Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Romeo's Random Ramblings
Home

Old 06-02-2007, 04:56   #11
barbu1977
Emperor

Good to see this is still going.
Old 10-03-2007, 23:10   #12
romeothemonk
King

Another update. Checking in the demographics, I am no longer #2 in troops, so the bad guys may start getting frisky soon. Good news is that I am now #2 in production, giving us a 1-2 punch in production, and still a quite healthy 1,3 in GDP. Both opponents together finally passed me in GDP. I can only assume that they are doing a mass city/cottage spam. That might not matter anyway, as I am dropping a city as often as I can get a settler pushed out, which is ~7 turns, and I have 5 locations picked out.
Matyas is running interference and wonder pigging for us, which is so far pretty dang good, as we are still pitching a wonder shutout.

And a screenie.

94.38KB
Old 19-03-2007, 03:25   #13
romeothemonk
King

sz came up with a great plan of racing to control the seas. Kind of odd for Napoleon, but we will take it. He made contact with a wondering work boat probably 3 turns ago. To quote history, "Enemy sited, sank same."
Anyway here is an updated screenie. As far as I can figure they rushed for Beaurocracy and are pushing for liberalism. Their tech plan doesn't seem very comprehensive though.

69.9KB
Old 22-04-2007, 23:48   #14
romeothemonk
King

The game has slowed down some now, but Matt and I are just chugging along.
They are now up construction and possibly engineering on us, and that is it.
We are both Beaurocrats now. They went to Beauro early, which gave a false type reading on the power scale and demo pages. Matt also popped me a scientist, and we can research techs in 1 turn. (HBR and Calender fell this way, with construction on tap)
We circumnavigated the globe, with Matt's caravels dueling with some of robboos galleys. By shear numbers, robboo won. We have fallen back and started building some defense as they threatened to destroy us. They best unit they could have is maces, but Praets are more likely. We are building maces, well I built 1 and Matt is building several more, and we are detouring to engineering to give us better mobility. His aggresive trait makes maces really chew up praets, if they come over.
We are also building some navy to intercept on the high seas. Actually, once again this is mostly Matt, as my limited production (which is still 2nd in the demo screen) is still on economic infra. We are not deviating from the plan of destroying them economically first, and militarily as just a clean up action.
We also have education on them, and can research liberalism at any time, with their acquisition of education as the key.

Comments? questions? Criticisms?