Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 12-11-2008, 05:25   #401
barbu1977
Emperor

If anybody want's to try to prevent Akots from easily going away with victory, now would be the time to try to take him out since many of his offensive troops are in my territory!

If not, I don't see how he can lose the game.

About peace deals, you may have with him, I had a 5 turn warning... I remember having a different deal at the start of the game!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:43   #402
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I've looked through all pm's and could not find actually any deal we made in this game. Also, I have warned you more than 5 turns to asking please turn down that cultural slider. If you were sure that there were some other deal, you could have told me some time before the warring actually started.

This war is purely defensive on the Roman part (yes, it seems like an aggression but it is not since "our close borders speak tension" especially after multiple expansions of cultural borders of your cities into Roman territorial waters and land) and the primary purpose is to prevent you from cultural victory in this game and may be also grab a couple of resources that Roman Empire desperately needs.

As far as the winning goes, our war presents all other players an opportunity to win by seeking technical advantage since Rome was unable to research at full speed due to required multiple upgrades of outdated troops accumulated since the ancient times. Besides, I am still unable to catch up with England in techs despite desperately trying to do so.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:37   #403
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
If anybody want's to try to prevent Akots from easily going away with victory, now would be the time to try to take him out since many of his offensive troops are in my territory!

My galley full of spears is on the way!

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 14:36   #404
barbu1977
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
I've looked through all pm's and could not find actually any deal we made in this game. Also, I have warned you more than 5 turns to asking please turn down that cultural slider. If you were sure that there were some other deal, you could have told me some time before the warring actually started.

This war is purely defensive on the Roman part (yes, it seems like an aggression but it is not since "our close borders speak tension" especially after multiple expansions of cultural borders of your cities into Roman territorial waters and land) and the primary purpose is to prevent you from cultural victory in this game and may be also grab a couple of resources that Roman Empire desperately needs.

As far as the winning goes, our war presents all other players an opportunity to win by seeking technical advantage since Rome was unable to research at full speed due to required multiple upgrades of outdated troops accumulated since the ancient times. Besides, I am still unable to catch up with England in techs despite desperately trying to do so.
Akots, I have no problem for you attacking me, it's all part of the game. You want to win and you thought I was a threath, that is fine with me. All I'm saying to the other players who might seek for a win (or don't give up without a fight), that now might be the time to go after the top dog.
Old 12-11-2008, 16:30   #405
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
Don't trust him, I know I've seen a maceman somewhere.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 17:09   #406
killercane
Prince

Akots you are the Lou Holtz of Civ 4 Multiplayer.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 18:25   #407
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I'm not sure I get it, he is some kind of commentator on football and coach?

And I've just read a new mauer's signature and could not stop laughing and laughing and everyone around in the office were asking what is going on and I could not tell.
Old 12-11-2008, 22:14   #408
killercane
Prince

HOltz is a famous coach known for "poormouthing" his team in the week leading up to a football game. Things like "we have no chance to win against that incredible football team" (their opponent) or the tidbit that he once said his last year at South Carolina that Tennessee was so good that his team was going to take a vote on Tuesday before the game to see if they were even going to make the trip over to Knoxville.

Needless to say, often after poormouthing his team, they would respond with wins.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 23:00   #409
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

OK, got it then, not being an American football fan at all, cannot get to understand a thing about this game or baseball.

That's infantry and machine guns with some occasional cavalry against a swarm of riflemen and soon to be cannons barricaded in the cities which makes it more or less an even figh for now since barbu accumulated considerable numbers of those. So, yes, rng is important, and yes, I hope it helps then.
Old 12-11-2008, 23:02   #410
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
I'll send you some resource soon (spiced wine, for one) so that they can celebrate on their way on some remote island and then go find some easier target to plunder in their drunken stupor.