Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 23-03-2003, 20:36   #31
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 126: Time for peace on MY terms. The Romans, Arabs, Aztecs and Celts agree to pay a bit for it. After that I gave a little contribution for:

Old 24-03-2003, 21:36   #32
Aggie
Emperor

Well, at turn 133 ERIKK offered peace. Who could decline such a wonderful offer

What a nice guy he is. He gave my troops free training. Allowed me to capture a couple of cities and kept me on tech parity.

In the meantime I kept on building those cultural improvements. First temples, then cathedrals and finally libaries. Colosseums will also be on the build queue. After the marketplaces that is...

The AI is at war. This concerns me a bit, because they pick on China. One of ERIKK's neighbours and a bolster to my empire. ERIKK's other neighbour Arabia looks strong however. And they have the Ansar Warrior now.... Who knows, they may come in handy
Old 26-03-2003, 21:41   #33
Aggie
Emperor

At turn 145, I'm slowly getting behind in tech. ERIKK seems to outpace the AI that is fighting with each other. I am building marketplaces ASAP now to get the cash flow going. Gunpowder is for sale. The best price from the AI is 700 gold. I offer 25 gpt to ERIKK and he accepts. Guess this means 20 turns more peace between the two of us...

I will again turn my attention to the Celts. ERIKK won't be able to do something about it with that deal going... Well, he also has the chance to conquer someone now...
Old 27-03-2003, 21:48   #34
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 149.

My economy is growing rapidly. I make enough to pay for tech. This makes it possible to concentrate on city improvements and the build up of the army. The Japanese, Celts and Chinese are in constant war for 30 turns. Perfect victims. I might be waiting for military tradition, but then ERIKK may be able to interfere. And the Celts lack saltpeter...
Old 28-03-2003, 17:56   #35
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 150: ERIKK declared war on China. And got alliances with the whole world except me and Japan. Probably Japan is next on his list. If he gets what he wants, we will be neighbours. My military is not strong enough yet, but within 10 turns I really must take out as many Celt and Japanese cities as I can...
Old 28-03-2003, 20:00   #36
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 154: ERIKK wants to sell me Chemistry for 30 gpt and 75 gold. This is far lower than the best AI price... (46 gpt). And I will probably be able to sell it to China. They have money and only I am not in war with them .
Old 28-03-2003, 21:02   #37
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 155-156:

I sell China Chemistry and horses. I got a nice price AND the Chinese are able to get riders now. Extra bonus: they will be able to trigger their GA and ERIKK will have a harder time beating them up .

I on the other hand build up knights and decide to research printing press (done in 8). I suspect that ERIKK goes for Military Tradition. It would be nice to earn a buck on tech research...
Old 28-03-2003, 22:30   #38
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 160:

ERIKK doesn't appear to be impressed by the Chinese riders. They won't last very long.

In the meantime I'm building up my troops. I will probably attack within 5 turns. The Celts just built Sun Tzu in Entremont. This city is 2 tiles away from my border...
Old 29-03-2003, 00:33   #39
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 161 - 163:

The Celts finish Sun Tzu in Entremont. I want to have that wonder before ERIKK can get it, so I decide to attacks the Celts. The RNG was in my favor: no losses during the siege of []:

I forgot one thing however: The Celts blockade my trade route to Persia and Arabia now. I had a trade deal with Arabia, so now my reputation got a nasty hit...

The Celts didn't have the power to counter-attack after my first blow...

ERIKK will soon have Leo, because the Chinese found it more important to build that wonder than to defend their land against Persia...

Old 29-03-2003, 07:09   #40
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 164:

I got Printing Press. While trading I immediately felt the effect of my 'broken' deal with Arabia. It was next to impossible to give gpt... Luckily the rep hit doesn't affect selling for gpt. So I got about 50 gpt from trading the tech.

Rome and Japan agreed to allie vs the Celts. In that war I manage to capture Righborough as well...