Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 19-07-2006, 18:54   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

The price might go up, the average price is 96k. But since the deadline is rather late you have an advantage. Just make sure what you want to offer on him.
There's not really a reason to start investing in your youth squad right away.
Old 19-07-2006, 20:20   #12
Mistfit
King

I did not invest in my Youth Squad until my 3rd season when I knew I could afford the highest level of participation.

I think I made the right move personally.
Old 19-07-2006, 20:39   #13
arne1
King

I agree with Mistfit that it is unwise to sart to pump money in you yuth squad right away, But when you start with 5k up to weak and 10k up to passable. It just takes you a few weeks extra to get to excellent and it saves you a lot of money.
Old 20-07-2006, 00:47   #14
sz_matyas

Well, I didn't get Shabba's goalie thanks to a late bidding war, where it went from $82K to over $120K in a matter of under 10 min. I put another bid out, but thanks to not being able to complete challenges until I play a couple games, I can't bid over about $100K. First match in about an hour, so we'll see how the two new midfielders I picked up on the wire play.
Old 20-07-2006, 01:09   #15
Tubby Rower

your opponent played a 3-3-4 formation. I don't think that it's legal and he'll lose training this week

Take your time on getting GK. if your in a rush, you'll pay too much.
Old 20-07-2006, 04:28   #16
sz_matyas

Well in case you haven't checked, the only player I had with any leadership skills got hurt (1 week only). Still, I got a passable 17 yr old goalie for $50K, who, having the next best leadership skills gets to be my captain for the first real game. Otherwise, looks like I'll have to get some of my defense fixed and maybe score in a fashion other then penalty kicks as I lost my friendly 4-2. Otherwise figure I might hunt for a decent wing defender and decide what formation would be decent for my team, maybe shift to have an extra midfielder to use the extra I accidently picked up. New additions if people are interested include:
Quote:
quote:
Eugenio Gálvez
TSI = 1 660 , 17 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: wretched Keeper: passable
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set pieces: disastrous

Georgi Gúrkov
TSI = 990 , 20 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Quick]

Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: passable
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set pieces: weak

Tino Djurhuus
TSI = 550 , 30 years, poor form
Has inadequate experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: wretched Set pieces: solid

Harvey Johnson
TSI = 630 , 19 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities

Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: inadequate
Winger: inadequate Defending: wretched
Scoring: poor Set pieces: poor
Tino and Georgi started for me in midfield and Harvey is bakcing them up (got him on a $5K bid that I wasn't planning on winning)
Old 20-07-2006, 11:03   #17
socralynnek

You know that a 30year old player can already lose skill (they change it next season s.t. it's a steady decline, but now he can or can not lose skill on Mondays but when he loses some, it can be quite drastic)
But if you got him cheap it's not much of a risk and he at least got some experience, so he will help your ratings directly.
Old 20-07-2006, 12:08   #18
Tubby Rower

Funny, I was thinking that Tino was a decent purchase (depending on the price paid for him). doesn't the unpredictable skill get better with experience? But I haven't seen many unpredictable events. poor form is hurting him though.
Old 20-07-2006, 17:41   #19
sz_matyas

I think I got Tino $30K, Georgi for $20K and Harvey for $5K (on a not really expecting to win, but at least raise the bid level type thing). For my next challenge I have to try a new formation, I think maybe my next friendly since I kind of want to make sure I win my next two games against underpowered teams (not that mine is that great, but I figure better use a strong formation than a new one). I got a new coach from Romania and will try to start GK training next week, probably look for another trainee in the meantime. Next signing is likely a wingback so that area isn't nearly so weak.
Old 20-07-2006, 19:11   #20
Tubby Rower

you can change your formation back to what you want after the challenge is complete. So set it up as a 3-5-2 and then save it. Wait for confirmation that you have completed the challenge and then go back and change it to what suits you best.