Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 18-08-2004, 09:33   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

Your boss is probably very happy with you Aggie, finally back at work and leaving immediately for a holiday But it's good to know that things are catching up for you again! Have fun in australia, and I hope we'll see you here at CDZ at least now and then.
Old 18-08-2004, 09:43   #12
Aggie
Emperor

The very first day I returned to work I told that I would be going to Australia if it would be OK. Luckily they said that I could go. I'm trying to fight the feeling of guilt. One of my bad traits. This feeling of responsibility is one of the triggers for the burn out... And the company knows it.
Old 18-08-2004, 10:28   #13
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well, you still got the right for a decent holiday. You've been ill, that's no holiday.
If your company has a decent P&O system they know that as well. My guess is that they're really thrilled that you're not getting into the WAO, since that'd cost them a fortune. And if they're a good employer, they're also glad that you're back, as a person. So it's a win-win situation, in fact.
Old 18-08-2004, 11:32   #14
yndy
Prince

What's a WAO?

I'd have some other things to comment about but I'd rather not complain. Glad you're feeling better Aggie.
Old 18-08-2004, 23:48   #15
microbe

Maybe you can try something like one SG at a time, just for relax!
Old 19-08-2004, 06:34   #16
Aggie
Emperor

microbe, I'd better not. Despite the great idea you have with the berzerks. I think it would be good for me to totally switch my attention to something else.

@yndy: WAO is a law for people unfit to work (any work) for a long period. The employer has to pay a penalty when someone gets in the WAO. My absence was too short for this.
Old 28-10-2004, 20:14   #17
Aggie
Emperor

Finally back in full swing! I got a new appointment at my work, under my conditions.

At the start they were a bit hesitant to give me more responsibility or a more critical assignment. Understandable, but in the end I like a challenging job. They understood that soon enough and now I am building my own new team, to support the biggest bank-to-bank transaction system of our client. An area in which I have 5 years of experience, but which I abandonned at one point when nothing exciting was happening there anymore. Now they have rediscovered it and soon all bank-to-bank traffic of the client will go through our system! It has nothing to do with bestshore locations in India I have very motivated colleagues and that really does give me energy as well.

I'm very confident that this is the right way for me to proceed, even when it means staying at this company. But with a decent salary and an absurd number of holidays I can't complain. I can always look for another job at another time. No rush there.

I still won't start any new CIV3 games (unless things get patched), though I might want to start another game through CDZ...
Old 28-10-2004, 21:14   #18
Plux
King

Congrats Aggie! Good for you!

Coincidentally, I got sorta sacked today from my current job, although I did ignited it myself. Not terrible tho, coz I was supposed to go look for smth better/ higher level anyway..