Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 17-06-2008, 02:28   #11
mauer
King

Simon says:

@ynnek- well my sister can access everything just fine on her laptop in the room adjacent to me. I am also able to acces anything i want on the computer downstairs, for this reason i can only assume its on my computer.

@PP1- i think that what i said to ynnek applies here, could it really be my provider if 2 other computers are running fine?

@graham i have absolutly no idea what that codebox means, do i have to do something? thats another page it appears i am unable to load. but yeah i've tried IE, and various versions of firefox. I havent tried the memory thing but i will try again tonight.

@shabba- i've tried turning on and off. I've also tried connecting to the router wirelessly and through the mains of the house (i have this thing which you plug in and then the electrical wiring connects you, i think) both have no joy.

@graham again- i've got the latest IE i believe.

@meli- i have what looks to be 6 different java updates in my add/remove place totalling about 900MB, do you really want me to be uninstalling all of that then redownloading it?

Thanks for your help so far anyway guys.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 02:44   #12
BCLG100
Deity

That's usually something like a firewall problem. You say you tried turning it off. You could try switching to a different firewall like Zone Alarm. Not sure what else to tell you.

Is there anyway to check whether i have one running? i downloaded a free one which had a virus inside and allthough i got rid of it instantly it may still be running.

If you open up the Task Manager, it will tell you all of the processes that are running. And since you won't recognize most of them, you can write down all the names and search to figure which is which. Run an anti virus, and download and install zone alarm as a firewall. Running that should automatically shut down any different firewall.

Well i've run avast and AVG and got rid of anything i had. I've got zonealarm also and that is running. However my problems still persist.

So is there anything further that i can do?

i've tried a system restore to a point where i had no problems. The only option i can see open to me is formatting my comp but that really can't be my only option for a broswer problem.

Also just incase anyone was wondering i found a couple of tools which check your system to see which firewalls are running.

http://www.trolly.homepage.t-online.de/tools.html

So i have these apparantly

Quote:
Windows Firewall is off
1 Service(s) from ZoneAlarm (TrueVector) detected
8 Service(s) from AVG (AVG) detected
1 Service(s) from Norton/Symantec (SYMTDI) detected
firewall process from ZoneAlarm detected
I uninstalled norton awhile back so i am curious as to why its still there.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 02:46   #13
BCLG100
Deity

So i can post but it just takes me to a white screen and when i refresh im logged straight back out again! i have to click post reply and manually enter things and don't stay logged in.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 17-06-2008, 03:21   #14
grahamiam
Emperor

Maybe you have a corruption issue where your temporary internet files are stored? Didn't you have another strange issue just a little while ago?
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 12:24   #15
BCLG100
Deity

I did but i deleted everything i possibly could, temp files/cookies/firefox/everything.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 17-06-2008, 16:55   #16
BCLG100
Deity

Woooooooooo i've fixed it (i think) i had an apparant variation of the vundo trojan
http://bbayles.googlepages.com/antivundo.html

All it took was me deleting one file in the sytem 32 place. I'm running a couple of virus scans now to make sure i have got rid of everything but i can access facebook and log in here now properly! its a little slow but i think thats because i deleted all cookies/cache

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 17-06-2008, 21:49   #17
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Nice one!
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote