Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 15-08-2003, 11:45   #41
Aggie
Emperor

Sky, my point exactly . I've had 5 games in the Industrial Age and in all of them it was obvious that research is more expensive than stealing, even if you fail one or twice. Twice I was on the receiving end (Jack Merchant, Killer) and three times I made use of it.

In this game I pulled an even bigger stunt: once in the IA, I researched Nationalism at 40% (got it in 10 turns) and stole two techs from OPD. This way I even had a (maybe) crucial tech lead over OPD.

In OPD's position, tech leader while only humans are on the planet, I would have declared war to avoid tech stealing...

But this tech stealing is almost impossible to ban you know. You could agree upon no tech stealing, but how to check it?

I am willing to make these kinds of deals out of trust with others.
Old 15-08-2003, 12:34   #42
Skyfish

Its possible to change in the editor : I will show you.
Old 15-08-2003, 13:21   #43
anarres
anarchist butcher

Just make them cost twice as much. Then they can still be used, but with increased costs...
Old 15-08-2003, 13:38   #44
ERIKK

errmmm anarres, you should not "spoil" in OPD's thread. If he is too stupid to forget that his enemy can have attilery too, dont give him any ideas IVHO...
Old 15-08-2003, 13:43   #45
Skyfish

anarres : exactly what I was thinking...

Old 15-08-2003, 14:54   #46
Aggie
Emperor

@all: look at the pic on page one were I explain that I was able to capture the artillery. An infantry unit is defending my city. OPD should know that I could have artillery myself.

Now what game should I play first tonight? I have three big ones: OPD, Jack Merchant and Cartouche Bee.
Old 15-08-2003, 15:48   #47
anarres
anarchist butcher

ERIKK and Aggie, here is the text that I posted in OPD's spoiler in response to OPD's post saying his arty had been stolen, so you can see for yourself:
Quote:
quote:Well, umm, he can have artillery too can't he?
ERIKK, I would say that even if I wasn't reading Aggie's spoiler! It's not giving any confidential info about Aggie at all - it is pointing out what may have happened. As it goes, I consider it a spoiler for Aggie not to have told him how many artillery fired on them - OPD should know how many guns fired, and so have a 'minimum amount' of artillery that Aggie has!! Grr...
Old 15-08-2003, 15:56   #48
jack merchant

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie
Now what game should I play first tonight? I have three big ones: OPD, Jack Merchant and Cartouche Bee.
Me, me, me !

Old 15-08-2003, 16:09   #49
ERIKK

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by anarres

ERIKK, I would say that even if I wasn't reading Aggie's spoiler! It's not giving any confidential info about Aggie at all - it is pointing out what may have happened. As it goes, I consider it a spoiler for Aggie not to have told him how many artillery fired on them - OPD should know how many guns fired, and so have a 'minimum amount' of artillery that Aggie has!! Grr...
Well, I know your opinion on that point... Do you know Aggie and OPD exchange battle reports? If they don't then OPD knows nothing about guns fired on him... Even so/though: it is saying something that may have happened, it still is a sort of a tip....

if this has been stated somewhere then I must have misread it, sorry then...
Old 15-08-2003, 16:19   #50
Aggie
Emperor

Guys, take it easy. Spoilers or not... it isn't a big deal here :

89.75KB

OPD left a bordertown undefended and ahd everything else railed and also undefended. So with 35 fast units I had an easy but long turn!