Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 22-07-2003, 21:17   #41
prettyvacant

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Grille

Quote:
prettyvacant: I was thinking of Siouxsie And The Banshees, Sid played(?) the drums during their first (?) live gig.
i would have guessed that sid was already with the pistols at that point but I bow to your superior wisdom. you're right about one thing tho, he played drums as well as he played bass and sang.
prettyvacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2003, 14:26   #42
Melifluous
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jack merchant
Hehe, no, I was merely referring to the fact thati it is in fact possible to determine the air temperature by the frequency of a cricket's chirping
Now I cannot let that go without awarding the official "GEEK" award...

20.63KB

Congrats

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2003, 14:47   #43
Aggie
Emperor

Hmmm...Aggie. That's how I am called by my friends (they think Willem-Jan is too long), so it seemed only logical to choose it for surfing the internet. However, when I tried to register at Apolyton, it appeared that my name was already taken by someone with more than 1000 posts behind his name (he must be spamming the place . So there I'm called 'Ageling'. But I wonder if I ever posted there...
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2003, 16:12   #44
jack merchant

ROFLMAO at Melifluous.....I'm not a geek, I just have an excelllent memory for trivia !

And for the record, I picked up this little tidbit from a sample used in a track from Money Mark's (the Beastie Boys' DJ) solo album - which comes highly recommended btw
Old 25-07-2003, 02:07   #45
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

my name is in nahuatl (aztec) Ehecatl is the god of winds, or Quetzalcoatl manifesting his wind-controling powers, Atzin means little or holy water. So together they mean either The god of windy waters; rain, holy rain or little rain; depends on the mood
Oh, and that's my artistic name: on a trip to Mexico city with a couple of friends, we meet the local bohemian/eclectic circle over there, they decided my real name was unbefiting of my work as a painter, so they decided to baptise me with an aztec name... they thru me drunk and naked into a tub of beer and christened me Ehecatl Atzin.... I've never looked back
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2003, 09:49   #46
Eldakkar

Eldakkar is the name of a tribe in a computer game that I am/was strangely fascinated with. It's quite old and called Warlords II.
I suppose most strategy game fans have heard of it.

I have the habit of choosing a name that pops into my mind at the time of choosing so it doesn't make ANY sense.

My cfc name is from the same game as well btw : Oinland
Eldakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 14:36   #47
Black_Waltz

My name seems very boring compared to your well thought out names. *sniffs*

Black Waltz was basically taken from Final Fantasy IX. I loved the name. Sounded elegant yet dark. And wow... Col knows Steve Jackson! *bows down* Them books shaped my childhood and created the monster I am now. :-p Damn those Skill 7 HP 10 Orcs...

The Red Flag
Black_Waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 16:30   #48
china444

My name is simple.

Its china. With 3 4's.
china444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 09:11   #49
Pastorius
Custard used tile

I saw a bot "looking" at this thread, and since Krys started reviving old threads some time ago, I thought what the heck

When I came to CFC, I had just got Civ3, and I had played a chieftain game as Greece. I liked playing as Greece,so I thought...hm...do I know any ancient greek leaders.

I remembered Pericles
But I thought...hm...what if I combine Pericles with my real name

And Paalikles it was. Paal being my real name and all that.
For reference, Paal = Paul in English
Old 26-10-2004, 11:39   #50
Socrates
Emperor

Bots are very useful to this site, I guess.

I chose my nick a few years ago, before actually starting to really surf on the Net and registering to forums. I decided to use the same one on every board, unless I have the urgent need to be in hidden mode (I guess it hasn't happened yet). It's basically my 1st name written differently, à la Russian or East-European. I changed every letter I could, and got the central part from Polish cities. Thus, I'm glad to not use a name related to one forum.

My current avatar is what I believe is a statue of Socrates that I picked on the Net ; I drawed some sun glasses for him cause he looks cool now. I used MSPaint for that, clicking black dots in zoomed view until I was satisfied (true !). Socrates is definitively stronger than Pericles, me thinks ; he'll win anytime in every Ancient Greek fight sport.