Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 21-07-2006, 10:55   #51
Kingreno

I expect some form of attack today. Phonak realy is not good enough to keep the race closed all 200+ km, and this race is hillier then it looks!
Old 21-07-2006, 11:18   #52
socralynnek

Yeah, I guessall teams expect Caisse d'Epargne and Phonbak try to put their second best placed guy into the group (Rogers, Schleck and Boogerd)

BTw, Boogerd, I didn't understand what he did yesterday.
When Menschov attacked he rode at his side not in front of him and when Menschov fell back he didn't help him.

Is it more important for him coming into TOP 10 then helping his captain to maybe reach TOP 3? That was strange...
Old 21-07-2006, 11:42   #53
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

BTw, Boogerd, I didn't understand what he did yesterday.
When Menschov attacked he rode at his side not in front of him and when Menschov fell back he didn't help him.
Well, you saw (or you missed ) what happened when Boogerd rides in front of him: they ride too fast and he can't catch up. I think that Mentsjov likes to ride his own pace. When he failed at Alpe d'Huez Rasmussen was riding next to him as well.
And with that speed, what good does it do when someone rides in front of you? It's not really aerodynamical or something.

When Mentsjov fell back, Boogerd was let to ride his own pace. Rasmussen was still there to help him. What was the strange part of this decision is that Boogerd fell back together with Mentsjov and then went on on his own. It'd have made more sense if Boogerd just went on and Mentsjov fell back alone, or Rasmussen was sent forward.
Old 27-07-2006, 16:35   #54
Kingreno

OMG...Landis tests positive on testosteron!!! This will hurt the game for years to come...
Old 27-07-2006, 16:39   #55
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

OMG...Landis tests positive on testosteron!!! This will hurt the game for years to come...
IMVHO the game is dying... It is really a shame, but the drug incidents are casting a huge cloud of doubt and suspicion over the sport. Many people I know (and that really like the sport) don't follow it much anymore because they believe most (if not all) riders are doped.
Old 27-07-2006, 16:40   #56
grahamiam
Emperor

what an asshole
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 18:23   #57
Shabbaman
Administrator

Landis caught using testosterone. Guess after what stage? Indeed, to Morzine. Wanker.
Old 27-07-2006, 19:29   #58
Kingreno

Official Phonak press announcement says they deny all charges and claim an error. If the the contra-expertise is also psoitive however they will fire Landis! I'd be very very surprised if the other test suddenly says no doping usage.
American press claim that from his religious hardliner heritage he'd never use it. well. He also liked his beers after every stage no?

Old 27-07-2006, 19:57   #59
Socrates
Emperor

Another American rider who will hate France soon enough... I didn't watch the Tour this year : World Cup + big scandal was enough, and now we learn that secondary riders who became primary riders because of said scandal are also caught, hahaha !
Old 27-07-2006, 21:08   #60
Robboo
King

well this is simply amazing..just when you think the tour is clean and these guys wouldnt risk it..oh welll.

Think of it from his point of view(warped) hip is bad, could be his last race, might miss next year anyway, drug charge lasts 2 years, perfect take drugs, maybe I get passed the test... win tour. Get caught, sit out 2 years recover from hip..come back adn race.

I think life time bans are needed.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote