Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ V
Home

Old 17-03-2011, 17:40   #51
Furiey
King

Tomb raider is considered to be bugged and those that have got it to have used a steam achievement hack on both CFC and the 2k forum.

I've got most of the Kahn ones still to get, the 1,000 of whatever apart from roads, the new polynesian ones (not got the DLC) as well as those 4 you mentioned. I need to know the map better to do the Mongol scenario at the high levels and can't face another deity game at the moment.
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 02:36   #52
killercane
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiey View Post
Tomb raider is considered to be bugged and those that have got it to have used a steam achievement hack on both CFC and the 2k forum.

I've got most of the Kahn ones still to get, the 1,000 of whatever apart from roads, the new polynesian ones (not got the DLC) as well as those 4 you mentioned. I need to know the map better to do the Mongol scenario at the high levels and can't face another deity game at the moment.
So there is a hack that fixes the bug and they havent fixed it yet officially? Last Man Standing is hard to get because people quit. I played MP when it first came out and the last guy quit on me and no achievement.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 09:13   #53
Furiey
King

It doesn't fix the bugs per se, it allows you to hack steam achievements. Any steam achievements in any game. Some people have been pretty obvious in its use, gaining the majority of the achievements at the same time, in this and other games. Some forums have banned members who they deemed to have used it - I found one forum that has done this while trying to search out the problems with tomb raider and that mentioned another. Using it would also be against the steam agreement, but I don't know if anyone has lost their account over this. Once I realised that some of the achievements had only been achieved with a hack I stopped trying to find how to make them work and just hope they fix them soon.
Old 18-03-2011, 09:26   #54
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercane View Post
Last Man Standing is hard to get because people quit. I played MP when it first came out and the last guy quit on me and no achievement.
You could just play a couple of games against someone you know.

For example, I could play a couple of duel size, quick speed pangea map games against Furiey. Each of us will propbably win at least once, and I'd say it's a safe bet that we both won't quit on each other 'cause we're losing...
Old 05-04-2011, 22:02   #55
Furiey
King

They've just added another batch of achievements, no names as yet, so I guess some new DLC will be out soon.

Darkness, yes, good idea about the multiplayer. Other things to do at the moment though so it'll be a while before I'm ready to give it go.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:15   #56
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiey View Post
They've just added another batch of achievements, no names as yet, so I guess some new DLC will be out soon.

Darkness, yes, good idea about the multiplayer. Other things to do at the moment though so it'll be a while before I'm ready to give it go.
I'm not in any rush. I'm playing RTW now anyway.

I wonder if Firaxis will follow the same route again? Another patch first, to get interest for the DLC up and then release the DLC a few days later.

I do hope they start fixing the broken content soon (removed achievements), because right now they've just removed it instead of fixing it, and that's a rather weak move, IMHO...
Old 06-04-2011, 09:56   #57
Furiey
King

The number they've added is the same as they have removed, so I suppose it is possible that they will add back the bugged ones as fixed rather than new ones for new DLC. I feel the DLC is more likely but I'm sure we'll see soon, they didn't get left with placeholder names for long last time.
Old 06-04-2011, 14:06   #58
Furiey
King

Looks like they are for the new DLC. The Korean distributor for Civ 5 has announced that Korea will be in the next DLC released.

If anyone can read Korean, here's the link. Look under the 뉴스 (news) section.
Old 27-04-2011, 22:50   #59
Furiey
King

The new Achievements have now been named for the Denmark (Viking) Civ & Senario DLC release.

Fetchez la Vache! - Build a Motte and Bailey improvement
This Was Their Finest Hour - Win the Scenario as Anglo-Saxon England
You The Conqueror - Win the Scenario on Emperor (Any Civ)
Surviving Ragnarok - Win the Scenario on Deity (Any Civ)
Purple People Eaters - Win the Scenario as Norway
Survivng Doomsday - Win the Scenario on Immortal (Any Civ)
Where's The Biathlon? - Enter a Snow tile with a Norweigan Ski Infantry
Hands Free to Victory - Win as Harald Bluetooth
Pillage, then burn - Pillage 9 farns on the same turn
Time to Stitch a Tapestry - Win the Scenario as Normandy (Any difficulty)
Odin's Chosen Warrior - Win the scenario as Denmark (Any Difficulty)

Last edited by Furiey; 27-04-2011 at 22:53.
Old 01-05-2011, 14:52   #60
Darkness

"Tomb Raider" has been fixed. I just got it conquering a modern age Egyptian city....