Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Matrix' forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2014, 11:09   #1
Matrix
Administrator

Default Crusader Kings II

I started as count of Suomi, which corresponds to the contemporary region of Varsinais-Suomi. The first ruler ended as High Chief of Finland, the second as King of Suomi and some five rulers later I owned the Empire of Scandinavia, which I subsequently renamed to Greater Finland and later just Finland.

It's now 1236 AD, a few years after I suddenly had a causus belli on the whole Byzantine Empire! I have no idea where that came from, but I took the opportunity, loaded all my military power in ships, more than 70,000 soldiers, sailed through the Mediterranean Sea and dropped them right on Constantinople. Slashed all the holdings and the war was at 100% for me before the Byzantine emperor blinked. But now I have work to do.
- I want to destroy the title of the Byzantine Empire to secure that all the land remains under the same ruler after death. I can only do that by changing its succession from gavelkind to something else, and in order to do that all my vassals need to be positive towards me. That is a problem, because
- there are *eleven* kingdoms missing and creating each of those costs me 200 gold. So I need to muster up 2200 gold to get rid of the countless number of duchy vassals I have now.
- It was probably so easy to win the battle against the Byzantines, because he was too busy fighting the Mongol Horde. That's my task now.

But all in all, the word "Finland" is in bloody huge letters now. Mannerheim can be proud of me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FinlandGrowing.jpg (120.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg FinlandGrowingMore.jpg (361.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg GreaterFinland.jpg (121.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Finland.jpg (585.1 KB, 10 views)