Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 06-07-2006, 23:04   #31
Socrates
Emperor

Well, 1 of my crappy players is already on the transfer list, as you can see ; will I have to pay him his salary (the bid ends on Sunday evening) ? The last guy is obviously the coach, and I need one, even if he is crappy. But I have one question : how many players do I have to keep in my club ? 11 at least, of course, but I saw there are 5 players on the bench for each match. So if I fire those 5 guys at the bottom, I will be left with 14 guys, and no coach. Sure in this case I have to recruit more players, no ? And should I fire them or sell them ? Isn't selling always better ?
Old 06-07-2006, 23:47   #32
Mistfit
King

you will need to fire them as no one will buy them from you. They are worthless.

Keep the coach until you get a new one.

At this point you need to decide what you will train then you can put a plan together for what you need to buy and sell

Old 07-07-2006, 00:49   #33
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It makes sense to sell only something that others will buy.

You can go really cheap and buy yourself a few passable players in the main skill to complement the squad to total of 16-17 players. Usually, you need more than minimal 16-17 (that coach should never be allowed in the field imho) because some can get injured but for the present time it can be OK. You can try to start playing with 3-5-2 and for this you need 3 passable defenders (Lenoir, Mouysset, Cussac), 2 wingers (Macrez, Bach), 3 midfields (Faye, Marouby, third is missing, you can try to buy one), and 2 forwards (Boissonneault, Benedetti and Raud, so you have one extra here) or you can immediately start playing 3-4-3 with same defenders, 2 wingers, 2 playmakers, and 3 forwards. In the latter case you don't have to buy anything while trying to use some inadequates as substitutions.

Also you have to decide on what to train and adjust you lineup accordingly while trying to get some cash to buy a solid coach so that the training is more efficient.
Old 07-07-2006, 00:59   #34
Tubby Rower

Also... You don't have to have 5 backups in your lineups.... I played with just 2 or 3 for a while. But since I'm competitive in my league (bottom in the US) I went out and got backups.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:36   #35
BCLG100
Deity

I have about 18 players and 6 of them are trainees. with one back up for them

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:16   #36
Aggie
Emperor

Question from a newbie: Would it be a good idea for Krys to train stamina first? The midfielders really need to improve that skill to be as effective as can be.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:36   #37
Tubby Rower

I can't believe that they didn't give you at least an inadequate keeper!! the best you have (I've scanned the list 3 times) is a weak keeper in Jean-Damien Duvivier. He'll need to be fired once you find a replacement. But don't find a replacement until you decide on your training. Since it is at the end of the season, you should be able to get a passable / solid keeper for cheap. Passable trainees run around 40k - 50k; solids run 120k to 150k. you should be able to get an older one for cheaper. If you decide to train GK, then try to find a current 17 yo passable. everyone ages in 5 weeks. You can use one of the keeper tools (the one from kayasaki is better because of the unknown option) http://www.hottrick.org/hattrick_keeper_tool.php .

Answer from a newbie to Aggie's question, I would say yes train stamina for a week or 3 or until krys decides on a training regime.
Old 07-07-2006, 13:28   #38
socralynnek

I'd advise you to train keepers for a while (but for the moment 1-2 weeks of Stamina seem like a good idea)
You have no decent keeper, so you'd have to buy one either way. Keepers is a good training for new teams as you can sell the first relatively fast and once you change your training you have a decent keeper to keep. And you would only have to buy two young (17-18 years) keepers instead of at least 6 for other training types.

Tubby did the same and I think it was good advice.
Old 07-07-2006, 14:03   #39
Tubby Rower

If you do decide on training keepers, there is a GoalKeeping trainers Federation you can join if you are a supporter. but it looks like you aren't. They have 3 threads in that federation for ads 1. GK <= Excellent, 2. GK >= formiddable, 3. non-keeper sales. Training GK is the most flexible training regime as it will let you react to your opponents' formations rather than have to always play 5 midfielders, 3 forwards, etc. The money isn't bad and could come quick if you needed it since a 17-18yo GK takes ~5 weeks to pop levels with a solid skilled coach.

I've been keeping an eye out on prices and such for everything in there. If anyone else is looking for a keeper, you might want to join this fed until you get one just to keep an eye on the appropriate threads.
Old 07-07-2006, 15:15   #40
Tubby Rower

I looked at your team and this is what I've come up with (although I'm new so feel free to ignore any and/or all of this). I put the important stats next to the players. The stats in the parenthesis are contributing but necessary stats.
Code:
[u]Forwards</u>
1. Hilaire Raud solid scoring
2. Raymond Benedetti passable scoring (passable passing)
3. Mathieu Boissonneault passable scoring

[u]Midfielders</u>
1. Thierno Faye solid playmaking
2. Jean Marouby passable playmaking
3. Yvan Bach inadequate playmaking & passable winger  &lt;- could be played towards wing to strengthen one side if needed

[u]Wingers</u>
1. Laurent Macrez solid winger & inadequate passing
2. Daoud Laymani inadequate winger & solid passing (inadequate scoring)

[u]Central Defenders</u>
1. Thomas Plançon inadequate defending & solid set pieces (passable passing)
2. Jean-Lou Mouysset passable defending (inadequate passing & passable scoring)
3. Laurent Lenoir passable defending (passable passing)

[u]Wing Backs</u>
1. Victor Cussac passable defending & inadequate winger

[u]GK</u>
none -&gt; you need to buy one

[u] maybe try to sell</u>
Naim Talfah  solid set pieces but inadequate defending isn't needed since you have 3 already

[u]firing squad</u> &lt;- you can only fire one player per 12 hours so get cracking
Jean-Damien Duvivier
Valère Gaudefroy
Esteban Touze
Alexis Brisset  &lt;- if he doesn't sell, which if he does, I'll be surprised
Jean Lebreton 
so it looks like you could play a 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-4-2 and if you keep Naim Talfah as a defender it will open up 5-3-2 and 5-4-1. You have a fairly versitile squad and except for lacking a keeper it's not too bad. Your players TSI (and thereby performance) will increase as their form increases. You should hire at least one GK coach and 1 assistant coach as they improve form. If you are going to train stamina for a few weeks, expect your form to drop a bit, but it WILL get better. There isn't too much further to go down in form.