Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 30-06-2005, 18:21   #51
grahamiam
Emperor

dooh, sorry guys. hope I didn't cause any problems. Thanks digger!
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 19:25   #52
romeothemonk
King

Looks good. Please post lots of pics and such, and I will try to do likewise. This thread will be a handy place to pad our postcounts without random spam.
Please do send to my mattjake address. I am just saying you don't need to ask us if we care to move our settler, etc. I trust that you or JD can decide and perform admirably without my input. The more engineers on a project, the better chance of spectacular failure, but also the better chance of sucess.
Old 30-06-2005, 20:52   #53
bed_head7

Will be here all weekend. I will be spending far too much time on the computer for probably the next couple of weeks, at which point my schedule will probably be changing some.

One question about research plan, though. Are we really planning on building any spearmen so early that Bronze Working needs to be our second tech? That seems highly unlikely to me, even against human players. I figure we'll have some archers around to fight off an archer rush if it comes our way, but spearmen? How about we go for Wheel after Pottery, get ourselves an idea of where to settle for some horses, and then at that point look to see if we can trade for Bronze Working somehow. I don't know how much trading goes on in a PBEM, but I am guessing that they do happen on at least some level? I don't know, researching Bronze Working just feels so inappropriate after years of letting the AI race for it and then trading for it with a better tech. Plus, we have four scientific opponents, if I remember correctly, so it is a safe bet that a neighbor will start with Bronze Working.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 21:33   #54
grahamiam
Emperor

very good point ok, we go Pott then Wheel. Hopefully we find someone by then.

In an 8 player, in order to survive for a while, I fully recommend we enter a research agreement with a neighbor or 2. There is always the possibility of a backstab, but we will fall behind by a huge rate if we try to go it alone.
Old 30-06-2005, 21:34   #55
romeothemonk
King

Good call on the trading, but if we haven't met anyone to trade with yet, we should research it in the #2 hole.
Something to consider would be a warrior rush? Just wander over by their capitol or cities, so they can't go granary first. At least that might be a sneaky thing to do.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:21   #56
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bed_head7

Will be here all weekend. I will be spending far too much time on the computer for probably the next couple of weeks, at which point my schedule will probably be changing some.
Why don't you start this then? That way, you get some turns in before your schedule gets too busy. Right now, let's plan on a 20T cycle, that way everyone gets to play a good portion of the game. it's basically a demogame anyways, so we all have a say in what's going to happen.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:35   #57
bed_head7

Oh, I thought the whole point of this thing was that with turns going to three different people, the turns would be getting played quickly, by the first person to get to it. Of course, considering that we all live in the states, it isn't like we would be on at all that different hours. And my schedule isn't getting that busy, just not so empty.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:07   #58
grahamiam
Emperor

Well, if the current leader is out or unavailable, then yes, someone should pick it up. However, I think it's best for us to have some consistency by rotating leaders rather than having an archaic way of picking up each save.
With that in mind, lets set the rotation at BH, me, then Romeo/20T each.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:23   #59
bed_head7

Okay. I still think we shouldn't stick too rigorously to this though. Like, if I know that both of you are working for the next 6-8 hours and won't be playing, I may just go ahead and play it, if that is alright. And I would be fine with someone else doing the same with me. Depending on the map, MM may be obvious and there won't be any difference. Our styles won't matter, as there is only one way to play. Perhaps. We'll see once it all starts, I guess.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:22   #60
grahamiam
Emperor

ok, here's the start

too bad those food bonuses are on the plains

well, looks like the best we can do is +3fpt (irrigating wine plains does not give extra food).