Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > Civ4 SGOTM 1
Home

Old 21-07-2006, 23:11   #531
socralynnek

How long would it take to build the Pentagon? Too long I guess without an Engineer.
So, yes a +2 civic would be nice. But either Vassalage or Theocracy is fine (if we agree on going for Judaism, which I don't prefer then Theo is better than OR)

Shabba, do you want to finish your turns, I could play tomorrow or on Sunday morning then (grahamiam is away over the weekend)?
Old 23-07-2006, 13:53   #532
socralynnek

So, if Shabba doesn't want to finish his turns (just post when you want to play on), I'll play later today.

Any more thoughts on civics etc?
Old 23-07-2006, 23:36   #533
socralynnek

I'll play in a few minutes...
Old 24-07-2006, 00:11   #534
socralynnek

Played my 5 turns:

1752 (1) - Switch to Vassalage.

1760 AD (5) - Roosevelt still doesn't have Assembly Line, so I think we can and should attack him next turn.

Old 24-07-2006, 01:50   #535
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

I lost track who is up atm, guess gram or sam?

Completed the PA testgame this weekend. In brief it is quite a lengthy procedure because you need to be in either / both (???) a defensive pact or common war to start a PA.

Standard map, normal speed, pelago and exaxtly the same civs as in our game. Cathy turned out to be the most likely candidate so efforts were focussed on that. This includes giving in to demands. As soon as PA's appeared on the trade table Cathies opinion was we hadn't been "long enough in a defensive pact or common war" imo the best indication a PA is likely. I would have to check the saves I made but iirc it took about 50 turns from the first defensive pact to the PA at normal game speed. At Epic this most likely will require more turns.

So imo domination can achieved faster the aggresive way from where we are now than by prepping for a PA.

Old 24-07-2006, 10:12   #536
Samson
Warlord

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

I lost track who is up atm, guess gram or sam?
Samson -> UP I guess
Beam -> On Deck
Shabbaman
grahamiam -> Skipped until today
socralynnek -> Just Played

I can play later today. If grahamiam want to take it he could post a got it before I do.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 13:20   #537
Samson
Warlord

Got it. Anyone any thoughts on techs? I guess we are going for full war so anything that helps with that would be good. Ther other option would be Mass media. I shall probably aim for radio.
Old 24-07-2006, 14:34   #538
Samson
Warlord

PFC – Upped reaserch to get flight in 1.

milatry available;
Inf: 13
cav: 13
Can: 9

Getting there.

IBT Flight > Electricity(8). CF Inf > Fighter. CC factory > coal plant. Medina Lib > Barracks.

1762 (1) – Extra milatry to arabia, Inf: 6
Do a bit of scouting, Washington has 3 Arty, 1 Cav and 5 rifles. Boston 1 Arty, 4 rifles. Seatle 3 rifles.
Gandhi has electricity (10090) to trade, does not have flight (11212), but he will not make the trade. I reduce reaserch to 0 and hope to buy electricity.

IBT – Theebs Inf > Fighter. SS Jail > fighter. Riverside Factroy > Coal plant. Beamsky Christian > Christian. Yaroslav Factroy > Coal plant. Vilcambra Lighthouse > Grannery. Cuzco Inf > fighter.

1764 (2) – Gandhi Gives electricity for Flight + 1140 gold. Change reaserch to Radio (11). Atlanta has 1 arty + 5 rifles. Chicago 3 rifles. New York has a Destroyer, 3 transports (loaded), 10 Cavs, 3 riflemen, 2 arty and a lot more units that I cannot see (I cannot see past the unloaded cavs, and he is sure to have a lot of rifles etc.) Good opportunity for a nuc (if we had them).

I have to get back to work now. I should be able to play again this evening. I was thinking about starting the war, but looking at New York I think we will need significant defence as well as our attack force, so I shall wait a bit.

As far as where to attack, I think the best way would be to take dammasucs (1 turn from our terotory) and then the other one near us so as to reduce the lenght of our front. Then go for washington if we are strong enough.

The other question is weather to go for radio (bombers and Mass media) or industrialism (tanks). I think radio.

Any thoughts wellcome before I play the next few turns.

Save is at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/ci....Civ4SavedGame if anyone wants a look at it. I should be able to play the rest of my turns this evening or tommorrow morning.

Turn 395, 1760 AD: You have discovered Flight!
Turn 395, 1760 AD: Clam Chowder celebrates "We Love the President Day"!!!

Turn 397, 1764 AD: You have discovered Electricity!
Old 24-07-2006, 17:03   #539
grahamiam
Emperor

We will be attacking rifles with infantry + cannon. I think we can take on America now. (and we have the added fighters). He'll probably keep at least 3 rifles per city, so I'd only worry about the excess cav's (and our inf should be able to take them out). It'll probably be a bit of back-and-forth for the first few turns, but we should be able to break thru with the fighters.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 19:22   #540
Samson
Warlord

I have just had a look at it, and Rosavelt and cyrus have a Defensive pact. So we shall need significant defence on our west as well as near america. Cyrus is pretty backward but has rifles/cavs/grenades. He is also pretty small. Not much of a threat, but we cannot leave all our core cities with just 1 axeman in them, esp. not on the coast facing Cyrus.

I shall have to spend a bit of time thinking and laying out our forces. I shall probably not get to this untill tommorrow lunchtime now.