Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2004, 20:15   #1
Melifluous
Administrator

Default Results Day 12 Season 21

How cool am I?

Just had a 7-0 win in my favour!

Also had like just over 13,000 people turn up to watch!

And best of all I just rose to like 6th place in my division, my highest place so far!

Quote:
quote:
13848 spectators had come to Meli's Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. They fielded: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Bryan, Cheesman - Davis, Hornabrook, Turner, Alistair - Verspoor, Greenwood, Venkataraman.

SUPERFURRY had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Ashman - Starr, Granger, O'Casey - Kannappan, Lancaster, Griffiths, O'Reilly, Anandan - Bejai, Cook.

Ian Turner hit the ball just perfect in the 6:th minute and could score for Manglers with a fab long shot to 1 - 0. With 7 minutes played Ian Turner could have brought this one home for Manglers, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. In the 22nd minute Manglers put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Mark Verspoor coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Walsh Greenwood of Manglers received a yellow card in the 34:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Alan Hornabrook squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 34:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. 4 - 0 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Manglers´s Walsh Greenwood landed at the feet of Aatmaj Venkataraman who sent it into the net - goal! After this Manglers lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 0. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

Mark Verspoor should probably have put his team up another goal in the 60:th minute, but some great goaltending by Horace Ashman kept the visitors in the game. Aatmaj Venkataraman almost managed to score another goal for Manglers, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Aatmaj Venkataraman squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 77:th minute, asserting the lead to 5 - 0. In the 77:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Mark Verspoor dashed through, knocking home 6 - 0 for Manglers. David Spreadbury increased Manglers´s lead to 7 - 0 from a penalty spot cannonball. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 86 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Walsh Greenwood. However, Mark Verspoor made a disastrous appearance. Most important SUPERFURRY player was Horace Ashman. Daviken O'Reilly on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 7 - 0.
Melifluous

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote