your computer where you can find it doubleclick it. I don't expect it to "patch backwards" so to make it work you have to do the reinstall.

Only now realizing some ppl need more help I assumed here is the uninstall process for Vanilla and Warlords.
- Go to the Control Panel of Windoze (where to start it up can vary by XP)
- Find and doubleclick the "Add or remove programs" icon
- New window appears, it starts searching for installed programs
- Once it shows a list scroll down until you find Civilization 4 entries. Should be two but if you find more all need to be removed.
- It is best to remove time reversed. So first remove Warlords then Vanilla.
- So doubleclick the Warlords entry. You will see a Change/Remove or Remove option. Click. Follow and confirm the steps that lead to removal. Repeat for Vanilla.
- The process doesn't remove everything and to be 100% sure everything is gone you need the following steps as well.
- Open Windoze Explorer and in the left pane click My Computer. If you don;t have a left pane click the Folder button at the top
- Once you clicked My Computer you'll see your discs and drives. If you did the default install click C:. Locate Program Files and doubleclick. Locate Firaxis Games and rightclick. Select Delete. Empty Trashcan afterwards.
Old 21-07-2007, 08:24   #32
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

Huh?

Eventually, all of us must patch up anyway, right? I just don't get it......
No some of us are in games that having been going for over a year. To change now would change the rules of the game in the middle of it. Some of us will HAVE to dual install.
I still don't get why we don't follow this procedure:
-Those (and only those) with old games that need to be played in the older 2.08 version make dual installs. (one 2.08; one 2.13)
-All other games are patched up to 2.13 ASAP.

Why all of us should go through the hassle of dual installing, totally beats me...
Or can't we trust 2.13? That would be a valid arguement

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 08:37   #33
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Stapel, I've put a lot of effort and time explaining how to make a dual install and why and I don't get why you keep bitching instead of just spending the same time to JFDI (Just Fucking Do It). And dual install isn't a hassle at all. Please also consider that it will probably require considerable effort from me to make my installtion work at 2.13. I could explain you why but that's more technical than the how-to for the dual install.
Old 21-07-2007, 11:03   #34
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Stapel, I've put a lot of effort and time explaining how to make a dual install and why and I don't get why you keep bitching instead of just spending the same time to JFDI (Just Fucking Do It). And dual install isn't a hassle at all. Please also consider that it will probably require considerable effort from me to make my installtion work at 2.13. I could explain you why but that's more technical than the how-to for the dual install.
I've done it already! Thanks for the detailed explination !

It is just that I do NOT understand why we need dual installs. Well, I do see some of it now...

What still bugs me: Why aren't running pitboss games patched up. To me, that still seems to easiest and most logical solution. Until this is not clear to me, I'll keep bitching .

Anyway,
-I got warlords suitbale for running (unpatched/semi-patched) now (including no-CD-patch)
-I got warlords patched up, thus suitable for future games (need CD)
-I got BtS running (also with CD).

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 15:14   #35
Shabbaman
Administrator

You can patch a runnning game, but only when every participants does so simultaneously. There's a patch available now, but Matrix seems to be away.