Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 18-11-2006, 21:32   #11
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It seems also that Warlords do not handle xml cashing correctly. So, for this (and every other game in general) to work correctly, it has to be loaded with xml cashing turned off. holding down the shift key while loading is not enough since some xml or other settings are not correclt loaded in the case.

This scenario is hence essentially unplayable in hotseat due to different tech trees which are not properly refreshed on the F6 screen but tool bar on top still allows to make a correct choice of tech to research.
Old 19-11-2006, 03:41   #12
Robi D
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

It seems also that Warlords do not handle xml cashing correctly. So, for this (and every other game in general) to work correctly, it has to be loaded with xml cashing turned off. holding down the shift key while loading is not enough since some xml or other settings are not correclt loaded in the case.

This scenario is hence essentially unplayable in hotseat due to different tech trees which are not properly refreshed on the F6 screen but tool bar on top still allows to make a correct choice of tech to research.
There is something on the cfc about that. Firaxis relaesed a special patch for the hotseat problem but its not compatible with people who don't have. It really for people that use hotseat which i don't. What i did notice while trialing the scenario in hotseat mode, is that VP scoring is off, only time, conquest and domination are on. Egypt and Celts start in a slightly weaker postion then Rome, Greece and Carthage but can easily catch up.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 12:45   #13
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

IMHO, even though I have not played them to the end in SP mode, most of them might be quite playable in PBEM. Especially those like Rise of Rome, Chinese Unification, may be Alexander and Peloponnessian Wars, may be Omen. Not sure about Vikings (have to try that in hotseat first) and certainly Genghis Khan is unlikely just because of weird scoring.
The only one I've played so far is Alexander. This one may be playable, but there would have to be some serious balancing. Also, more than 2 players would be a waste I think. Alexander and Darius would be playable, but I doubt Egypt would make a fun game...
Old 25-11-2006, 00:31   #14
killercane
Prince

I dont know if we will get a fifth, maybe someone can take Egypt and Celts if we have no more takers so we can get this game up and going.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 02:13   #15
Robi D
King

Or we could leave one to the AI

Old 10-12-2006, 19:55   #16
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

OK, not much interest here but we can still try to make it with 4 players. Leaving Celts to AI would be too cheese from Rome so might be Egypt can be played by an AI. However, Darkness had also shown some interest here, might be we still have 5 players? That would be indeed an optimal variant.

I'm pretty indifferent as to what I would play except that I don't like desert and would prefer Celts, Greece or Rome and not Carthage or Egypt.

I thik I'll also pm all other interested just to make sure.

I'm also thinking about Monarch or Prince (less desirable) difficulty and speed is normal by default. Otherwise, this map is essentially multiplayer-ready and can be run without any other major tweaks. But this mod does not have many of new features implemented in the patch 2.08 for Warlords.
Old 11-12-2006, 00:10   #17
Robi D
King

I happy to play Carthage if no one else wants them, but i'm open to play any of the 5. Price or Monarch is fine with me

Old 11-12-2006, 09:13   #18
Darkness

I'm going to have to skip this one.
RL is very busy atm...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:57   #19
romeothemonk
King

I can play egypt or the Celts.
I won as Carthage on Emporer by domination.
WW can really kick your buttocks in this scenario.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:23   #20
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

OK, so lets wait for killercane to show up and we then can decide who plays Rome and who plays Greece. Honesty, I'd prefer Greece while romeo might take Celts. This leaves Rome to killercane and Egypt to AI with Robi D taking Carthage.