Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Front Page News
Home

Old 12-11-2010, 18:29   #1
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Default New patch coming up

A new patch is coming up, you can read all about in this thread on the 2K forum.

And for those who wanna read it here, the 10th of november list that is to be changed in the next patch:

AI
  • Worker AI improvements .
  • Update to tactical AI pillaging code. Additionally, always check to make sure it’s not trying to pillage in an enemy dominance zone.
  • AI victory emphasis improvements (more efficient end-game when focusing on Science and Diplo victories).
  • AI should colonize other continents regularly.
  • AI will emphasize production of an Ocean going explorer unit when the time comes.
  • Adjust Napoleon to make him more likely to go for culture.
  • More aggressive second wave expansion (mostly off shore) after initial empire building and consolidation has occurred.
  • Optimization when finding routes (pathfinder improvement).
  • Multiple tweaks and bug fixes.
  • AI will now build ranged and mobile units more in line with the flavor settings.
  • Multiple defensive AI tweaks.

GAMEPLAY
  • Cities heal more quickly.
  • Only allow one upgrade per unit from a goody hut.

UI
  • Tweaked the single-player score list to hide the civs of unmet ai players.

DIPLO
  • AI's attitude towards you is now visible in the diplo screen and diplo drop-down.
  • Added info tooltip for an AI leader's mood. Lists things that are making an AI player happy/upset.
  • New diplo system: Declaration of Friendship (public declaration with diplomatic repercussions).
  • New diplo system: Denounce (public declaration with diplomatic repercussions).
  • New custom leader responses (Serious Expansion Warning, Aggressive Military, Luxury Exchange, Borders Exchange, Gift Request).

MODDING
  • Parent category counts now include counts of child categories.
  • Selecting/deselecting a category now automatically selects/deselects it's children and its parent.
  • Tweaked category name truncation to better fit names.
  • Hide categories w/ no children and a count of 0.
  • Added support for fallback languages (if mod is not translated, fall-back to English so text keys are not showing).

MISC
  • Fixed save format which causes saves to increase the memory footprint of the game drastically when loading frequently over the course of the game.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 19:48   #2
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Fixed save format which causes saves to increase the memory footprint of the game drastically when loading frequently over the course of the game.
That's your crash right there. You know reloading is cheating, right
Old 13-11-2010, 00:27   #3
ProPain

That's not my crash as I never reload. I save, crash, restart the game, get a coffee while waiting for Civ V to start and load my game. Rinse and repeat.

So typically I get in only 1 load per civ start and that's when I start up the game. BUt I have to say I've not had the problem again after upgrading NVidia drivers.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:56   #4
Shabbaman
Administrator

Oh, then I didn't read your post properly. I get crashes while loading, not while saving. I think my 2GB and old E6420 isn't enough, what I see a lot of times is that another process starts while the first one hasn't finished completely. For instance, quicksaving. If I quicksave later on in the game it seems as if nothing is happening. So when I open the menu to save manually, then suddenly the "quicksaving" message appears. I suppose this could lead to crashes. Similarly I have "unresponding" messages a lot when I get a diplo screen, though the game never crashes.

Anyway, it seems as if this patch is already released, my civ5 just got updated.
Old 13-11-2010, 17:02   #5
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Well, from a nitpicking point of view, he logically did not disprove your claim that he was reloading for easy winnings and he could be interpreted as drinking a LOT of coffee meanwhile.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 11:13   #6
ProPain

Well, luckily that crash didn't happen too often otherwise I'd be hospital with a caffeine intoxication by now. Start up is taking quite a while though imho.
Old 14-11-2010, 13:35   #7
Furiey
King

I'm playing my first huge map, and yes it is slow to load.
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote