Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 22-09-2006, 13:44   #31
Shabbaman
Administrator

You could buy the an equivalent player if you sell now, but if you had sold that player 8 weeks ago at a lower level and kept the money, you could have trained another player in the mean while and still buy that equivalent player.

Old 23-09-2006, 09:43   #32
Kingreno

I will sell most as soon as they pop. It's a bit tricky though...I have sold a SN, WC and a Magni defender last 3 weeks [u]all</u> for around 1.4M. Brilliant however seems to be stuck at 900k, outstanding at 550k, formi at 300k, and excellent at 130k. This is without real secondaries or absurd young age. (17yr excellent still does 1M but that is just too stupid as that money will never return.)
If this goes on the logical next step is that the gap between brilliant and Magni will close as well...
Old 25-09-2006, 16:03   #33
Kingreno

Sure it's not pretty but last results show that losses are definately managable, no less then 3 goals difference! I feared yesterdays opponent for his very high Central attack boosted with a strong wing. But playing 5-4-1 with all defensive and pressing was enough: 2-0. I did have a lot of specialties to get a lucky SE but that did not work this time.
This means sups and sponsors are not that unhappy as expected and I get bigger crowds and more sponsorincome then expected!

sponsors at satisfied and 69.5k.
Financial is now at 82.5k.
Wages at 50k

This week will see three more sales, Stojan petkovsek being the big fish with Magni defence, passable wing and passable passing. Stamina is good as well, and has the unpredictable spec. I hope to get 1.3M.
I will also sell the 17yr old solid def/passable PM. 150k? and one other guy popped to solid after one week of training and will sell too. He has solid passing to back up but at 19 yrs he may be only 100k. This should get the 1.55M needed to breech the 10M goal.
Old 27-09-2006, 13:11   #34
English_brit

Interesting idea.

I'm a bit upset about the Hattrick market crashing myself. It now seems nigh on impossible for a manager in a mid\low division to make enough money to push himself up in to the higher leagues.

Everything seems to have stagnated due to the crash.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 13:52   #35
tofra

I think that's normal for this kind of games.. :-) Because everybody who has joined the game earlier then you did, had the chance to train his team, so they are (normally) always better then your team.
But then we are lucky to have bot-teams, they will relegate, and someone else who is the best will promote..
tofra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 13:56   #36
Shabbaman
Administrator

A pretty broad statement, but that's not what EB meant. Careful planning of your training program can give you the advantage over your adversaries. The crashing market spoils all this. The great part about the aristocrats gambit is that you are assured of some form of income. TBH I doubt if I make 100k a week with my training program nowadays.
Old 27-09-2006, 14:09   #37
Kingreno

And dont forget that the Aristocats gambit does not give in to training at all! It gives in to results: And the consequences of the lack of results: whcih are IMO managable.
Old 27-09-2006, 14:13   #38
Kemal

There is also the fact that there are a lot more serious HT managers these days, and only the top 2-5% of the managers can actually play in higher level leagues in big countries. So there is only so much room no matter how much money you have..
Old 28-09-2006, 22:09   #39
Kingreno

I sold Stojan Petkovsek for 1.6M! I am not totally getting it. He has "only" Magni defending and passable wing and passing and poor experience. Further he's unpred so a neg event can happen. My WC with pass passing and Inad wing but weak exp sold for 1.45, while my SN defender with also inad wing/pass and inad experience and Quick sells for 1.4m. Oh well, I am not complaining about 1.6 M. I may have gotten lucky.
Last weeks YP also sold, after the pop to solid for a whopping 200k. And another player that popped after 1 week to solid also sold for 120k. I Bought 3 new trainees for a total of 250k (high solid 18 year old defenders).

This brings the happy news that next sunday for the first time my Bank balance will show over 10M!!

Woohoo!
Old 28-09-2006, 22:16   #40
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

This brings the happy news that next sunday for the first time my Bank balance will show over 10M!!
Congrats. I don't even have 1% of that... Care to share some cash a bit ?