Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Other Other Games
Home

Old 05-08-2006, 23:04   #31
tofra

haha! Your are not expecting that we are better then the HT buddies?? Or do you???
tofra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 22:38   #32
Robboo
King

hey BC.. I see you are trying to be last in another game....

16-2 Did you field a team or was that a bunch of girl scouts.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 23:38   #33
Melifluous
Administrator

Quote:
quote:In the year 2032 the last of the oil reserves have been depleted. The world's top engineers have been looking for a feasible alternative in vain for decades. A major Wall street crash is just the starting point of the <s>nearing</s> near end of the human race. In the year 2048 only a few major cities have been able to survive the rebellions that have terrorized the world in the last 16 years. With limited energy supplies, most people in the city states are living on the streets and are a pest to the diminishing nobility, who <s>life</s>live in the skyscrapers, far away from the commoners, thieves and the incurable ill. To divert the people's attention from their misery, the nobility <s>has</s> have created entertainment for the people:

FASTBALL

The toughest men and women on the planet compete <s>on</s> for <s>live</s> life and death. Fastball is the commoners only <s>change</s>chance <s>off</s> of glory in a hopeless world. For the nobility it has become an interesting source of income.

As part of the nobility, you will manage your own Fastball team. Recruit the vilest of the vile to do some serious damage and earn some bucks by selling that on a t-shirt.

BEWARE OF THE BALL
Not a criticism, just an English version of your excellent intro.

Added to Tubby's comments, but bless him he's only American and speak English worse than the French

Good luck in all you do and I will sign up and stuff when I get back to work tomorrow

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 23:42   #34
Melifluous
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tofra

And for the technical users here: it's done by using ajax-technology
Isn't that the new asynchronous Java technology that Google will be bringing in shortly?

How are the bandwidth costs? I think it's sneaky to use a users bandwidth kinda without permission but that Ajax stuff looks damn fine.

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 00:46   #35
tofra

Thanks Melifuous! I've change the text.

This is what w3c says about ajax:
Quote:
quote:
AJAX is an acronym for Asynchronous JavaScript And XML.&gt;

AJAX is not a new programming language, but simply a new technique for creating better, faster, and more interactive web applications.

AJAX uses JavaScript to send and receive data between a web browser and a web server.

The AJAX technique makes web pages more responsive by exchanging data with the web server behind the scenes, instead of reloading an entire web page each time a user makes a change.
And HT already uses ajax (and probably a lot of other websites).. A simple example are your messages on the top (if you are a supporter) and the number of online users.. This will be updated even if you aren't doing anything on the page.
And bandwidth isn't a problem yet.. I've 1MB up, so I think we would be ok until we have about 1000 players.. Also i'm trying to be as efficient as possible regarding traffic (and server activity, like DB transactions)..
Old 07-08-2006, 13:03   #36
Tubby Rower

when does training take place? Do fewer players for each trainer increase the effect for each player?

Old 07-08-2006, 13:21   #37
tofra

Training takes place on friday at 01:30h. Fewer players doesn't affect the trainingintensity. We are going to make little green and red arrows if there is an in/decreasement in skill. Right now for everybody, but when we are going live, this will be for supporters only...

And if somebody would like to make a program a-la Hattrick Organizer, I would like to work with him to create that! :-)
Old 16-08-2006, 19:38   #38
Tubby Rower

I have a player up for bid..

Quote:
quote:
Code:
Kas Demeuleneire   € 30000   

Belongs to: Tubby Smashers	Stamina:	wretched (2)	Leadership:	poor (3)
OSS: 2246			Strength:	weak (4)	Charisma:	passable (6)
Deadline: 17-08-2006 18:15	Dexterity:	weak (4)	Personality:	outstanding (10)
				Throwing:	weak (4)	Keeper:	disastrous (1)

Also I've played 3 games so far and no income. I might give up on this since theirs only places to spend money and no opportunity for income.
Old 17-08-2006, 08:28   #39
Energy
Chieftain

Hi Tubby, We'll put the income part on when Tom's back from vacation. It's indeed a crucial part which needs testing. Every game needs a good balance between income and expenditures to become playable. I've played loads of games where this balance was gone and money became worthless or rare. (eg Diablo, KoC) and then the fun is quickly gone. A game like this needs a good balance between the fixed costs (like salaries) and "fixed" income like entree fees. In my opinion, to make it fun, even teams who are loosing games, should still be able to make progress by making some money and buy better players. In that way, everybody sees progress and they will hopefully stick around longer.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 13:05   #40
yndy
Prince

Hi,finally logged on to my team and set up the default line-up. I hope I can win some games.
My comments so far:
- aren't part of the players supposed to die or at least be crippled? Is this not turned on yet? This could be your major differentiator and could work. Violence sells.
- the denominations are too hattrick-like. To be able to get this one out of beta, you need to get rid of those and find some new ones, I'm sure it's possible, but a hattrick clone might pose legal problems for you. The way players abilities are written is also very hattrick-like.
- Don't make it too complicated from the beginning, it's good you have not activated some attributes, but please explain how the others are supposed to function; what does a midfielder or defender need?