Old 28-07-2006, 00:50   #31
Robboo
King

gotcha thanks..looking now.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2006, 16:36   #32
Robboo
King

So was this a stupid pick up or not.... Figure he is a step up form my current GK and I can then pick up a few youngins to train. This guy will be my primary till i get a good amount of money or a good trainee. Paid 21000 for him

Martin Agayn (75473325)
24 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is calm and upright.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: Bulgaria
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 540
Wage: 2 760 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Crawfish
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: weak Goalkeeping: passable
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: wretched Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 0
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0
Old 28-07-2006, 16:54   #33
Tubby Rower

how much did you pay? If you are training GK's then you don't want to have anyone > 20yo. after that the pops to the next level takes too long. You should be looking for passable 17/18 yos or if you can find a solid 19 yo that might be a good start.

When I started at the end of last season, I got 2 17yo passables just before they aged to 18yo. I sold one when he got to solid so as to not go too deep into debt. The other one just got to formidable. I bought them for ~40k I believe and formidable GKs go for 875k. so for 14 weeks of training I was basically earning ~60k per week. As I have stated in my team's thread the difference in prices starts to level off at formiddable.
Quote:
quote:
excellent -> formidable = 490k
formidable -> outstanding = 580k
outstanding -> brilliant = 570k
If your debt load can stand it I would keep your initial trainees and get them to at least formidable. Then sell them and get excellent trainees and then just go one or two pops and stay inside that range where you are getting 500-600k per pop. Essencially you'll be earning 200k a week since GK's pop every 5 weeks.
Old 28-07-2006, 17:16   #34
Robboo
King

I paid 21K...I am looking a longer term not to train him now...

I was looking for a stop gap at GK right now. Due to the talent at wings on my team I was going to pick up wingers and train them. My team would benefit and I can sell them off. I was attempting to train to my strengths. I figure having this "old man" in the goal would allow a bit of wins to boost income and then after I get rid of the wingers I can start training young GKs as my crop. That make sense?

off hand plan as of now......stimna to drop form(lower salaries for next year), general(offseason and 1 to 2 weeks to replace form ), wingers next season,
Old 28-07-2006, 17:30   #35
Tubby Rower

NO never train General unless you are in the major league or in division II. General is basically useless. The temporary increase in form is blown away if the background form (unchanged by training General) is low. After the offseason training of stamina, go directly into winger training. There are a few different types of trianing that you can do so make sure you understand what positions each type of training trains. For instance, wing attacks will train your 2 wingers and half training for up to 3 forwards each game. While Winger training will train your 2 wingers and half training goes to your 2 wingbacks. I think the average pop time for winger training is 4-5 weeks. You might have to get into another type of training as well mainly because players with just high winger ability without a good secondary isn't as profitable as a winger with a good secondary. I think that I've seen someone put it in this order from worst to best... naked winger, defensive winger, passing winger, scoring winger, playmaking winger. the last two might be swapped, but I know that passing has a better market than wingbacks.
Old 28-07-2006, 18:12   #36
Robboo
King

OK understand that on general training, I didnt understand the back ground form thing. I will look into what you said about the winger training.

In general does my plan to train wingers instead of GK look to be a solid idea.
Old 28-07-2006, 18:49   #37
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

In general does my plan to train wingers instead of GK look to be a solid idea.
I think it's not the hardest to do for a newbie, since you just have to buy 4 trainees (2 wingers and 2 wingbacks). You won't make as much money as for midfielders or defenders in the long term, but what we newbies want is to make money quite quickly, so as to not be in debt. Other than that, training wingers allows for flexible tactics, and playing with the secondary skills can be exciting. I myself would like to train wingers after goal keepers. But that won't be before 2007, I suppose.
Old 28-07-2006, 19:38   #38
Robboo
King

I am still trying to grasp the economics of the game. I havent figured out whats the amount of money you need to break even. Once I figure that out I can then approach my training/player farming a little better. Worse comes to worse....I screw up lose my team due to bankruptcy and have to try again. Its still fun.
Old 28-07-2006, 19:58   #39
Dell19
King

Generally you are meant to have 8 trainees when training wingers since you train your friendly squad as well. I train 7 wingers each week since I would rather have a defender with experience in the wing back role for my first team rather than another trainee.

Personally I would recommend to start training an area where your team is week since your starting players seemed to all be over 20. So if they are occupying a training slot you would probably need to sell them and buy younger trainees.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2006, 20:03   #40
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

Generally you are meant to have 8 trainees when training wingers since you train your friendly squad as well.
Yeah, sorry for this mistake. I was thinking of the B squad too, but got lost in my x2 thoughts. So that'd be 4 wingers and 4 wingbacks. That's not less than the 6 forwards when training scoring though, since you can train 6 forwards each week, but you only half-train the 4 wingbacks, so that'd make : 4 + 4*0.5 = 6 for winger training.