Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 29-11-2008, 08:44   #291
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

The general idea is to produce as many bells as possible within the shortest time while buying/making as many guns and horses as possible. Horses are not top priority though, so just guns then. Meanwhile, cities can build political points, military points and wagons, really many wagons to stockpile the guns/horses in Silvertown area. We would need that Ranger promotion surely. There is also a need for some chain of transports to bring cannon fodder (dragoons and remaining cannons) to fight off first couple of waves of REF before some decently promoted troops start kicking in seriously. Also, bell production must be continued in those cities, which have not yet hit 100%. IIRC, after 100%, extra bells stop counting. So, those colonists from small cities can be brought in to fight. There should be no lack of food as well with that many fishermen. Two fishermen can support 3 statesmen even without dock. So, ideal size is something around 5-6-7 maximum.

Assuming REF to be about 120 units arriving at about 20 units per turn depending on the number of ships REF has, we would need about 40 units to beat that, and sixty is an overkill probably. It seems that adding storage capacity, we would need something like 10-12 wagons full of guns.

I'm also not sure that that general promotion was OK. There should be no huge problem of healing, it just takes one turn (disband and then in 2 turns re-arm and the unit is fully healed) especially with minuteman since he might be targeted in amphibious attack if being in the city. However, with fortress, it should be still OK even against artillery unless there is heavy bombardment.

But this would depend on the number of REF ships built. Actually, IMO, number of land REF units is quite irrelevant since if number of ships is low, they are arriving at a slow comfortable pace. The issue though might be that if all land units cannot arrive in time, we cannot win. So, something like 6 REF warships is still OK while 8 might be a lot harder to handle with 32 units landing at once within a couple of turns.

I have no idea what triggers the build of warships versus land units though, will check CFC on that.

Last edited by akots; 29-11-2008 at 08:56.
akots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 09:04   #292
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Ok, it is all random. Probability of adding warship is about 1/9. So, that means that if REF is about 100 units, there might be up to 11 warships. They leave Europe in batches of about 6 at roughly 2-3 turn intervals and make 2-3 round trip. Of course, there might be variations. In one game, I had 32+32 REF landed within 3 turns. So, might be, we would need more guns and horses. Dragoons are actually quite nice after a few promotions and at high bell % on a level grounds.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=294394

Last edited by akots; 29-11-2008 at 09:06.
akots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 00:56   #293
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

So bell production it is

So who's up? I can take the game tomorrow evening should noone take it before.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40   #294
Shabbaman
Administrator

I can play this afternoon. I feel so bad that I'm in no state to do anything else besides colonization. And I haven't played colonization in over a week, so I'm up to it. I don't understand how building more colonies would increase our indepence rate. Is it simply because of the higher number of statesmen we could have with more cities?
Old 02-12-2008, 16:07   #295
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Yes, it is the main factor. Big cities will be too slow.
Old 02-12-2008, 16:33   #296
Shabbaman
Administrator

1691 a.d. More cities might mean more job openings for statesmen, and thus speeding up bell production, but as we see it we still need a lot fo statesmen for our current cities and besides that newspapers in our existing cities. Some tools must be shipped to the western island.

1692 a.d. Silver price drops to 5g. Never seen it so low. Unload tools in Azteccleaningco, finish printing press.

1693 a.d. Moving an indian and pioneer to western island. They are of little use there, as we make too much raw materials (cotton and fur) and we could use some on the western island. Thereīs an expert cotton plucker making cigars in Shabbaville... switching him with a freshly immigrated immigrant.

1694 a.d. Azteccleaningco finishes stockade, starts on newspaper. Shabbaville is close to finishing fort, but doesnīt have enough tools. Temporarily start building tools.

1695 a.d. Shabbaville switches to military points (at this point everything else is a waste of tools I think), Fishy starts on printing press. Buy 3 statesmen and 3 units of tools in Europe, these should go to the western island. Our privateer gets 200 cloth from a french caravel. Donīt forget the treasure thatīs in Azteccleaningco if the galleon is heading there anyway...

1696 a.d. I notice that the military points meter is full, so I switch to political points. Which FF do we want, exactly. We get colonists in Shabbaville and Fishytown.

1698 a.d. Buy another statesman and tools for the eastern island. Sink a damaged french caravel with the privateer.

1699 a.d. Tax goes to 33%. Finish press in Fishy, starts on political points. Purchase four statesmen. Hm, I want to improve a tile south of Azteccleaningco, but `thatīl destroy the ruinsī. I thought that meant nothing, but I canīt find it if that is the case. So Iīm going to stop here.
Attached Files
File Type: colonizationsave Miffy AD-1699.ColonizationSave (139.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-12-2008, 07:11   #297
Stapel
Emperor

Matrix up
Socrallynek next

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:25   #298
socralynnek

I don't have a clue about that 'ruins' message either.

I am ready to play this weekend. Haven't played a game of the new Col as far as this. But as always, if one concentrates on the goals we have set, then one knows what to do.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:32   #299
Shabbaman
Administrator

I think we could build another city on the western island. We'd have to defend the cities there anyway, and I don't think it matters much if we'd have to defend two or three cities. We do need more fishermen though. Is it still possible to get them educated by the indians?
Old 06-12-2008, 21:31   #300
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

You picking it up Socra?

I can play tomorrow after socra (or instead of Socra )
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote