Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 19-12-2004, 22:07   #1
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Default Paali and Krys do the mediteranean: ancient style

Krys and I are going to play the Ancient Mediteranean mod by Thamis.

Krys wants to be the skinny Macedonians, and I am not fully decided on the enlightened Egyptians or the mighty Romans.

Trying to set up the mod right, so that no crashes occur, I am ready to go quite soon. I need to get some clue about the changes as well, since Krys has been reading up on it this whole week it seems []

I think this would be fun, my 3rd game of civ through PBEM.

edit: corrected speeling []
Old 19-12-2004, 22:35   #2
Socrates
Emperor

Yes I'll play as Macedon. But I just had a look at the reference sheet a little today. And I don't know the map too. I guess we'll use this thread for common knowledge. I hope it will be a grand epic !

Go Alex !!!
Old 20-12-2004, 17:09   #3
Socrates
Emperor

My starting position :

Image Insert:

No spoiler in any way, since we're using a real map, and Paali can just load a game with the Macedonians. I for one know where the Romans start. About rules, Paali, check the RBCiv rules, to see if that suits you : http://realmsbeyond.net/civ/etactics.html. Dastardly actions are allowed, but not exploits.

Another thing to add : This PBEM features a shady match between two concepts : politics vs philosophy. Paalikles is fond of Pericles, who ruled the Athenian democracy during the 5th century BC, and was surely tempted by more power, even though this was a "democratic" experiment. I'm more in the philosophical part, worshipping Socrates (hence my avatar) ; I know a little of him, but not enough, though I feel he had something Good in him. This game gives me the will to start some reading, and I'm about to start reading a book called "Apologie de Socrate + Criton" (in French) by Plato. I hope Socrates will kick Pericles's butt big time.
Old 20-12-2004, 22:26   #4
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Photoshopped a bit []

Caesar Paalikles's start
Old 21-12-2004, 01:02   #5
Socrates
Emperor

Mmmmh, weird image quality... Also I wonder why you deleted some parts of it... BTW, you're welcome to replay your 1st turn. But please don't wait for long, the Swimming Pool is becoming a sleepy swamp, and the Diplo game is about to die.
Old 21-12-2004, 13:32   #6
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Sorry about the crappy resolution. I used a crappy app to take the screenshot, then transformed it and edited out some info. Although my start was equal to yours in terms of 5.5.0 and 20gold etc.

I feel a bit like cheating if I replay, so I wont after all. I had an email prepared for you with save yesterday, but watched LOTR, so I didnt send it. Sending now though.

re: rbciv rules. I like them, but I have to read them through when I get home from work. Then I ll accept.
Old 21-12-2004, 14:33   #7
Socrates
Emperor

Paali, I told you it was OK to replay the turn, after all this new graphic mod needs a little time to tame. If you mistook that lake with something else, that's fine with me, just replay the turn. I'll refrain from playing until you send me the replayed turn. I don't want to kill you in 7500BC.

About the deleted parts, yes that's the same as me, but : you can use MS Paint too, like me !!!

Abour rules : OK, though some are obsolete for C3C, and for such a mod, but some aren't. We can also detail PBEM rules after that.

Watched LOTR ? Bah, after watching the 1st one half-sleepy, I didn't want to watch any more of them.

OH, a hint : it seems warriors can't go through mountains in this mod... I found out while playing a dozen dumb turns as Rome this week.
Old 21-12-2004, 21:42   #8
Ginger_Ale
Prince

Good luck to ... both of you.
Ginger_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2004, 22:38   #9
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Macedonia and Socrates don't mix well together IMO. You'll probably have a bloody mary or molotovs' over there. All I know about this mod, except some basic things, is that it is a bit tough to play on higher difficulties. But prior map knowledge is helpful.

Keep the lurkers spoiled please!
Old 21-12-2004, 23:20   #10
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

Macedonia and Socrates don't mix well together IMO.
Yeah... but where do you fit Socrates in then ? There is no Classical Greece or Athens in this mod ! And BTW Paalikles is Ceasar Paalikles of Rome in this game, but he is supposed to represent Pericles, where do you fit that in ?

We're playing on Monarch, not that tough, but we don't really know the map (well, I really don't).