Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Mauer Powah!
Home

Old 24-08-2008, 05:36   #1
mauer
King

Default SPOILER 4 TEXAS HOLDEM

Been some time since I've done a spoiler, suppose I can't start to catch back up with this belated one. Anyways, you know the drill......if you're in this game and not dead

GO

AWAY!!!!

Old 24-08-2008, 05:56   #2
mauer
King

Here's the rundown, Akots and Ian are both in the lead. Techs, score, MFG, GNP...the whole shebang. I'm one of the few that got really crappy starting positions, which you'll see below. Anyways, having been ruined for a victory chance from the beginning, Robi and I decided to test something. We're going to see how much two backwards Civilizations can influence the game via diplomacy, sneakyness, backstabbing and downright underhandedness.

Anyways, we've decided that we're going to try and help Graham win the game. No reason in particular, but to just see if we can. I've secretly allied myself with Robi for this goal, but at the same time have given myself up as a semi vassal to akots. Not sure how to handle akots, but I'll try. Especially since we want him to go to war with Ian eventually.

I'd better post some screenshots before this gets boring.....or more so anyways.

My starting spot. Not terrible, but the room for expansion is crap.

113.28 KB

Here's Robi's start, which is even worse than mine.

49.05 KB

Here's the world at large. Notice the disproportionate amount of bonus tiles around the globe compared to my land. SUX (EDIT: Took the wrong screenshot. Anyways, everyone has at least 3 luxury tiles to work within their borders, some have upwards of 10! I.....have ONE.)

82.68 KB

116.2 KB

And a better overview of what I have to work with.

70.78 KB

So, I've basically been spreading Hinduism around my cities that Robi so graciously shared. Building Harbors, Markets, monastaries. Anything to try and get cash and research up. All in vain I'm afraid, but gotta try. I've been slacking on the defenses, but that's because I've got a deal with Robi, Akots, and Bodean. They are the only ones that could really harm me, but I'm well rested in the fact that no one really wants my land. Mostly because it sucks, but partially because I'm the host I'm sure.

As of right now Bodean is at war with Nitro, but he's about to get double teamed by Graham and Nitro, so he's toast. I'd help Nitro and Graham, but Bodean is A) a noob, and B) the majority payer on my deer lease, and C) has been my best friend for 27 years.

Anyways, my story in this game is boring, but I'm sharing none the less
Old 17-10-2008, 22:48   #3
mauer
King

Many apologies for not keeping this updated. Looks like it's shaped up about the way it's gonna be though. Akots and Ian are way ahead in GNP and MFG. Nothing much anyone else can do about it at this point. I'm just playing along now and thinking about attacking someone.
Old 26-11-2008, 19:28   #4
mauer
King

Just posting this so that barbu can find out the mystery, if it is one. Those be my pirate ships matey. I knew you were gonna get walloped, so I took the opportunity to cash in
Old 26-11-2008, 19:55   #5
barbu1977
Emperor

Thanks for the help! I was suspecting the AI.

I'll update my spoiler soon.
Old 26-11-2008, 20:13   #6
mauer
King

Sorry barbsy, but I'm still flinging arrows and swinging maces. I couldn't have helped if I wanted to.
Old 26-11-2008, 22:24   #7
BCLG100
Deity

This spoiler sucks, as bad as the one's i couldnt be arsed updating.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 26-11-2008, 22:43   #8
mauer
King

5 Pictures sweetheart! 5 more than your suck butt spoilers that haven't been started yet :P
Old 27-11-2008, 02:10   #9
BCLG100
Deity

Yeah so your a tease, give people 5 pictures then dont explain wtf is going on for the rest of the game. I've only not started one spoiler cos i want to write down more than 'and then i hit enter'

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 27-11-2008, 03:57   #10
mauer
King

Exactly! Actually, I was gonna update this spoiler tonight, but I had to spend the whole time explaining why it was so crap. Really though, I think it's cause I was doing really crap and had not the motivation to update crap.