Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 14-07-2005, 23:35   #81
romeothemonk
King

Any updates guys? I have only gotten turn 1 at my house.
Old 15-07-2005, 09:21   #82
bed_head7

Perhaps your e-mail address was incorrectly entered into the Turn Tracker. I have played four turns so far.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2005, 01:53   #83
bed_head7

82.2KB
Old 26-07-2005, 17:54   #84
romeothemonk
King

2nd city on top of the gold hill? Go for tight build and uber city center commerce? I really don't see any other good spots to the left.
We could settle on the sugar plant and nab 1 fish and 2 whales, then work the gold hill. That will give us CxxC spacing, but essentially waste a BG. Is it better to waste a BG or 2 whales that need an expansion?
Since our capitol will be on pump mode till the end of the forseeable future, I like the gold hill best as we will not be stealing production until later, probably mid to late MA, at that time we can move our city, as I imagine that this second city will have a rax and not much else for a long time.
Old 26-07-2005, 18:16   #85
grahamiam
Emperor

while it's a bit early in the exploration phase to choose a 2nd site, I agree that the gold hill looks good.

we agreed earlier that we need the 2nd city to be our military machine, so it must have a high shield output. right now, on the gold hill, i count 4 BG's (2 reg BG's, 1 sugar, 1 wine) within the expanded radii, giving us 9spt before corruption at size 4. At size 6, we can get 2 to 3 more spt without working the cow.

If we settle on the sugar, we will be at 7spt at size 4 (2BG's and 2 whales) and can add 2 to 3 more spt at size 6.

Based on the above, the gold hill is better.

Now, we need to decide where to send the warrior. My preference would be to circle around the capitol, heading N, N, E to the hill for the next 3 turns.

grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2005, 18:27   #86
romeothemonk
King

I concur with Grahamiam. Location and movement.
After lurking many different spoilers, I think our best bet is to make sure that the buildings we build include the following:
Granaries, Rax, Markets and Libs, probably in that order. As a nonreligious civ, I see no need for temples.
Libs in our capitol and then 2nd city would be huge due to the river, gold hill, and commercial bonus. Things are looking up for us.
Old 27-07-2005, 01:10   #87
bed_head7

Oh, I never posted my thoughts! Oops. I had almost forgotten to post the picture and did so as I was leaving, but I don't think I had anything to add to what has already been said, or any disagreements. So will go full steam ahead.
Old 06-08-2005, 00:07   #88
grahamiam
Emperor

i opened the save and see warrior is 4t nw of capitol. next move was to hill? if so, lets go 2 more tilee, then se towards the river. we need the warrior to stay close to home in case of visitors. i would suggest that after reaching the bend in the river, he comes back home and does MP duty.

72.39KB
Old 19-08-2005, 16:37   #89
grahamiam
Emperor

turn 13 came in last night and I didn't have a chance to play. usually, JD plays it pretty fast (within minutes), but I'm not sure if something happened last night or this weekend. I'll play it once I get home if he doesn't pick it up, but that'll be 5 or 6 hrs from now.
Old 19-08-2005, 16:53   #90
romeothemonk
King

I was letting JD play the first 20. I can play at lunchtime here, ( 4 hrs noon MT time on Fri).