Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 19-06-2010, 21:13   #401
BCLG100
Deity

I think this decision would be on you Beam. You're running the game and therefore admin, I've got an opinion on the matter but perhaps this is one of those instances where the peanut gallery doesn't weigh in

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 23:10   #402
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Lahndan calling?
Old 20-06-2010, 13:20   #403
Azza
Chieftain

Hypothetically, I suppose it would be possible to build Apollo that quickly using overflow and possibly chopping (not sure if akots had any forests to chop though).
Azza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 14:08   #404
Robi D
King

Well it isn't impossible, especially if it was planned long in advance which with a deal in place it would be. Building lots of cheap military units one after another would build up the overflow.

If the deal was that Apollo shouldn't be started before turn 251 and it was then yes the deal was broken. But without hard evidence it difficult to know whether the deal was broken or not which is why these kind of deals which are difficult to enforce maybe shouldn't be attempted in the first place

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 17:16   #405
Plattfuss
Chieftain

I just checked it again in an offline game. The overflow you can keep for the next turn seems to be limited by your raw production. When raw production of your city is around 50 hammers the maximum overflow you can keep is 50 hammers, so the max you have available is 100 hammers for the next turn plus modifiers. This is by no means enough to build Apollo that quickly. Chopping would definitely help but wasn't mentioned.

In order to get done with this I suggest that Akots allows Beam to check his saves of turn 250 and 251. If Beam finds that Akots hasn't started building before 251 I'll send my sincere apologies and reloading is fine with me.

Edit:
I suggest to put the game on hold until this is clarified.

Last edited by Plattfuss; 20-06-2010 at 17:42.
Plattfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 19:05   #406
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plattfuss View Post
I just checked it again in an offline game. The overflow you can keep for the next turn seems to be limited by your raw production. When raw production of your city is around 50 hammers the maximum overflow you can keep is 50 hammers, so the max you have available is 100 hammers for the next turn plus modifiers. This is by no means enough to build Apollo that quickly. Chopping would definitely help but wasn't mentioned.

In order to get done with this I suggest that Akots allows Beam to check his saves of turn 250 and 251. If Beam finds that Akots hasn't started building before 251 I'll send my sincere apologies and reloading is fine with me.

Edit:
I suggest to put the game on hold until this is clarified.
Sorry for delay, I need some time to cool down.

Yes, did not tell the truth and I had an Apollo prebuild before using the overflow to fill it in. I'll take a hit for that. It was started right after Rocketry and then put on hold. And I should have told you that at the time you offered that recent deal and I'm sorry I did not. Back then, we had no deals on that.

Whether that justifies your invasion, I don't know. Your winning of this game was never in jeopardy so your counter measures might seem a bit on the extreme side. Especially since our treaty overrides anything we might be concluding before or after that but that. If we take the wording literally like you were trying to do on slaze, the original treaty is not possible to violate.

I tried to refuse your Apollo offer as much as possible but it was too tempting and misleadingly generous. It should not have been made especially considering the fact that I had to way to do anything to win this game.

So, if I am an asshole, so are you.

I guess there is no need to hold the game.
Old 20-06-2010, 20:11   #407
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plattfuss View Post
I just checked it again in an offline game. The overflow you can keep for the next turn seems to be limited by your raw production. When raw production of your city is around 50 hammers the maximum overflow you can keep is 50 hammers, so the max you have available is 100 hammers for the next turn plus modifiers. ...
This is not completely accurate. As I wrote you, you can keep as much overflow as you current build allows not to exceed that build. If you are prebuilding with an ICBM and have a total overflow which if applied with all bonuses does not exceed the cost of the build, it can be transferred to the next build. Which can give as much as 700+ hammers for the Apollo. No way this is enough though.
Old 20-06-2010, 20:41   #408
Plattfuss
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
So, if I am an asshole, so are you.
I never said you are an asshole. I just had the impression that you didn't stick to the Apollo deal so I didn't feel obliged to stick to our initial treaty.

This is a quite sad outcome. What would have been so bad about me winning this and you being 2nd place?

Last edited by Plattfuss; 20-06-2010 at 20:44.
Plattfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 21:21   #409
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Imo there is enough clarification and argumentation on how things have developed to keep the game running without a hold and / or reload.

@akots, very wise to take some time and cool down. It is easy to yell about a victory but much more difficult to admit something was overseen and/or went wrong and/or etc. and/or etc and/or etc.

@Plattfuss, you've been quite impressive in your gameplay even before all of this happened and I'm glad to read your constructive last post about it.

I'd also like to thank the other players input on the prebuild possibility and specially Robi about his remark on complex and not so easily verifiable deals. Please avoid them.
Old 22-06-2010, 19:44   #410
socralynnek

Game seems to be down. Timeout for me and it is not connected to Civstats either.