Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 29-09-2005, 19:36   #1
Kemal

Default CDZ Cup 7th Edition Discussions

Now that most teams will probably be nearing the end of their national cup adventures, it's time again to start talking about that other and - it should go without saying - more important cup that takes place each season, the CDZ Cup: 7th Editon!

Last edition, there was a lot of fruitful debate on how exactly to arrange the competition, especially concerning the format the cup would use, and personally, I think that this resulted in a very enjoyable cup-run for all teams the previous season.

Now, there is of course little reason to reinvent the wheel for each edition of the cup, and taking advantage of the discussions that have taken place earlier is always a good idea. However, there should be room for participants to voice their ideas and possible additions to the cup which could (possibly) create a better cdz-cup experience (and no, banning fc suca will *not* be considered, before someone comes up with that ).

Therefore, feel free to submit or discuss any improvement in this topic, so that we still have enough time to possibly implement it and use it for the next edition already.

To sign up, please visit the Sign-up thread to be opened shortly. Anyone can join, regardless of team strength or previous cup experience.
____

Personally, I think the rules-set and format used last season were, despite my earlier reservations, a great improvement over the "fixed groups" method, most notably because it prevents the balancing not only to strength, but also to team nationality. The only thing that might needs some attention, imo, is the fact that the cup is ever-expanding [cheer], which has the negative effect of more walkovers occuring. I'm not sure how to easily mend this, but it is a fact that (un-announced, these are the problem, not the pre-announced of course) walkovers are created by a lack of communication between team managers.

Since not all Cup players are regulars at CDZ, I suppose it might be an idea to experiment with special topics at the federation forum as well, only for the specific purpose of reporting walkovers, to be updated each week, so that managers not used to cdz can report about their whereabouts there.
Of course, CDZ needs to be the main base of operations, so there won;t be scores, tables etc at the fed threads, but I think it might be useful to try.

Other than that, I'm all for 9 rounds (7 league/2 KO) and total random draw again, time to improve on that 3rd place!
Old 29-09-2005, 22:29   #2
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Well, walkovers can happen, not a big deal. I've barely managed to escape from a couple during the previous cup. But this time it won't be summer around with vacations and stuff, so might be there is less number of walkovers indeed.

And I'd fully support the idea to use the Federation thread at Hattrick at least to post the fixtures and some discussion. It is kinda dead, I mean the Federation, nothing is happening there.
Old 29-09-2005, 23:13   #3
Kemal

I suppose CDZ is more or less the Civ Players Fed's forum.

Still, posting stuff there too can never do harm, of course. But, not all players are supporter, so I think CDZ is still the preferred location for discussions etc.
Old 29-09-2005, 23:54   #4
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Certainly the CDZ is the main operation base. It might be a copy that goes to Federation forum. There are many people who don't have supporter (and me among them until two weeks ago ) but there are also some Federation members who never show up here. May be it is a good idea to try to invite them for the cup as well.
Old 29-09-2005, 23:55   #5
Kemal

There already is an invitation up as we speak, it seems we had the same idea about that.
Old 30-09-2005, 08:45   #6
Kingreno

Unannounced WO's are terrible. If (for no acceptable reason like a hurricane or flood) a team just does not accept a challenge there should be some form of penalty. One of the strengths of the CDZ-cup is the certainty of a friendly, if that certatinty becomes less certain it would damage the cup.
Old 30-09-2005, 11:01   #7
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

May be it is a good idea to try to invite them for the cup as well.
That's what I just thought as well. BTW, I'll create a cup manager membership type with some mod functions plus the newsletter option. Especially for those who'd like to
Old 03-10-2005, 21:04   #8
yndy
Prince

Last season was great for the CDZ Cup, I really liked the format. I agree that we could have a space for discussions in the Hattrick space with CDZ as the main base of operations. Also, I know nto everyone is a Supporter. To this end I propose we try to borrow some space in a series conference. I will check with a moderator to see if we can open a dedicated Cup thread on a series conference in Hattrick.
Old 11-10-2005, 16:04   #9
Kemal

I already stated it as a fact in the CPF newsletter since I needed a cut-off date, but I'd like to propose to

close registration for the CDZ Cup at 20-10-05

, i.e. just before round 6 league games will be played.

Since the first Cup games will have to be scheduled after the friendly matches of week 6 are finished, this still gives us 5/6 days to discuss the exact format and make a draw.

Atm, with only 22 participants, the 3 groups of 8 format of last year is out of the question... there are however still 10 days to go so still plenty of time to sign up.
Old 12-10-2005, 20:54   #10
yndy
Prince

I second and I'll try to contact the remaining people that were invited.