Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 16-05-2004, 11:02   #311
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Got it.
Old 16-05-2004, 11:33   #312
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I'll play right after I've seen Charmed, which starts in 10 minutes.
Bad taste.
Old 16-05-2004, 12:22   #313
Matrix
Administrator

[]
Old 16-05-2004, 13:01   #314
Col.Tarleton

Enter,stage right,General Hoo Flung Dung Beam.
There'll be a high time in the old Celtic lands,tonight..
Make 'em 'ave it Beam.
Old 16-05-2004, 13:09   #315
Col.Tarleton

I realise now that this is a Generals' conspiracy to deny my total victory over everyone and his dog.They are jealous of my golden statue,erected by an adoring public,to the Hero of the Chinese Nation.In the next S.G. they will be demoted to Sergeants..
I,of course, will be a Field Marshall.
Old 16-05-2004, 13:51   #316
Col.Tarleton

Make mine a Guinness.
General Ho Chi Matrix splits Ireland in two.

149.81KB

Colonel Binastre Tarleton issues a comuniquet.
I feel so sorry that it had to come to this,however the Celtic people will be so much happier incorporated into the Greater Chinese Co-Prosperity Sphere.
What is more it is proven that Brennus has WMD's and links to Osama Bin Poofter.He is also very hairy.
He is lying through his teeth,of course.
Old 16-05-2004, 16:33   #317
Matrix
Administrator

Yeah, I thought that would be fun. But it was also a matter of coincidence: I first wanted to take Rio Janeiro because of the silks, then head due south, but there was too much culture. All the cities in the east had no (Celtic) culture yet, so they were easy to get. I got Zimbabwe, New Hangchow, Oporto, Lisbon and the one in the far east all in the last turn.

Brennus still has a healthy core, but honestly, they're no match for us. Beam will walk over them.

What's our goal? The first type of victory that comes in reach (in this case: domination)? Or do we specifically want a conquest victory?
Old 16-05-2004, 16:34   #318
Beam
c00l b33r

1625 pre-IT (0):
Looking great, we fought ourselves a corridor to the other side of the continent. Don’t need to change a lot apart from:
- Changing builds of cities that can build a settler next turn without losing shields
- Change all bomber builds to tanks. Bombers are much to slow in this type of attack.
- Ferry as much units as possible (11 Tanks, 7 Mechs) to the other continent. Enough troops are build each turn to fight a Celt invasion, and there 25 cavs waiting them .
- Send the Mech Army into the attack on Alesia, together with some more Tanks.

IT:

Celts do an attempt to appear impressive by moving fleet units near former Scandinavia, capture an undefended arti and killing a Carthage cav.

1630 (1):
Beijing builds an Army. Kyoto builds Seti. Complete 6 settlers and 6 Tanks.

7 Bombing runs on Alesia leave 2 Redlined Reg Infs and 1 2 HP vet. Take Alesia killing 3 Inf. and a Cav, losing 1 Tank. Tank takes Guer. near Alesia and brings the great celtic Leader Kostunrix to life .

Army near Bapedi needs all its moves to capture it and with it the Hanging Gardens. Army is at 12/17.

Sell Salpeter to our allies for 5gpt.

Build an Army in New Hangchow., load 4 Elite Tanks, we have a 20/20 Army! 13 arties bomb Umtata. New Army goes to Umtata with 3 Tanks and we take it losing 1 Tank. Brennus just lost Salpeter .

Use the whip in Oporto for an Airport.

RoP with Hannibal. Supported by that freshly arrived Tanks take Swazi. Put a stack next to Lagos to cut Brennus of Coal.

Bomb the Celt fleet near Stockholm until it is fully redlined.

IT:

Celts lose a couple of Cavs and are down to 11.

1635 (2):
Battleship and Destroyer take 2 units of the redlined fleet.

Move all units out of Alesia, sell all improvements. Move a settler S of Alesia, abandon Alesia and found Ketsen met de Korte Keu.

14 Arties bomb Entremont, 3 Armies and a Tanks are needed to take it. No losses.

Capture Augustodorum with 2 Armies, no losses. One Army still can move but is down to 6/16.

Same for Lugdunum. Army at 12/18 however.

Capture Lagos, we have Smiths! Go from –61gpt to +97

Sell improvements in Entremont, abandon, found Keep on Blitzing E of former Entremont.

Capture Eboracum with an Army and a Tank. No losses.

Capture Verulamium with an Army and a Tank. No losses, get Sun Tzu!
Sell improvements in Lugdunum, abandon, found Celtic Rubber for China S of former Lugdunum. Build an Army there, attacks Gergovia and captures it with help of a Tank.

Cavs transported for that purpose pillage the Iron S of former Entremont. Brennus does not have access to any resources anymore .

Sell / abandon Eboracum and found Celts now love Tundra.

Capture Camulodunum, lose 1 Tank. Celts only have 2 cities left of their former core. Both are in the Tundra but you could have guessed that.

Capture Guimares with some Tanks. Faro with 2 Tanks.

And after collecting 8 workers 2 tiles are RR’ed and Braga captured.

Airlift 7 Tanks and a Mech and do some basic defense stuff.

IT:
Some attacks on Tanks in open terrain. We lose one Tank. Some expansion. We are 63% land area. 3% to go.

1640 (3):

Build New Tientsin for access to Isandhlawana. Bomb and capture it. Capture Umfolozi and Tugela as well with Tanks and we are on 65%.

Use 4 Armies and a Cav to capture Ibabanago, it is 2 tiles so quite an investment.

Same story for Sagres. 3 Armies bring us at 66%!

There are 3 Celtic cities left on the continent (some others on islands) and none of them can be reached this turn. I maybe can squeeze another % thru settling 2 cities but there is still the risk of flips. Since I want an healthy margin I decide to go for a RoP rip vs. Carthage. Who cares about our rep at this stage? They haven’t been real productive vs. the Celts.

Spy in Carthage. Safe steal on plans (800 gold):
- Carthage: 4 Rifles and a cannon.
- Rusicade: 1 Rifle and some ships.
- Sabratha: 2 Rifles.
- Hippo: 3 Rifles.

They have 3 cavs. Play it 2 Tanks vs. 1 Rifle.

Capture cities as planned and do some cleanup. 69%

IT:
Not much until Bapedi flips

1645 (4):

Domination victory after 92 hours, 9 minutes and 39 seconds

Thanks people, it was a great play! No pics today, I will post some tomorrow.
Old 16-05-2004, 16:38   #319
Matrix
Administrator

Oh dear, I completely forgot to mention the Internet! []

Finished it in 1615 AD I believe. Rocketry first took 8 turns. One turn later, when the Internet was there it took 6, so we gained one turn.
Old 16-05-2004, 18:14   #320
Beam
c00l b33r

Just one pic, the former Celtic core in 1640. All this sell, abandon, settle sequence is just about improving cultural borders for the next city to capture. It has advantages compared to razing because by keeping the captured city in place a faster pace of attack is possible. Only disadvantage imo is that it does not provide a supply of free workers. Hardly an issue in this situation.

273.66KB