Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 13-10-2004, 23:50   #1
Kingreno

Default 2vs2vs2v2 ***SPOILAH***

Not for Killer, Stapel, Akots or their allies!!!

This is a story of Victory. This is a story of Love.

Gilgamesh the Builder sat in his palace. His mind was occupied with just a single thought; Lizzie!

4.58KB

The problem he was now facing was the fact that his beloved Lizzie was still far away. However, some elegant ways of communication in the form of Mimi show that the future will be bright. Mimi:

16.82KB

Mimi flew back and forth between Lizzie and Gilgamesh, causing the same feelings with Lizzie as we saw before with Gillie.

5.22KB

Mimi was also having some fun along the way, so you lurking animal rights activists should keep a sock in it ok?

11.58KB

More later about this “oh so hot” and “oh so fine” smooth lovin’.

Gillie was granted a very nice location for the Capitol FJ. He decided to settle on the spot as it was on a river and has some BG as well. He noticed the cow and wheat beyond the first nine later, but the Sumerians are satisfied. Work began on a settler immediately. Also, research on Masonry was started as a Great library prebuild is needed. Yeah that’s right. Gillie is the man with a plan!
The Location:

24.71KB

Lizzie was a tiny bit less fortunate as there were no bonus resources nearby. Lizzie settled on the spot as well. WoE is located on the sea and on a river, with Ivory close. She began work on a curragh and started an all out attack on writing; the first to reach that will be the first to reach Philo. She thinks. Off course she needs writing for literature as well, to send to Gillie. WoE’s growth potential is a lot lower then FJ’s so it could very well be that Gillie will have to go for Philo while Lizzie does Lit, which is far less urgent as the prebuild in Sumeria will not be done for quite some years now. Lizzie and Gillie agreed to let Gillie save some cash after Masonry to let him do Philo at Max-science.
Lizzie’s start:

24.3KB

Mimi’s hard work has also provided a GPS-type of Mapmaking as minimaps from both nations can be combined to show the true path between WoE and FJ:[]

3.32KB

(I paintshopped both maps in to one, spank me if that is not allowed)

Agreement was reached quickly that our world is probably a symmetric one. Meaning we can use our own mapmaking skills to research the map. The player Located north of our lands is very likely not Stapel, as this would mean a counterclockwise positioning of the players on the map starting in the upper right corner. Also, it is probably not Killer, though more possible then Stapel, as player one then should be bottom left, then clockwise to player 3 above me. Not likely. Most mapmakers start upper left. Let us guess Stapel is there. Then, as we are bottom right, Beam probably worked from left to right, so Akots is north of us, then he placed Killer bottom left, and finally use bottom right. More likely, but chances are too high we are wrong here.
What matters more is that the player north of me is a far more important opponent then the others. First, he is closer, meaning more imminent danger and more production once we have conquered it. I will attempt to land units there as soon as possible.

Old 13-10-2004, 23:57   #2
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Keep on guessing dude! I like it
Old 15-10-2004, 00:04   #3
Grille

what is the air-speed velocity of unladen Mimi?
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2004, 09:38   #4
Banzai

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Grille

what is the air-speed velocity of unladen Mimi?
Mimi? You mean Swallow!
http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/
Old 15-10-2004, 10:28   #5
Aggie
Emperor

You are crazy
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2004, 12:41   #6
Pastorius
Custard used tile

This spoiler is the bestest spoiler.Ever
Old 06-02-2005, 19:46   #7
Kingreno

This game is slow.

The map however is great and it is a true shame that we cannot keep the pace going. We manage a turn every 2-3 days at most and that is not the way to get into a game.

However, that does NOT mean the neverending lovestory between Gil and Liz is over. It ain't neverending for nothing!

As turns passed by it finaly happened. Lizzie and gillie met

12.57KB

Months of rough and timeless sex followed but as it happens so often they got bored as only great leaders can get bored. Also, with Liz in Gillies house, the situation in England kind'a deteriorated. Ooops. Queen away and we cannot seem to kill one barb warrior anymore.

This Mofo killed 2 warriors and my lone worker...

60.7KB

Both cities have a granary and a third city will be found on the Ivory as I need a lux. there is a new worker due in WoM in 2 turns. The barb retreated to the hill in the interturn. It will die soon, I hope.
Research is on Literature for one reason alone. And that reason is in Sumeria.

83.56KB

A LOT better then England PJ has a setler every 4 turns. I took a rather big risk by making my second potential setler fac a palaceprebuilder, but if it works I think we all agree that is a mighty fine move.
For answering why Sumeria is so much bigger then England, let me inform you of the World maps of the two nations:

Sumeria:

3.23KB

England:

6.27KB

England met 6 out of 7. sumeria knows England and waits to be found by the others.

As statistics are also important,

F11 for Sumeria.

15.59KB

And England:

17.09KB

Need less to say that the Sumerian stats are great, englands could have been better were it not for a lost worker, and a pillaged Mine.

I think diplo will still decide 90% of the games outcome but with the Lib hopefully mine I am sure someone won;t mind allying with me. Imagine 2 nations, that is 4 civs!, on full Tax in republic.

Next update hopefully soon...

Old 06-02-2005, 20:35   #8
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Looks great KR (as usual). Any clue how the others are doing?

Pity the game is moving slow, how come?
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00   #9
Kingreno

My opponents are all very much pre-occupied in winning the Philorace and I expect one player to win it anytime soon as well. I am mega backwards as I held off all trades. I did act nice however by telling all how I was very agreed in not going for philo and let them win the race, with a trade in mind for the future. I am not worried. Sumeria's stats show that I will get the GLib 99% certain.

If that succeeds I will pick a friend in the game to ally till the end and perhaps go space race. I think it will be Akots as he is the best player (well, at least I think so) and his Dromons are usefull (in a way my Man O war will be useful to him) in acquiring naval supremacy in this game. As said, two nations being able to turn OFF research for a very long time will be a rather powerfull alliance. If he wants to...

On the pace, I guess no-one is to blame directly but lets just say that it could be faster.

Old 01-04-2005, 00:27   #10
Kingreno

Yes yes, slow but steady!

We are nearing turn 70.

Basicly I was wrong in some ways. Akots was less good as I thought, and hoped, as he did not get Literature yet and build a temple in his Byzantine Capitol, for some reason. I talked to him and we agreed a Friendly treaty. This is by no means an all-out alliance, but we will not attack for the time to come and also inform the other player if we spot large fleets. We will also share "other news". Luxes will be traded if we see an opportunity arise.
Is this good? well...hrmpf...dunno. Killer and Stapel seem to be fully allied and that sux. This game was not made for 4vs2vs2 and I do not like it a lot. If they want they can wipe me and akots off the world and fight it out and there is only a tiny chance we would live if we did not ally, which we didn't. I built embassies in their capitols to make sure and I am right as they share research.
I am positive either me or Akots will see a landing soon and I have my bets on myself being the victim. So, to be honest, I see little hope but will defend vigourously. And, there is one trump up my sleeve:

Sumeria,

66.01KB

This is the strongest Civ in the game. Best Mili combined with highest MFG and Pop. City placement is very good and SH will go FP soon. As can be seen the Pyramids are due in 3! I will switch to the Great Library and I will get it 100% sure as no other civ is building any wonder atm and Palaces are 300 shields max. This should benefit my effort greatly.
The Sumerian Stats. Pretty good knowing that my second city started on the Great Library...

17KB

England,

54.04KB

England has the largest Navy and I am building cheap curraghs to counter invading galleys. I had severe Barb troubles and we are finaly starting to shape an empire. Barbs are still plenty and I am trying for a decent Navy/army/setler mix.
The stats for England are also okay, knowing the barb troubles and massive scouting they have done.

18.09KB

the English minimap to finish,

7.71KB