Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 21-01-2005, 11:59   #71
Schip

same tactics here. My reasoning was that I'm training these guys for 40 weeks on average. Might as well put in some effort in raising there passing skill in the off season. I do have one trainee to much now, but I cannot decide on who to fire.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2005, 19:44   #72
Dell19
King

After the end of season money was received I decided to go to the most normal debt you can have normally so that I could get a solid keeper for £66k with a reasonable TSI. Hopefully this will help my defence slightly.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 17:49   #73
Dell19
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
And then what? Then you have no TS and your team loses horribly in the league, your supporters get pissed off and walk away? For what, a vanity in in the cup?
Heres my thought process:

The cup game is only realistically winnable if I MOTS since this should give me an edge in the midfield. In the league game Sutton Reds train playmaking so I will lose out on the midfield whatever I do and so normal with pressing might be my best hope relying on my better strike force to do the business. The following league game I can PIC at home and should still win. If I do get to the next round of the cup then I will probably PIC that game as well.

Basically the idea is that I feel this is the more winnable game and that TS would at least partially recover by the time I reach the third game of the season. You are probably right but I've managed to convince myself so we will just have to see what happens. If I do still lose in the cup then it will probably indicate that you were right.

Any comments since the game starts in 4 hours rather than now?
Old 01-02-2005, 18:04   #74
Kemal

Well, if you do not mots the game now, and still pic the game you said you were going to pic anyway, that means that for the rest of the season you'll be playing with a higher TS = better midfield, plus the fact that you'll have more TS to fall back on later in the season to possibly Mots a more important league game, and still have somewhat of a TS left for later games.

So I'd say that, unless you are more or less certain you win the cup game with mots, pic it and profit from the higher TS in your league, especially if you think the season might be a difficult one.
Old 01-02-2005, 18:30   #75
Dell19
King

The league is made up of quite a few active teams.

Sutton Reds are the top side and should win the division although if they dropped points then I might be able to win the division on the last week by MOTSing at home and winning somehow.

Bedwardios and the team who doesn't train but have a team similar to my current team, not sure who benefitted the most over the offseason, so the games should be close but I play him in the middle of the season so I could MOTS, PIC, PIC, MOTS with the two MOTSs being against Bedwardios.

Power House came third but they didn't really deserve to in the end. Bedwardios should have been second with me third and Power House fourth. The indication is that this will not change so its a non PIC game but should still be winnable.

R13 the other good team that might provide a challenge but I play them at home first so hopefully by the away game I should be able to win both.

The other 2 active teams. They are both new and neither have upgraded their coaches so they may be okay sides but they shouldn't be outstanding.

The main variable is whether my trainee scorers convert chances this season. At the end of last season we drew 3-3 away with Power House after missing 4 chances which was disappointing. If that continues then clearly our expectations have to be lowered.

I'm moderately confident that I can win the cup game with MOTS. The team I am playing missed out on promotion from a competitive league so they probably will not MOTS the game and they should be beatable bearing in mind that my current team hasn't got an accurate home rating to refer to after several transfers at the end of the season.
Old 01-02-2005, 21:50   #76
Dell19
King

Wartham United - Bungalow FC (45 minutes played) 3 - 2
45 minutes: 3 - 2 was the half-time score. Wartham, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

Last season I routinely lost 5-7% in the second half because of stamina. Looks like being a very close game, we've hit the crossbar from a freekick as the only nonconverted chance.
Old 01-02-2005, 22:36   #77
Dell19
King

Looks like Shabba was right. 3-3 then an injury to my top IM and then they took the lead.
Old 01-02-2005, 22:51   #78
Dell19
King

4-5 the final score with a questionable penalty winning the game and the substituted player being the worst player for Wartham.
Old 01-02-2005, 22:53   #79
Shabbaman
Administrator

A real pity. You got pretty close though.
Old 01-02-2005, 22:54   #80
Kemal

Bad luck Dell, you could as easily have won it, especially with 2 of their goals coming from special events as well..