Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 13-03-2008, 09:19   #321
socralynnek

Interesting question. Was it forbidden so far? Not that I can remember.

Should it be forbidden? I think yes. Gifting a directly threatened city is ridiculous (except when taking the city, then it is ok to gift it to the former owner or so).
I agree there with Robi D.
Can we agree to some kind of rule? But that will not take effect before next time.

I think, at least Robi's units should get free passage from Darkness then.
Old 13-03-2008, 10:22   #322
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

Interesting question. Was it forbidden so far? Not that I can remember.

Should it be forbidden? I think yes. Gifting a directly threatened city is ridiculous (except when taking the city, then it is ok to gift it to the former owner or so).
I agree there with Robi D.
Can we agree to some kind of rule? But that will not take effect before next time.

I think, at least Robi's units should get free passage from Darkness then.
What's the problem with grahamiam surrendering an empty city to me rather than to Robi?

I have 3 units that would have been able to hit the city next turn, so I am threatening the city almost as much as Robi (he has 4 units). I don't see why Robi would have more 'rights' to that city than I do...

I have no problems with Robi walking through my lands. We've had an open borders treaty for about 2000 years, so I don't see the problem here.

It's all fairly simple here: grahamiam's going down. We all noticed that when his score dropped by 100 points in a single turn. Now I can sit there and watch Robi and killercane (and potentially others) carve up grahamiams lands and divide them amongst themselves. Or I can try and get myself a piece of the pie (no offense intended grahamiam! ).

I chose option 2.
Old 13-03-2008, 10:46   #323
Matrix
Administrator

Normally I consider this a big nono, but baring the circumstances I think this is perfectly legal.
Old 13-03-2008, 11:46   #324
Robi D
King

Its part of the rules for all MP games. You can't just give cities to a third party because your about lose them. If Darkness wanted the city he could have tried to get there before me, which he didn't.
And the city was not empty, it had a number of units in and around it

Exhibit A

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008, 13:50   #325
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robi D

Its part of the rules for all MP games. You can't just give cities to a third party because your about lose them. If Darkness wanted the city he could have tried to get there before me, which he didn't.
And the city was not empty, it had a number of units in and around it

Exhibit A

The city is empty now.

And if you're gonna show pictures, then be at least fair enough to show the whole situation...
You know, the situation with my units in position to strike? Which also has an empty city, because grahamiam withdrew his troops...

I realize you're pissed because you didn't get the city you want, but did you honestly expect me to just sit and watch you surround my lands with Roman cities? In our PM exchange, you said you wanted these two cities to gain unobstructed access to Asia. I want to have unobstructed access to Africa. This is the best way to do that for me. We both want the same city. I just got it first. Either you deal with that, or you break our peace-deal and declare war. Your call...
Old 13-03-2008, 14:28   #326
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

We both want the same city. I just got it first. Either you deal with that, or you break our peace-deal and declare war. Your call...
Maybe it's a good idea for me to stress that I did not do this to force you to end our peace deal. That is not how the quoted text is intended. I would prefer to stay at peace with Rome. The quoted text was merely intended to stress that I will not give this city to you. If you want it, you're going to have to take it the hard way.
Old 13-03-2008, 15:47   #327
Matrix
Administrator

Hm. You won't find consensus and Beam doesn't care, which means the game is going to continue anyway. If you really think this is unfair, Robi D, start a poll where the other players may vote. (So one include the options "Roll back", "Do not roll back" and "I am grahamiam, Darkness, Robi D, not in this game, or I don't care".)

By the way, I don't think it's really appropriate to post such a screenshot here. Interesting, but unknown to me yet.
Old 13-03-2008, 16:43   #328
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Jsut reading this and afaik the last save I made is from last weekend. So that would mean rolling back a couple of days.

KC, any news about being able to host? I actually had planned to shut down about today but I'll delay that til sunday.
Old 13-03-2008, 17:08   #329
Matrix
Administrator

Just a little update in between:

15.16KB
Old 13-03-2008, 20:14   #330
killercane
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Jsut reading this and afaik the last save I made is from last weekend. So that would mean rolling back a couple of days.

KC, any news about being able to host? I actually had planned to shut down about today but I'll delay that til sunday.
I have it penciled in for this weekend on the to do list if you can wait.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote