Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum > CDZ teams
Home

Old 19-02-2008, 08:02   #221
Aggie
Emperor

I think I’m going to follow the example of sz_matyas and post my squad here. I will face a strong VIIth league and I hope I’m prepared.

I sold a few older players and players with almost no side-skills. This is my team now. I should be able to get 50 stars and 200 hatstats now and then. This would be among the highest ratings of my league (but certainly not by far):

GK:
Hugo Mabit: formi GK, WC set pieces (almost 26 yr old)
Philip Danbury: solid GK (24 yr old)

Defense:
Krzyztof Cap: magni def (26 yr old)
Eugeniusz Klimczak: brilliant def, solid wing (21.5 yr old)
Simon Dirksen: formi def, solid PM (25 yr old) [quick]

Wing:
Henryk Bielan: almost magni wing, inad PM, scoring, passing (almost 21 yr old) [head]
Alex Cousin: formi wing, passable PM, inad def (19 yr old)
Serhan Koryak: formi wing, inad PM (18.5 yr old) [unpred]
Giuliano Stievano: solid wing, passable pass, inad PM (almost 18 yr old) [head]

PM:
Bjorn Heemink: WC PM, inad scoring (23.5 yr old)[head]
Mateja Tosic: magni PM, inad passing (25 yr old) [unpred]
Anton Karateev: brilliant PM, passable score, formi SP (22.5 yr old) [head]
Philippe Gautheron: brilliant PM, passable passing, solid SP (23 yr old) [power]

Scoring:
Filippo Lamaresca: outstanding scoring, passable, PM, wing, passing (21.5 yr old)
Manor Landesman: formi scoring, solid wing (20 yr old)

Besides this I have a couple of passable players in all sorts of positions. I have been training winger and I plan to keep doing so.

My idea is to sell Bielan as soon as he hits magni. I planned to replace him with a young winger. I’d expect a profit of 1 million with that deal and with that money I’d like to improve the team.
I expect to make about 100,000 euro every two weeks. At this moment I'm broke.

edit: I have almost 1500 supporters and I'm upgrading the stadium to 32,000.

Anyone with pointers on what steps to take?
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 12:18   #222
Tubby Rower

why are you training a solid winger? is it because of the secondaries or because you were broke? I'm mainly asking as I'm trying to learn

Old 19-02-2008, 12:25   #223
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

why are you training a solid winger? is it because of the secondaries or because you were broke? I'm mainly asking as I'm trying to learn
I am not in a position to buy an excellent 17 yo wingers with decent side-skills. They are far too expensive for me. I think you have to pay 1 million and you can question yourself if you are ever going to really profit from such a player. I myself choose to go for solid 17 yo's. This way I'm losing 5 or 6 weeks but I can live with that...
Old 19-02-2008, 18:26   #224
sz_matyas

Nice team you have there, though the new rules on GK set pieces is going to hurt a bit.

If I were running the team, here are the changes I would make for the coming season with a couple long term issues.

GK: Seems like a decent starter. Long term you should look to replace him, but that is probably 2 seasons away

Defense: I would spend your $1M from your winger here (or most of it anyway). A way to steal wins against better teams is to field a good defense and then rely on SP and SE for goals. This limits the damage of a loss and can get you an unexpected win. With only 3 good defenders it's hard to play unexpected 4-5-1 games for this type of result. Also I only see 1 true wing back, very useful to have two if you are playing a team like mine that has its best players on the wing.

Wings: I have no problem with the solid wing, he's 4th in line and probably won't play any important matches until he has improved. He'll turn into a great player with time, so don't sweat it. Overall, looks like a solid bunch of players here.

IM: Nice group here, really can't go too wrong. I would note that scoring doesn't matter for IMs (unless combined with SP for long shots) so don't worry about buying/noting it.

Forwards: Here is where I would spend the rest of your money this season. You don't have the high level wingers yet so you need to boost that with a strong central attack and formidable/outstanding just won't cut it. I would recommend brilliant/outstanding at a minimum and maybe a touch higher given the talent on your team. This isn't a rush, but an area that must be addressed.

General: I would possibly look for a SP guy to take advantage of the 3 players with head on your team. As stated earlier, this is a great way to pull surprise wins or keep blowouts close.

Given your low income, I would recommend against getting any new players WC and above for now as you have more significant needs and can't afford the huge salary bump. I like the team though and figure you would either beat me or at least challenge me hard in 14 game playoff.
Old 20-02-2008, 09:35   #225
Aggie
Emperor

Thank you very much! It's always nice to know what others think and your insights are very valuable for me.

First on my list will be defense and then forwards. And indeed I have to look for a replacement SP-taker. The two forwards are WB's in friendlies to improve their winger skills. So as soon as one pops (and I have money left) I will probably (edit replace the player.
Old 20-02-2008, 14:12   #226
BCLG100
Deity

Personally i think your defence is better than your attack so perhaps should look to invest there. Problem is if you do want a brilliant forward your looking at spending between 900,000-1,000,000 £. That doesnt even get you a 5 star forward for that you should probably be buying WC and he'll definatly get you 5 stars a game but then your looking at at least another 300-400k more.

You could consider selling landesman, that solid wing and formi scoring means he's still quite an attractive person to train so you should. Just checking out the markets and a 24 year old is on for 650k. Above asking price but theres no reason you wouldnt be able to get more than what you paid for him.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 09:24   #227
Aggie
Emperor

Step by step I am moving away from winger training. This player is one of the products of the current training regime:

Quote:
quote: Eugeniusz Klimczak (144011653)
23 years and 3 days, inadequate form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and honest.
Has weak experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Next birthday: 04-11-2008
Nationality: Polska
Total Skill Index (TSI): 17 220
Wage: 4 864 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Lucky Aggie
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: excellent Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: formidable Defending: brilliant
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

Career Goals: 11
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 1
Cup goals this season: 0
He started as passable winger and indications show that he might be worth almost 3 M euro. I am curious about what the experts around here think about this guy.

Should I keep him or should I sell him and replace him with a player around 19/20 yo, same defender strength and a great secondary skill in PM.

I am think about switching to PM training.
Old 18-07-2008, 13:38   #228
socralynnek

Hmmm, transfer prices are not my speciality. I know how to analyze the situation once I start searching for a player (BTW, with patience and 3 weeks of searching I managed to get a solid exp/solid leadership guy for 500 K€, because you asked a few weeks ago)

I can imagine him being worth 3M. Sounds reasonable.

Training him in PM is probably not really worth it although normal playing WB have an influence on midfield. But not enough.

Personally I like training defenders in PM as you can see in my team, so I'd say yes...

Selling him depends on whether you think you need him or the money more. That's a difficult question as that player is very nice to have.
Old 18-07-2008, 15:19   #229
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Step by step I am moving away from winger training. This player is one of the products of the current training regime:

He started as passable winger and indications show that he might be worth almost 3 M euro. I am curious about what the experts around here think about this guy.

Should I keep him or should I sell him and replace him with a player around 19/20 yo, same defender strength and a great secondary skill in PM.

I am think about switching to PM training.
I think I would keep him if I was in your position. The player is good enough to play in division V. At least better than my wingbacks.
3M seems like a lot of money for this player, so I think he will bring a bit less, but maybe that is, because I need a simular player with slightly higher stats. And I do not want him to be that expensive.

Old 21-07-2008, 13:02   #230
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by arne1
3M seems like a lot of money for this player, so I think he will bring a bit less...
You were correct. He sold for 'only' 2 819 000 ˆ!

edit2: I decided to sell the player, because I want to improve my midfield as much as possible. Therefore I am also going to focus at defenders and wingers with PM as a strong 2nd trait...
edit: a couple of madmen just went into a bidding war for this player:
Quote:
quote:Anton Karateev (131962280)
24 years and 2 days, inadequate form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and honest.
Has poor experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Next birthday: 08-11-2008
Nationality: Ukraina
Total Skill Index (TSI): 11 210
Wage: 5 142 ˆ/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Lucky Aggie
Warnings: 1
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: excellent Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: brilliant Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: formidable