Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ IV
Home

Old 25-05-2007, 15:34   #11
digger760
King

I'm am not exacly sure of how many points i need to win,

I think i need 3 cities 100,000 each is that correct?
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 16:14   #12
Kemal

That depends on game speed (map size?) iirc, the victory screen or civilopedia should tell you the correct amount for your game.
Old 25-05-2007, 16:30   #13
barbu1977
Emperor

Civilopedia does not tell you the exact number. You'll have to get it at CFC. Normal is 50000 (that is listed in civilopedia). Fast is 25000, but the 2 others, I don't remember.
Old 25-05-2007, 16:33   #14
killercane
Prince

Instead of Great merchants, make em all artists! Starve down your peripheral cities making artists, especially towards the end. Having the 3 different religious cathedrals in each city will help, as opposed to just one in each different city.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 16:45   #15
digger760
King

Victory is mine, needed 75000 from 3 cities. A close call though against the space ship race, Chinese were only an SS Engine away from victory. Also managed to claim another another Zulu and Russian city by revolt.

I didn't relise that you could build multiple religious cathedrals in a city.... that would have improved my situation greatly. Not to mention I would have built a monastery to spread toaist and hinduism around and built those cathedrals as well. I can see that Broadcast towers and later techs would not have been required. Not that it matters i got there in the end. Dont think i'll be going for cultural victory again. might try for a diplo win next.

I only had one city on Merchants, so that i could keep my treasury from going bust with great trade missions, when i though i had enough to hold out i changed to artists. I used to tresury to rush a catherdrals & broadcast towers
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 17:36   #16
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

As the guides say, key wonders are Pyramids and Hermitage + Globe Theater and National Epic in the great people city if you decide to research to Nationalism. It is possible to just research to Music and stop there or continue to Nationalism, Printing Press and Liberalism. Having at least 6 cities with 6 religions or 9 cities with less (3-4) religions also helps a lot. Three cultural cities build only cathedrals whereas others build temples and missionaries. The cultural slider can be turned all way up only after all catherdals are cash-rushed or pop-rushed or hand-built. Religious civics alternate from Organized religion early on to spread your religions faster without a need to build Monasteries in peripheral cities and to speed up building cathedrals in cultural cities. Then, switch to Pacifism/Caste system and generate as many Great Artists as possible in your GP farm. Usually, by the end of the game on Epic speed, you can get about 800-1000 culture points per turn in cultural cities, sometimes even more. You can run either slavery or Universal Suffrage to pop-rush or cash-rush respectively. Usually, pop-rushing is more reliable. Everything else is not important except you need to stay alive to the end of the game, so in-between temples and missionaries, the peripheral cities have to build some military.