Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Plux' forum
Home

Old 21-08-2003, 19:37   #1
Plux
King

Default Aggie vs Plux ***SPOILER***

1 Starting location looks ok, with cattle tile on river, good bonus grasslands and a fur in reach for my capital. Other settler obviously goes down the river. I don't get a scout for starters, because I am militaristic and industrious iso epansionistic, but I can build scouts so I will do that. Should I report this to Aggie, though? I guess the map maker forgot to deactivate my l33t scout building skillz
I have masonry and wc, so I cannot research a second level tech, so I will go for pottery @ max

17.77KB
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 21:46   #2
Plux
King

Time for a little update on this one, because things are going well!

1 Starting location looks ok, with cattle tile on river, good bonus grasslands and a fur in reach for my capital. Other settler obviously goes down the river. I don't get a scout, because I am militaristic and industrious iso epansionistic, but I can build scouts so I will do that. Should I report this to Aggie, though?
I have masonry and wc, so I cannot research a second level tech, so I will go for pottery @ max
2 Decide to let my second settler cross the river southwards, as it appears to run into coast in the west. worker starts mining cattle. Switch Mecca to warrior, I won't be building any scouts this . would have been nice to have 2,5 trait
9-did some exploring, surrounding are ok. Pop a hut with barbs, first one kills my warrior [grr]

In the turns hereafter I would just expand, losing a handful of warriors to superbarbs. I'm not going near those white boys anymore now .

Then turn 52 will be remembered as the day that put Arabia on the world map.

52- Discover math and have monopoly! Time for a trading session: First buy writing from Carthage for 7gpt and 15 gp, since they have maps, and thus mapmaking. Sell Math to America for Mapmaking and 60 GP. Sell MM to Korea for BW, TW, CB World Map and 4gp (nice ). Sell MM for IW and Myst, 2gp and terr map to Russia. Sell Math for HR to Korea. Sell Math to Vikings for
WM and 2gp. Establish embassies with every civ. Sell MM to Romans for 34gp, WM and RoP. Sell Math to Carthage for 115gp and WM. Sell Math to Russia for WM and RoP. Sell MM to Vikings for RoP. Gift Math to Romans.

Things are looking good . Everyone is polite or even gracious towards me. Aggie is now far behind in tech. Everybody is up to par with me, except for Romans and Russians who lack HR. Aggie is prolly researching math, but that will get him nothing no more. He even lacks BW! That really asks for a quick galley invasions with a couple of swords. I have almost complete map knowledge, and I'm the only one who does.

Research is now set towards construction at min. Some pics:

40.1KB

125.53KB

21.19KB

40.03KB

68.61KB

64.32KB

This is the first PBEM in which I managed to maintain any chances after 50 turns
Old 23-10-2003, 11:34   #3
Aggie
Emperor

Your science research and landgrab where indeed intimidating. That's why I decided that I HAD to rob the Great Library from the Vikings, if only for a turn.

It turned out that you were blocking the route for a couple of turns and from that moment on I just sent all my forces to Arabia. I indeed hoped that you weren't prepared for an early human - human war. The Rider is an awesome unit
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 12:50   #4
Skyfish

Plux, from the outside, we were wondering why you did not grab the GLib before Aggie ? Any special reason ?
Old 24-10-2003, 15:04   #5
Plux
King

Well, I just have to learn to build enough troops in these 1-1's. I had just enough to conquer Korea and push back Rome with swords, making room for a new core, but TGL was out of reach, I thought. Especially when at that time I needed to consider that the vikings had access to their UU. So instead, I wanted to focus on developing a new core around Wonsan (sort of exploiting the far away palace-bug with a ring of distance 5). I did move the capital early, but that's because I just got a GL when razing Korea's last town, and I didn't want to have it around for long. I hoped to have a few more turns for setting good defense in the new core, but Aggie timed his attack perfectly. That single Ansar warrior near Trondheim was just to nag Aggie a bit, too bad he didn't just go around it .

Third loss in a row, but I'm learning a lot from these games against humans!