Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 14-03-2006, 21:56   #1
Tubby Rower

Default ***SPOILER*** for CFC mega Pitboss game

If you are in the multiplayer pitboss game or intend to substitute for anyone in that game...please leave now. If you feel the need to cheat and are caught... you will be a loser either way.

Old 14-03-2006, 22:01   #2
Tubby Rower

My capital

The territory that I have explored

Those who I've met.... I haven't a clue where I met Sigma. He must have had a scout peak in and then out when I wasn't online. Peter is reportedly East of Robboo. I'm headed NE now with a warrior and suspect to meet someone else soon.

I immediately got with GeorgeOP and Robboo and developed a 3-man alliance. Hopefully we'll be able to cornfuse the others by gifting units to a warring partner without getting involved ourselves

Old 14-03-2006, 22:15   #3
Tubby Rower

I'm an idiot.... That last one is really the tiles worked

According to our alliance, I'm headed for Alpha then an advanced religion since I'm the most isolated and in least danger from others. After I get Alpha, we'll all be trading like mad and should shoot up the score graphs.

I'm likely going to die off out of us three if our warring goes well. I'll be cut off pretty quick by GeorgeOP. So I'm willing to help them out as long as I can. I might be able to get a 5CC going and reduce corruption and be a science power house.
Old 15-03-2006, 09:04   #4
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hey Tubby, I noticed your spoiler is being read by "guests". Obviously that's not forbidden, but since not everyone on CFC might now the proper etiquette regarding spoilers I'd suggest you lock your forum for non-members. That way we can at least see who's reading your spoiler.
Old 15-03-2006, 12:56   #5
Tubby Rower

BAh... Thanks for the advice, but my feelings on it is that if they feel the need to cheat, I'll let them. It's not that big of a deal to me whether I win or lose. I just enjoy playing. And if I can beat the cheaters, then I am KIIINNNGG OF THE WOOORRLLLD!!!!

btw, I've been conversing with George and Rob and now Rob is going after Alpha and I am going after Theology. Rob is also financial and has better land and the graphs show that he has more gpt than me. Hopefully either Rob or myself could get a religion. George is working on Iron Working now. Seeing how the map is supposed to be balanced, we all have bronze so I'm not sure whether we'll all have iron or not.
Old 15-03-2006, 13:07   #6
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

BAh... Thanks for the advice, but my feelings on it is that if they feel the need to cheat, I'll let them. It's not that big of a deal to me whether I win or lose. I just enjoy playing. And if I can beat the cheaters, then I am KIIINNNGG OF THE WOOORRLLLD!!!!
Couldn't agree more, just wanted to point it out. Good luck to you.
Old 15-03-2006, 13:11   #7
Tubby Rower

Thanks.... I got a rough start at the tip of a pennisula and near the tundra. I don't have a river more than 1 tile long to take advantage of my financial trait. So I went out and made friends and have influenced people. I'll need luck to win this game. I've only had MP experience with Whomp in civ4 so I'm not sure how much that translates to these guys.

Advice is appreciated and will be considered (I'll offer semi-rational explanations if I deviate from advice).
Old 15-03-2006, 13:40   #8
Shabbaman
Administrator

First advice: you won't get friends with just words. Expect a huge SOD from George at any time. When they find out you're stuck in a corner with no more option to expand, you're doomed.

DOOMED!

So, even better, build your own SOD just to be sure.

Second advice: the key to winning in civ4 is chopping as many forests as you can. Stop building the settler for now, and build an unit to protect your worker. Send the worker/unit combo outside your territory to chop as many forests as you can before someone grabs that land. After the unit, build another worker to either chop more or improve the land around your capital, and then build the settler. I think this won't take much longer than the 12 turns you need now for finishing the settler (although I assume you're going to chop right away anyway).

Where do you want to settle first? You could build at the coast next to the corn/bronze/beaver. Beaver cities are always good
It'd be good if you can somehow explore those lands more directly east from your capital.
Old 15-03-2006, 15:33   #9
Tubby Rower

I already have a barracks and nothing else can be improved in the capital. I am planning on being stupid and trusting George and Rob. They can out-produce me and out-grow me right now. Rob has talked about giving me cities as they expand north and east. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but there is a little hope that Rob could help me defend against an attack against George.

I'm chopping the forest on the grassland right now and will mine the forested hill next. I should get my settler out a couple of turns after Writing comes in so that I can start on a library. My second city will include lots of beaver and bronze covered corn. I figure that I could get George and/or Rob to road to me so that trading of the 3 beavers can happen.

I'm not concerned at the moment about the worker's security. Barbs should show up soon, but I have my warrior to go take care of them and can pop-rush another if need be. I might pull my capital defense while the settler builds to explore the east and provide some protection for my future settlers.

Any thoughts on the second city's name?
Old 15-03-2006, 15:36   #10
Tubby Rower

Also, after I plant 2 maybe 3 cities, I will be able to improve them a lot quicker and fuller than George and Rob could. So I should be able to accumulate a sizeable force eventually. I just need to figure out a way to honorably get out of the alliance when it needs to be dissolved.