Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 15-10-2008, 19:26   #81
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
... KC, drop the criminal back to the European dock, buy a LJ and ship the 100 tools and the lumberjack to Shabbaville. ...
I would not do that as I wrote in an earlier post, seems that you got yourself confused over the lumber. Criminal is free and is as good as anything else for the current situation.

I think we would need to go with Darkness's plan of building a fish city and farming for pioneers. The land is not very abundant and has to be grabbed, otherwise we will play the whole game with just 2 cities.

Also, Monte can be whipped out of existence, he has only two cities with a handful of warriors (no more than 10 total).
Old 15-10-2008, 19:53   #82
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Hmm, actually, we don't need a lumberjack in Shabbatown. You were confused since we don't chop 1 lumber, we just get a net increase of 1 lumber per turn there since more is chopped than used by a carpenter there. So, if we get an expert lumberjack, we would be generating excess lumber. We can ship it somewhere sometimes later, but not really right now right away.

With tools, we can rush galleon, no big deal here. Also, we need another city soon.
You seem to forget that if you want to rush, you either need to have the lumber or you have to buy it. We most certainly need lumber, either way!!

Quote:
You realize, this is about 30-35 turns just to bring anyone there and then same 35 turns to bring back unless there are better ships and even then, it will take too long to actually make any sense. By this time, in 100 turns, the game can be over.
What does this have to do with talking to chiefs????????

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 20:14   #83
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
I would not do that as I wrote in an earlier post, seems that you got yourself confused over the lumber. Criminal is free and is as good as anything else for the current situation.
No, I am not confused.

We need to buy the lumber (more expensive than purchasing in Europe) AND we need to pay for converting lumber into production (afaik always 6 gold per converted lumber), and for tools (also more expensive) if we lack them. A lumberjack adds 7 more lumber. Lumber costs 4 in Europe and more in the colonies. We thus save 28 to ?36? gold each turns. I guess that pays off at some time.

Quote:
I think we would need to go with Darkness's plan of building a fish city and farming for pioneers. The land is not very abundant and has to be grabbed, otherwise we will play the whole game with just 2 cities.
Yeah that too. But we really need a galleon to do whatever we want.

Quote:
Also, Monte can be whipped out of existence, he has only two cities with a handful of warriors (no more than 10 total).
Pushing him out with culture might be easier. Not sure though.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 22:23   #84
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Hmm, actually, we don't need a lumberjack in Shabbatown. You were confused since we don't chop 1 lumber, we just get a net increase of 1 lumber per turn there since more is chopped than used by a carpenter there. So, if we get an expert lumberjack, we would be generating excess lumber. We can ship it somewhere sometimes later, but not really right now right away.

With tools, we can rush galleon, no big deal here. Also, we need another city soon.
But when we get an expert lumberjack we can make a 2nd carpenter out of the original lumberjack and build stuff quicker
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 22:38   #85
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:

I thought Darkness was opposed to my fishermencity suggestion or has there been another plan I missed?

Also trading with the indians is quite lucrative in the beginning so we should definitely pick up the money from Monte before we kill him.

PLaying a few games I found that the all the villages from one tribe share the same funds like a normal Civ4 civ. So you can easily clean out a tribe's coffers by trading the first requested trade goods (usually trade goods/horses/tools) to a few villages and so prevent trading the guns/cigars/rum they usually ask after that.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 22:48   #86
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPain View Post
I thought Darkness was opposed to my fishermencity suggestion or has there been another plan I missed?
I am indeed opposed to that plan...

Quote:
Also trading with the indians is quite lucrative in the beginning so we should definitely pick up the money from Monte before we kill him.
I totally agree. Bleed 'em dry financially before killing him.
Old 16-10-2008, 01:23   #87
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
But when we get an expert lumberjack we can make a 2nd carpenter out of the original lumberjack and build stuff quicker
Ok, this makes sense.
Old 16-10-2008, 01:24   #88
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
... We need to buy the lumber (more expensive than purchasing in Europe) AND we need to pay for converting lumber into production (afaik always 6 gold per converted lumber), and for tools (also more expensive) if we lack them. A lumberjack adds 7 more lumber. Lumber costs 4 in Europe and more in the colonies. We thus save 28 to ?36? gold each turns. I guess that pays off at some time. ...
Ok, got that. I had no idea about total amount of lumber we need. Is it 300 for a 300 hammer unit?
Old 16-10-2008, 01:25   #89
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
... So you can easily clean out a tribe's coffers by trading the first requested trade goods (usually trade goods/horses/tools) to a few villages and so prevent trading the guns/cigars/rum they usually ask after that.
Is wagon needed for that?
Old 16-10-2008, 11:11   #90
Darkness

Quote:
Is wagon needed for that?
If the village is on the coast you can also trade by ship...