Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 02-07-2004, 19:31   #31
anarres
anarchist butcher

I still think my idea has merit, if krys' PC can handle the customisation.
Quote:
quote:Well, how about if you choose a non-seafaring civ you can swap an existing trait for seafaring?
Old 02-07-2004, 19:48   #32
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

@krys, the only mod we are considering is related to traits isn't it? I'll do some edits with traits and sent you the sav so you can check if your version handles it. Not sure I have your e-mail so please PM it to me.

If all of us see expansionist as useless we could replace Expansionist with Seafaring and have more Seaf. civs to choose from than there are players. Exp. Civs are:
- Russia - Sci
- America - Ind.
- Zulus - Mil.
- Arabs - Rel.
- Mongolia - Mil.
- Incans - Agri.
- Portugal (has Seaf. as well, could be replaced by an other trait).
- Hittites - Comm. (thnx krys)
Old 02-07-2004, 19:58   #33
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam ... If all of us see expansionist as useless we could replace Expansionist with Seafaring ...
Cool, it should work well IMHO.
Old 02-07-2004, 20:22   #34
Beam
c00l b33r

Here is the testsav for krys, all listed Exp. Civs have modified traits and are in the game as is Rome who got Seaf. as 3rd trait.

All pw's are Beam

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] h of the Romans, 3950 BC.SAV
76.57KB

If we go this we the following mods are necc. as well (did not do that in this testsav):
- Assign the modified Civs with the starting techs that come with their new traits.
- Remove the Scout assignment for the formerly Exp. Civs.
Old 02-07-2004, 21:46   #35
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

This makes total of 12 civilizations to choose from. If possible, I'd like to book Carthage. NM is expensive but good for defense. Even might attack if really desperate.
Old 02-07-2004, 21:47   #36
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

This makes total of 12 civilizations to choose from. If possible, I'd like to book Carthage. NM is expensive but good for defense. Even might attack if really desperate.
Old 02-07-2004, 22:02   #37
Beam
c00l b33r

Little greedy akots?

I really like to get feedback from most if not all of the players krys lists in his post, no polls pleaz.

I also like anars variant btw.

Also we need to keep the game moving, Aggie is still recovering from the EC and preparing for the Tour de France as he told me so I'd like to set two targets:
- Close the Civ trait discussion by midnight Sat-Sun Dutch Summertime (akots, you're the only one having to make some timezone calculations, Houston-Moscow suggests you have a lot of experience in this however).
- Submit a list of your Top 3 Civs to play by midnight Sun-Mon Dutch Summertime. I propose dice rolls if Civs are choosen by multiple players. I can do the dices, if you think I might bias the dices I will find someone who isn't playing to roll.
Old 02-07-2004, 23:13   #38
Banzai

Ok!
First choice is Portugal (Sea / Exp). If we remove the Expansionistic trait please replace it with Industrious.
Second choice is Spain (Sea / Rel)
Third choice is France (Ind / Com).. yes.. France! not seafearing, but starting with alphabet too.

btw.. are we really going to start with 3 settlers?

Banzai!
Old 02-07-2004, 23:57   #39
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Little greedy akots?
I'd like to win... but will play anything.

1. Carthage (Industrious)
2. England (Commercial)
3. Russia (Scientific)

Numbers 2 and 3 suck indeed. However, England appear to be the only commercial (with Spain) and Russia is just the home country, so ought to be there. But I really would like to play Carthage.

Since I'm the only one in the USA, I've got to be the last one to play or somewhere in the middle if we are planning to move at 1 turn/2 days.
Old 03-07-2004, 00:54   #40
Socrates
Emperor

@ Beam (my mail is the same as my MSN address) : Tested the 1st save. It runs well, with that mix of English key-words inside French text (normal). About expansionnist civs, you forgot the Hittites. Both Portuguese and Incas had the same purple colour. Maybe we should edit civ colours, so as they only get their (new) default colour (we could each pick our colour). All civs seem to have the seafearing trait (the capital cities have 4 gold when by the sea), and surely have lost the expansionnist trait (no scout), but Portugal didn't have any scout ? But starting techs do not match this change, and I really think it should. The game will be a little less exotic (everyone would start with Alphabet), but seafearing civs should start with it IMO. Also not all seafearing civs start by the sea, but that's only a matter of map making. Apart from that it's OK. Send me the next save with more additions that might make it to our game, and correct the little errors.

@ all :
First it's better if we all tell our preference for civs, so :
1. Byzantines (definitely if SGL's are in)
2. Dutch (never tried them)
3. Vikings (never tried them)

I think the SoZ should stay in, but ivory should be in equal accessibility to everyone then. SGL's are fine with me (one more reason to go for a Sci civ), and as I said, the bigger you get, the more foes you'll have.

I may request to be player #1, as I might become some kind of GM (or anyone wants to manage admin affairs ?), and so I'll quickly see if everything runs fine with my version... The GM will have to organize the player roster (keeping in mind that akots is in the USA).