Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 28-02-2007, 19:46   #51
mauer
King

Well, I didn't actually join the game yet. Not sure how to get the IP. I told you all I'm a computer doofus. I ended that game already and gonna try and sort it out on another. I also PM'd ID to get his input on it.

EDIT: I'm about to start another game, but I don't see a setting to stop the AI from finishing their turn.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 19:59   #52
Robboo
King

hmmm.. ID can help you with the IP thing. One thing that you will have to find out is if you have a static IP address...again ID maybe able to help you with that. I can test play a turn on it after 430-5pm. it will only cost you a couple gallons of ice cream.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 20:12   #53
mauer
King

ok, got the IP part, and ID said I should start all seats as Human. So I can start the game, but does that mean that if no one takes all the civs then the unclaimed ones will be wandering around without settling their cities because of the turn timer. I was gonna do 18, but that might be a problem if that's the case. So should I just go 12 then?

Rob, you forgot that I eat all I can and sell the rest. No ice cream for you! (Ice cream nazi)
Old 28-02-2007, 20:42   #54
IglooDude

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mauer

ok, got the IP part, and ID said I should start all seats as Human. So I can start the game, but does that mean that if no one takes all the civs then the unclaimed ones will be wandering around without settling their cities because of the turn timer. I was gonna do 18, but that might be a problem if that's the case. So should I just go 12 then?
You can kick them to AI after the first turn (going back and forth between AI and human is pretty easy via pitboss), but it does mean that you have a half-dozen or so AI civs, which may or may not be desirable.

And you've adjusted your firewall to allow access to the pitboss server, right?
Old 28-02-2007, 20:43   #55
mauer
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IglooDude

Is it too late to sign up, btw? I'm not sure if I officially had already, or not.

Name... Mauer's Sandbox?
heck yeah you can join. Seriously guys, tell me how many slots I should open....
Old 28-02-2007, 20:44   #56
mauer
King

Quote:
quote:And you've adjusted your firewall to allow access to the pitboss server, right?
Hmm, if I manually have to do it...then no. How do I check?
Old 28-02-2007, 20:57   #57
IglooDude

Quote:

Quote:
quote:And you've adjusted your firewall to allow access to the pitboss server, right?
Hmm, if I manually have to do it...then no. How do I check?
First you need to log into your firewall. Usually that's opening a web browser and going to something like http://192.168.0.100/ and putting the login name and password in. Once you do that, here's a good summary of what needs doing:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...4&postcount=30
Old 28-02-2007, 22:20   #58
mauer
King

well, I did that, but I still can't connect to the game. Pitboss is running on the other computer, I just can't get to it on this one. So, I'm at a loss, any more suggestions?
Old 28-02-2007, 22:33   #59
IglooDude

Quote:

well, I did that, but I still can't connect to the game. Pitboss is running on the other computer, I just can't get to it on this one. So, I'm at a loss, any more suggestions?
The internal IP of the pitboss machine (i.e. the address you use to get into the game) is going to be different from the external IP (i.e. the address the rest of us use, that you found out via www.whatismyip.com).
Old 28-02-2007, 23:41   #60
mauer
King

Ok, I've got that one, and Simon tried it as well. It's just keeps saying "Connecting to Host". I went to www.whatismyip.com on both of my PC's and it came back the same number.