Quote:
quote:

PP SV - Meli's Manglers 0 - 7

View game: HT Live
Date: 07-04-2004 at 17:30
MatchID: 17777866
Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 1044

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 1044 to PP SV Arena. PP tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Pietrek - Kiilerich, van Bommel, Kamperman, Bakker, Nobbe - Johnston, de Moll, Waltmans, Duarte - Langelaan.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Turner, Bryan - Hautala, Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Greenwood, Carroll.

PP clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Jelmer Waltmans received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 2nd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. After 2 minutes Manglerss Andy Quigley-Parks made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. Manglersīs Ian Turner refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 3rd minute. Manglers nearly produced a goal as Ian Turner set up Andy Quigley-Parks for a strike from a seemingly impossible angle. The receiver wasnīt as clear-headed though, and put the shot wide. Manglersīs Roddy Carroll received a play slashing through the home sideīs defense in the 32nd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The game had been on for 35 minutes when Roddy Carroll broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowdīs dismay. Manglersīs were up 0 - 3. David Spreadbury could have added one to the visitors lead if his free kick had gone just a little lower. After 40 minutes PPīs Yvo Langelaan contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Halftime score was 0 - 3. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 82 percent possession rate.

Andy Quigley-Parks was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Walsh Greenwood managed to kick one of them into 0 - 4 in the 50:th minute. The structure of the game started to change as Manglers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The referee showed Manglerss Mark Bryan the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Roman Pietrek spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Roddy Carroll increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 5. This third goal made a hat trick for Roddy Carroll. David Spreadbury hit the ball just perfect in the 73rd minute and could score for Manglers with a fab long shot to 0 - 6. Eric Hautala increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 7. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 78 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important PP player was Roman Pietrek. Yvo Langelaan on the other hand, had a terrible day. Manglersīs best player was Alan Hornabrook. However, Ian Turner made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 7.
A clear defeat. To the defencve of my players I need to say that both players and crowd where in shock and horror to see Meli's Manglers field Rudy Carrel!!!!(Outlined in match report) While trying to hide his real identity by altering his name a bit, his gray hair and horrible accent gave him away instantly. Most players had to consult the team psychologist after this dreaded encounter. Hopefully they'll recover before the important match next sunday.
Old 08-04-2004, 18:26   #32
Melifluous
Administrator

My deepest sympathies PP...

I inadvertantly played my first squad (the one that still has me at the top of my division). I didnt have the time to change my squad as I have been away from the office working around the country...

Bad form I know, playing your first team but its my training I miss out on

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Old 08-04-2004, 23:53   #33
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

The return trip to Netherlands was an unhappy one as Geert Hoogerheide will be out for more then a month.
Sorry about that. Beats having a 28 year old solid playmaker go out for 7 weeks though, like what happened to me in the first league match of this season. He's currently at +3 weeks.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:35   #34
English_brit

Quote:
quote:2056 spectators had come to FC Cruise Arena this cloudy day. Cruise had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Biesterveld - Mein, Mentink, Bruens - Rajuan, Burghelea, Torrell, Sloesen, Murherjee - Havers, Onland.

Toffees had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: MacFadyen - Russell, Williams, Irons - Attah-Agyeman, Homer, Haynes, Penn - Holmes, McLean, Edwards.

After a fine move down the middle Huibert Bruens nearly gave the home side one up in the 8:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Toffees will have to do without Joe Williams for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Lee Hickey. With 26 minutes played Jochum Mentink almost gave the home side the lead with an unexpected free kick set up, but visitors Jason MacFadyen was onto it, grabbing the would be break through ball. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 28:th minute goal by Eddy Onland for Cruise, putting them ahead 1 - 0. After 38 minutes Friso Havers put Cruise ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The home sideīs Eddy Onland came close to extending the lead in the 38:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Jason MacFadyen managed saving with a fingernail. 2 - 0 was the half-time score. Cruise, bringing the final ball possession rate to 68 percent, dominated the battle.

In the games 61st minute Toffeesīs Robbie Edwards fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Robbie Edwards for taking a dive. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Cruiseīs Friso Havers putting the lead up to 3 - 0. In the 84:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Friso Havers dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Cruise. By then Friso Havers was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Eddy Onland almost managed to score another goal for Cruise, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. The referee showed Cruises Eddy Onland the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Cruise held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Cruise player was without a doubt Jochum Mentink. However, Vijaya-Bhupathi Murherjee made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Toffees player was without a doubt Kirk Haynes. Jason MacFadyen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.
Nice result cruise.

Wish I could have played a 3-5-2 but training scoring atm so being forced to play 3 up front.

Get the feeling I'm gonna do badly in this Cup. lol
Old 14-04-2004, 10:04   #35
Dell19
King

So apparently I play everyone away so who should be challenging me as its not entirely clear whether I'm meant to play against Shabbaman or whether the 5-0 result stands?
Old 14-04-2004, 10:26   #36
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hmmm...

Well, you 'd have to play Cruise today, but I think he's a friendly arranged already. You could join next week, and I guess Yndy could balance the home/away games a bit.
Old 14-04-2004, 11:29   #37
Dell19
King

I think it would be easier for me to join the next cup, as I will have already missed two games.
Old 14-04-2004, 12:52   #38
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well, you could, but when you join you'd at least have friendlies for the next three weeks.
Old 14-04-2004, 13:17   #39
Dell19
King

Okay I will play then but it would nice to have a home match rather than all away games.
Old 14-04-2004, 14:30   #40
yndy
Prince

Welcome aboard Dell19, I switched your game with me so that you now play one international away and one home. Your game with Meli is a national friendly so no costs for you, even an advantage as presumably Meli has a larger number of supporters in his club.

There will be some re-balancing at the end of the groups phase as well so don't worry. Also the matches are full of surprise results (see PP vs. Meli and Meli vs. English brit's Toffee Utd) so you might get a good place anyway.

Everybody, notice how English_brit trashed Meli