Home

Old 30-10-2012, 09:45   #21
Shabbaman
Administrator

Actually, I already took care of that
Old 30-10-2012, 09:51   #22
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Well, adjusting the BMP size restrictions is rather easy and less work than adjusting pics for suer. More important is that large pics simply take up more diskspace and slow down the database. Smaller is better.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 11:45   #23
socralynnek

There are even ways or programs to put "Convert to png" into windows context menu, s.t. you right click a file and even don't have to open a program.

Didn't try it, but found this: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...-context-menu/

Just as an example. Maybe some people viewing your pictures are on rather low speed and that would help them.
Old 30-10-2012, 20:58   #24
Shabbaman
Administrator

Because you asked for it, this is the world (first picture) and France with it's vassals (second picture) in 1563. I've added some pics to the opening post, I might add some more maps in the other posts later. And yes, these pictures are 5.616px × 2.160px.
Attached Images
File Type: png EU3_MAP_FRA_1563.8.18_2.png (486.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png EU3_MAP_FRA_1563.8.18_1.png (416.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-11-2012, 14:14   #25
Shabbaman
Administrator

Old 02-11-2012, 15:03   #26
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Nice.
Old 02-11-2012, 18:36   #27
Shabbaman
Administrator

One of my advisors died, so I hired a navigator and now I've colonised the Javan provinces (those I didn't conquer, that is), and... Taiwan. I've open markets with the Ming, so now I can place merchants in Nanjing, the most prosperous center of trade that I know of.

And I can also get another national idea! I noticed my tariff efficiency is only 57% (so I'm losing about 5% of my monthly income). I could go for Grand Navy and build more ships, so I could get my tariff efficiency up. Or I could ignore tariffs and go for direct trade, so that'd mean Shrewd Commercial Practices. Or perhaps something like Viceroys? Suggestions are welcome.

Have a look at my economy tab:

Old 09-11-2012, 18:20   #28
Shabbaman
Administrator

I have all the gold provinces from the Inca. As a matter of fact, I destroyed the Inca. In the first conquest of Inca, I carved Chimu out of Inca. In the second conquest, I take all incan lands and carve Inca out of Chimu. Heh.

Some of the missions that the game randomly generates are pretty stupid. I get missions to colonize remote parts of the world, like Canada (who would want to live there anyway). I guess the game just picks a province within colonization range at random, but I don't understand why the game doesn't just pick the province with the highest base tax within range, or a random province adjecent to one you already have colonized. Anyway, this explains the strange placement of some of my colonies...

Some missions are pretty cool though. Unfortunately Cologne has a bisshop, so I had to use my giant armies to subjugate them. Nice bonus though:

So my infamy is dropping steadily, but I expect it to rise soon: currently I'm in the middle of the umpteenth Badenese-French excommunication war (or, as I'd like to call it, the fourth (!) Badenese Succesful Attempt To Lose Their Core On Sundgau), and Aragon came to Baden's aid. Thanks to a lucky dice roll I managed to beat their 20k with my 11k (or maybe it's my land tech superiority), and now I'm steadily occupying their provinces. The countries on the Iberian peninsula have been annoying me for too long, so I'm grabbing some aragonese provinces to make sure they won't bother me again. I'll take Aragon and maybe Valencia, though I'd rather have Barcelona but unfortunately it's their capital.

Anyway, check attachment for France and it's vassals in 1575.
Attached Images
File Type: png EU3_MAP_FRA_1575.12.21_1.png (418.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 15-11-2012, 19:28   #29
Shabbaman
Administrator

When Baden declared war on me for the sixth time, I decided that it was enough. It brought in it's usual allies, Aragon and Tirol. Well, I had settled on Aragon as a target anyway, so here we go:

I noticed I had a very high cultural tradition, so I used it to draft a diplomat. This'll help bring my infamy down after I annexed Aragon and Baden.

Right before Baden attacked me, I started an intervention war to save one of my weaker allies, Marocco, from England. That was the public statement, but basically I want to keep England down:

It's worse that it seems: my allies whatitsname and whateveritsname got Ulster and Wessex out of it, and they immediately formed Ireland and Wales. After I forced England out of their deals with Scotland, Scotland attacked (finally) and without an army on their mainland (it's in Marocco) and a fleet (it's on the bottom of the sea) and at -3 stability it'll be tough to fight back against the three scottish units (units, not armies).

Back to the Badenese Excommunication War (or: the sixth attempt to get France very pissed with Baden), France and it's vassals got Aragon at it's knees. Unfortunately they're still too large to annex them, so I leave them with a colony in Africa, Barcelona and the party islands. Unfortunately one of my allies captured Baden, so I can't annex them yet. Next time Baden, until next time...

Oh, and I got in a personal union with newly-formed Wales
Attached Images
File Type: png EU3_MAP_FRA_1583.2.8_1.png (489.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 15-11-2012, 22:02   #30
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Please feel free to liberate Norway, since noone seems to be clever enough to pull a "Harald Fairhair".

You know you 'll strike oil eventually