Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ III
Home

Old 06-06-2005, 14:57   #31
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

akots - you were on a team we did diplo with. I think you are also smart enough to also take our input on how diplo worked with what team.

If you think participation in the finals is your way of getting into reading round 1 - don't bother.

We have our reasons why we do not want to open the forum, and while none of the reasons concernes you we won#t be making extra rules for some.
Old 06-06-2005, 15:12   #32
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M
... I think you are also smart enough to also take our input on how diplo worked with what team. ...
I would not count on that. Seriously.
Old 07-06-2005, 22:00   #33
grahamiam
Emperor

not sure what the delay is atm for the new ISDG thread, but someone from this team should be keeping an eye on the UN. right now, there are deadlines for things like rule change proposals and map setups that are due this Saturday, June 11. As a new guy, I have no idea what rule changes are being considered by us or even if we think there should be any. However, if there are some being considered, I would like to be involved in the discussion or at least be knowledgeble about it

This is from Darkness at the UN -> http://www.evo-games.net/Home/viewtopic.php?t=752
Quote:
quote:I am fairly certain that CDZ will want a few changes in the rules (and perhaps other changes as well), but these are still being discussed at our site...
This is the opening statement about deadlines and such.
Quote:
quote:OK, everyone's had enough time to find these forums. The next step before we can start the game is vote for map preferences. There is a special forum set up for map generation discussion here, and when your team has finished polling on the map characteristics you would like, the captain should post the official vote in the proper thread in that forum. The deadline for voting is Saturday, June 11, 2005.

At the same time, we need to get the rule set nailed down. Your team should already have been discussing changes you want to make to the rules for a couple weeks now. If a team has an amendment they wish to propose, the team captain must create a thread detailing the proposal. All amendments MUST be submitted to the UN by Saturday, June 11, 2005.

As far as deadlines go, they exist for one purpose and one purpose alone, to get the game started on time. It is hard enough to coordinate six large civilization sites as it is, so I would appreciate it if you do your best to keep the deadlines. I know you all want to get this game started, and it isn't that far away. Now is the time to dig in.

A copy of this message will be PM'd to the team captains, as it is quite important (except for CDZ, who has yet to name a team captain).

EDIT: Fixed your link, MRex. - emp
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 22:27   #34
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

These UN things are usually rather flexible. They tend to set some deadline but nobody even comes close to following it. Adding an extra week to that sounds reasonable. Emperor will not start working on a map until after mid of June probably. And he needs just a couple of days to make it with his experience.

But rules are indeed important. Seems that whenever I come to an ISDG, the rules and setting are already set in stone.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:47   #35
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

If you think participation in the finals is your way of getting into reading round 1 - don't bother.

We have our reasons why we do not want to open the forum, and while none of the reasons concernes you we won#t be making extra rules for some.
I find it very mean and unflexible. Weren't you anarchists? Then what rule could you possibly have not to show us your subforum?

Whatever the reason is, we're still gonna be on your team, and all in all this ISDG is just for fun, right? That fun is surely going to increase once we get to see your plans and ideas and stuff.

C'mon, be a sport. I showed you mine, you show me yours. And the fact that we're out and you're not doesn't matter, because we won't say anything to the others, because, again, we're on your team now.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:56   #36
smalltalk

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix
I showed you mine, you show me yours.
You should have tried that back in Breda.

Now you missed your chance, nosy bastard.
Old 08-06-2005, 13:08   #37
Melifluous
Administrator

Dont take it to mean that all of us wanted to keep this forum hidden.

I for one was all for showing all of this stuff to everyone.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

Melifluous

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 13:26   #38
Shabbaman
Administrator

Once more:

NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD!

P.S. No spam either.
Old 09-06-2005, 00:35   #39
Swingue
Prince

I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

A pleasure to follow the isdg!

You already had access you wanker

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 14:48   #40
grs
The Nameless One

I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

Added. Sorry for the delay.