Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 12-08-2004, 10:24   #21
Cruise

I think if you buy excellent stamina midfielders with inadequate PM it wont cost u hardly anything.

That way you can buy yourself a few trainees to start the investments on youngsters. Starting with goaltending training is supposed to be the easiest way to go early on.
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 16:39   #22
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by yndy

I've taken another look at the transfer market and yes my original price indication could be too optimistic. Still I think that EUR 30k per player is doable and some players can be bought even cheaper.
I think you're right you can get them at 30k also, but you have to consider buying time too. This strategy works best if you can buy all your trainees around the same time and sell them at the same time too. If you aim for the 35k average I think you can get 25 players fairlu quickly. You're right that that's not squeezing the price to the limit however. But Kemal loves mm;ing so maybe he can get them all at 25K

Quote:
quote:I've taken a look at Kemal's team as well and I doubt he'll be able to make 250 k from sale of players. So it's likely he'll reach the limit of -200k before reaching a size 50 squad. I

In such a case when he reaches something like -150K, he should switch from solid playmaking to passable playmaking, anmd the price for each player should be close to 0 (I failed completely to sell two passable playmaking due to bad stamina).
I think the sellers market for passable midfielders is a tricky one. I'd rather buy a few less solids.

[quote]PP, there's a problem with rinse and repeat in this tactic and it's the team spirit. The team spirit will drop to the absolute minimum if you do 40 transfers in a week. It will also drop when selling all those players. The result is that Kemal won't have half-decent results until the end of the season. [quote]
I agree rinse and repeat has it's drawbacks. In kemals case he can train 20/25 players now, sell at the end of season and decide to rinse and repeat then. When you get a team at the beginning of the season I think rinse and repeat is the way to go as you'll lose that first season anyway due to the first half stamina training.

But in Kemals case I think the extra season lost will easily be made up for when you buy yourself a team for 5M in the 8th/9th division. You'll be trashing every team easily after that well into 7th.

I'll read your additions later, need to start cooking for my guests
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 18:40   #23
Kemal

One other question I'd like to ask, where can I find how much stars my own players have? I just made a line-up for my next game, and when inspecting my opponent getting a reading on his players (and stars) was easy, but I'd also like to see the stars for my own squad/players.

Also, the opposing team has just 10 players fielded, would that have any consequences on the game (i.e. will it still be played normally)?
Old 13-08-2004, 23:23   #24
ProPain

if you download Hattrick Organizer (www.hattrickorganizer.de) you will get your players rated close to the star rating. You always have to round down the rating to half points to get the stars (2.7 = 2.5 start) but sometimes HO is a bit off. In my last match all ratings where acccurate except for a wingback that was rated 2.4 but got 1.5 stars. I think that was due to the fact he didnt play for a while.

When a team fields 9 or more players the match will be played normally. Chances you'll win the match will be much higher obviously.
Old 14-08-2004, 09:51   #25
Shabbaman
Administrator

It's more likely that he had a problem with the weather conditions.
Old 16-08-2004, 21:06   #26
Kemal

A small update on how I'm doing on the transfermarket:

I've experienced it's very tough to get solid playmakers for &lt;30K, I've done 3 sessions of bidding for these guys, but when the deadline draws to a close prices usually soar to around 45/50K in no-time, which atm I'm unable to afford I guess.

So, I've only managed to contract 2 solid playmakers in these 3 sessions, those two being:

Michael Mikkelsen (27718948)
25 years, weak form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and righteous.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Danmark
Total Skill Index (TSI): 500
Wage: 763 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: FC De Snaken
Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: solid Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

For 10K,

And this guy:

Hans Steinmetz (38371903)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: Österreich
Total Skill Index (TSI): 410
Wage: 711 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: FC De Snaken
Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

For 29K.

Question is, on this slow rate, could the gamble ever pay off? or is it just really slow going this way?
Old 16-08-2004, 22:55   #27
ProPain

I think it will be difficult to get em under &lt;30K. In my calculation I used a 35K average, that should be doable more quickly. Don't be afraid to hit the red figures as long as you don't exceed the -300K to be on the safe side.

Also buying on 'weird' times, like the middle of the night could pay off as less people are online. But playmakers are ever popular so I dont think it will ever get easy...
Old 17-08-2004, 07:13   #28
yndy
Prince

Quote:
quote:
Question is, on this slow rate, could the gamble ever pay off? or is it just really slow going this way?
Well, no, it does not seem to pay off. The only thing to do is increase your maximum price a bit if there's no other way to go. Go for 35k or even 40k but keep looking for the cheap ones and keep some spare cash in reserve so that you don't run out of cash when you finally get to find the cheap ones.

Now that you know the market, you'd better target somewhere around 2 - 3 players per session plus bid the maximum price you want to pay anyway (say 30k) on all players with deadlines during the night then go to sleep. You may end up with a number of players in the morning.
Old 17-08-2004, 16:06   #29
Kemal

Well, no idea what's happening with the market, but after 3 days of having great difficulty buying any solid PM for &lt;35K, I now have had one big transfer-session, which resulted in my team now having 16 solid PMs bought at an average (including the first 3 expensive 30K ones) 22.1K per player, resulting in -43K cash left.

Should that be enough to start the gambit, or should I keep looking? Interest rates are pretty steep of course...
Old 17-08-2004, 17:52   #30
yndy
Prince

Well, then lower your maximum price a bit. I'm sure that with 20k a player you'll still cover the interest of 8 weeks (40+%) and make a profit. Maybe get used to check the market every now and then and place wild bids.