Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > Civ4 SGOTM 1
Home

Old 17-07-2006, 16:29   #511
Samson
Warlord

I can probably get to this around 5pm BSt today. Any more instructions. I guess I should attack Washington ASAP.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2006, 23:37   #512
Samson
Warlord

Sorry, I have not been able to get to it tonight. I expect to be able to get to it tommorrow afternoon, but if I do not before 5-30 I am unlikely to be able until wednesday.
Old 18-07-2006, 13:03   #513
Samson
Warlord

Got it (as long as it loads).
Old 18-07-2006, 13:33   #514
Samson
Warlord

I am not going to play this afternoon, as I am quite unsure what to do.

In my opinion we are quite unprepared to attack america. We have a force of 4 infantry, 10 cavs and 5 cannon against americas mostly riflemen (and that is leaving 1 unit per city in arabia). I do not think this is enough to take many cities. We will not have any reinforcements for a good while as all cities are building factories (and then coal plants). Riflemen kill cavs (they get 25% against mounted units). You really need genaderers of Infantry against riflemen.

My choice of action would be to sit tight until our factories are built then go for war or perhaps just take the UN (we seem to be reaserching at a reasnoble rate). We are nearly 1/2 way through phisics, I would have saved up a bit of cash and bought physisc off gandi (+ steam power), and then got biology and some money back for railroad. But hey, not very important.

I may just be able to play late tonight but more likely tommorrow evening. If anyone thinks we should attack, then I would apperitiate being skipped, or post your thoughts.
Old 18-07-2006, 13:56   #515
grahamiam
Emperor

Play as you see it. If we need to build-up more troops or finish infrastructure, then let's do it
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 14:18   #516
Samson
Warlord

PFC - Moved a load of units to Najaran. Removed a few sepcalists.

IBT - Karrsan Theater > Courthouse. Basra Revolt > Courthouse, starves. Gandi completes Kremlin.

1718 (1) - Turn tech down to try and get communism for Steam power. Then we should be able to get biology for railroad.

IBT - CF Jewish Missonary > Factory. Riverside Jew > Jew.

1721 (2) Ganadi Communism for Steam power + 580.

IBT Theebs Factroy > Coal plant. Rostov Bank . Grocer. Cusco Factory > coal plant. Matcu Picu Frigate > Frigate. Anylyas (?) Courthoure . granery. Mecca Barracks > Cannon.

1724 (3) Gandi Biology + WM + 810 for Railroad.

IBT WB Infantry > Infantry. Riverside Jew > Barracks. Beamsky Christian > Christian. Ollantambo Lighthouse > Grannery.

1727 (4) Sorry, I forgot to do this log. Not a lot. I also forgot I was finishing this time, and ended my turn. So next turns start at start of 1730. [EDIT] I really do not know what is going on with my mind today. I blame the heat. It is 30+ degrees in the office today with the air con going full tilt. I was of course supposed to play this turn. Oh well, the next player gets an extra turn of fun.

I have fortified a few galleons on the mainland to arabia route, ready for when we are pumping units.

IBT Get Phisics.
Start on combustion (up for discusion).

Save at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/ci....Civ4SavedGame

Turn 375, 1715 AD: You have constructed a Theatre in Beamsk. Work has now begun on Christian Missionary.
Turn 375, 1715 AD: The borders of Khurasan have expanded!
Turn 375, 1715 AD: Gandhi has completed The Kremlin!

Turn 376, 1718 AD: Judaism has spread in Ynnekia.

Turn 377, 1721 AD: You have discovered Communism!
Turn 377, 1721 AD: The borders of Clam Chowder have expanded!

Turn 378, 1724 AD: You have discovered Biology!
Turn 378, 1724 AD: The borders of Medina have expanded!
Turn 378, 1724 AD: The borders of Basra have expanded!

Turn 379, 1727 AD: Judaism has spread in Rostov.
Turn 379, 1727 AD: You have discovered Physics!
Turn 379, 1727 AD: You have discovered a source of Uranium near Medina!
Turn 379, 1727 AD: You have discovered a source of Uranium near Yaroslavl'!
Turn 379, 1727 AD: You have discovered a source of Uranium near Vilcabamba!
Turn 379, 1727 AD: The borders of Huamanga have expanded!
Old 19-07-2006, 15:56   #517
Samson
Warlord

My thoughts on techs to reserch. I think we should go for flight. Having flight when the other does not means you can damage their units with zero chance of being hurt yourself. It would be about 13 turns away (6 for combustion and then 7 for flight). Also if they get flight while we are at war and we do not we can do nothing about their planes.

Other options are;

Bee line for mass media (so electricity, radio, MM). These are all high cost techs, but could mean we win soon after MM.
Artillary. Cheapish tech, allows upgrade of cannons. Not really worth it IMO.
Facism for the 25% on milatry units. Very cheap tech, but still not worth it IMO (the increase is only 12.5% in a city with forge, factroy and power).
Stop reaserch and buy units. I would like to get a few more techs (like flight) before we go for this option.
Old 19-07-2006, 16:24   #518
grahamiam
Emperor

let's go for flight. It will only take 2T to get the bombers in position after they are build, and with the damage they do, our infantry should be able to take down theirs.

Roster:
Samson -> Just Played
Beam -> UP (also up in Kemal's Emp. game )
Shabbaman -> On Deck
grahamiam
socralynnek

Final save due on August 8th (20 days)
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 17:33   #519
Samson
Warlord

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

let's go for flight. It will only take 2T to get the bombers in position after they are build, and with the damage they do, our infantry should be able to take down theirs.
Note that bombers require radio as well. We only get fighters with flight. If you have a load of them they are pretty powerfull.
Old 19-07-2006, 20:40   #520
socralynnek

Oh yeah, then I see something new...I have never had the need for planes in my games before...