Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum > CDZ youth league
Home

Old 24-11-2007, 08:24   #41
yndy
Prince

Great player. I still have no clue on how the YA is working, I am training 5 defenders of which 3 are pretty high it seems but they may be inadequate only, as I can't really tell. Since the new rules, I switched my defender trainees to playmaking and hope I'll get some good double skilled. But they would also be turning 19 in less than one season. Hard to tell if I'm doing the right thing or not, to pull a double inadequate does not seem to be as good as a passable/weak or even a solid/poor.
Old 26-11-2007, 10:15   #42
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Great player. I still have no clue on how the YA is working, I am training 5 defenders of which 3 are pretty high it seems but they may be inadequate only, as I can't really tell. Since the new rules, I switched my defender trainees to playmaking and hope I'll get some good double skilled. But they would also be turning 19 in less than one season. Hard to tell if I'm doing the right thing or not, to pull a double inadequate does not seem to be as good as a passable/weak or even a solid/poor.
My strategy is going for one great player and sacrifice everything (other players) to improve his main skill until he promotes.

My initial luck was that my first star player was a defender, so I could train 4 other players as well. (edit However, in the end they are only inad or passable so I guess there's no extra money to be expected from those 4.

Now I have a passable 16 yo striker who could get to excellent according to the scout. With a little luck I will have an excellent 17 yo striker without subskills early next season. I guess it's better to have a player with one great skill (solid or excellent) than with two average kills (passable/inad or inad/inad)).

But while improving him I am neglecting a 17 yo inad keeper (6,5 stars at passable form), who still needs to spend 10 weeks in the academy before he can promote. I try to resolve this situation somewhat by having 'individual' as secondary training, but I doubt if this helps.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 12:55   #43
BCLG100
Deity

I popped a completly crap player that had 3 weak skills but seems that avergae price for him is like 100k...

so he's on the market if anyone wants him?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:15   #44
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

WTF! Like the system is not screwed enough! Today I've tried to promote a player and the engine said that "This player changed his priorities in life and is not longer playing in your squad." And he is just fucking gone! WTF! Not that is could have been a decent pull, may be maximum is weak high or barely inadequate scoring but still. WTF WTF WTF
Old 02-12-2007, 05:18   #45
sz_matyas

Was the player 19 yrs old? In that case you simply lose him. Otherwise that seems like a terrible deal.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:00   #46
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Actually, amazingly, after about an hour the guy finally changed his mind again and reappeared in the player list of the main team. He indeed was with inad scoring (no secondaries) and is currently being listed on transfer for 1K. Probably, he won't sell which is quite a pity. Apparently, this is some kind of a bug number 1000 in HT.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:44   #47
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

Actually, amazingly, after about an hour the guy finally changed his mind again and reappeared in the player list of the main team. He indeed was with inad scoring (no secondaries) and is currently being listed on transfer for 1K. Probably, he won't sell which is quite a pity. Apparently, this is some kind of a bug number 1000 in HT.
I like this bug, it pisses people off for no reason.
Old 02-12-2007, 17:02   #48
Robboo
King

mine did the same thing but it was more like 5 minutes before he appeared...travel time??

Maybe your guy had to call his mommy and tell her he got a real job.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 20:59   #49
BCLG100
Deity

my scout just got a prodigious talent!

17 as well so should be an early promotion next year.

anyone need a YA friendly?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 22:43   #50
Robboo
King

yeah me... :0

Team name? I challenge you unless you beat me to it. I wont log in till tomorrow.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote