Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 14-04-2010, 09:16   #1
Aggie
Emperor

Default A transfer affair

My player Duriez was on the transfer market, with a deadline yesterday at 15.38 h Amsterdam time.

As I do more often he was for sale for 1000 euro, because I have bad experiences with minimum transfer prices (this looks like a psychologically difficult step to make for most). After what happened yesterday I’m going to think twice about this…

Duriez was 18 y and 89 d young and had brilliant defending and passable passing. TC had 4 similar players. One was 2.8M, one was 3,5M and two were more than 4M.

At 13h I noticed that HT was down. Knowing that my player was for sale this worried me a little, because there would be less time to bid on him. At 15.09h I managed to access HT again, while just before the site said it would take until 16h.

Thinking that only a few people would log on I decided to participate in the bidding to ensure that the player would sell for at least 2.5M. I’d rather have my player back with a little loss on transfer costs than with a huge value loss due to the downtime that occurred. Ten minutes before the deadline someone bid 2.52M. While still far under 2.8M I decided to stop there. No-one overbid this and at 15.38 the bidding was finished.

It took longer than normal for this sale to appear as my revenue, but before that occurred I got this mail:

“Very unsportsmanlike to bid on your own player.

In other words, I have overpaid 99,000 for this player and want that money back.

Two options for you:
1: Pay the money back through bidding on a player of mine: (worth zero - all skills weak, expect for passable passing; Aggie)
2: I report it to hattrick.

Please be more sportsmanlike in the future”.

My response was:

“You just had a bargain.

As you know we just came from a downtime. I had hoped that the transfer time would be extended by a few hours, but to my great disappointment that did not happen. I did not want to squander my expensive players. Therefore I needed to prevent an outrageous price.

As you could have seen in transfer compare the cheapest comparable players were 2.8 M and 3.5 M and others were worth more. So I am quite unhappy with the price of Duriez.

I think you use really big words here. If you want to go to the HT GM’s I will give my response to the Hattrick GM's.”

But before I could send my mail he already reported me to HT, so he told me. And again used big words in new mails.

Luckily the transfer deadline was extended by 360 minutes and I sold the player for 3.35M. 850K more than it was before.

Knowing the HT rules I am fully allowed to bid on my own players, so I have no worries there. But HE tried to persuade me to do something really illegal (bidding big sum on a worthless player). So I’m thinking about reporting HIM. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Aggie; 14-04-2010 at 14:17.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 09:25   #2
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

He did not do anything illegal and neither you did. I guess intentions do not count to GM.
Old 14-04-2010, 10:21   #3
socralynnek

I'd report him. As far as I know, such mails should be reported. That is at least spamming, if not disallowed behavior imposing such threats.

You didn't do anything illegal, unsportsmanlike or anything else.

Bidding on a player of oneself is so bad if you get the player (AFAIK he is treated like a new player afterwards which imposes trading restrictions and higher fees for next selling)

For short: I'd report him.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:13   #4
BCLG100
Deity

I'd probably just ignore it, as far as I see you didn't do anything against the rules but it doesn't hurt to stay off the GM's radars so when a sub comes in you don't have to worry about it.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 14:08   #5
Shabbaman
Administrator

What a wanker. I'd report him, he wants you to do something illegal. I think he'll loose his team over this. Besides all that, you did something perfectly agreeable.
Old 14-04-2010, 14:19   #6
Aggie
Emperor

Sice I agree with Ynnek and Shabba I reported the guy/girl. I will keep you updated
Old 14-04-2010, 16:45   #7
barbu1977
Emperor

A hattrick bullie!
Old 17-05-2010, 16:49   #8
yndy
Prince

You can report him for spamming. Intentions don't really count.
Old 18-05-2010, 08:37   #9
Aggie
Emperor

I reported him, but didn't hear anything from the GMs. Last time I checked (last week) he was still active.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:15   #10
BCLG100
Deity

I saw the word transfer here and thought this would be the best place to announce it!

After over 4 years playing hattrick i have officially broken even in terms of transfer fees!

Total Purchases: 33 056 981 £ Average (bought): 465 591 £
Total Sales: 33 821 333 £ Average (sold): 483 162 £

admitedly i only have 17 players including the coach but still a reason to be happy!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote