Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 23-05-2006, 10:33   #21
Kingreno

But I am taking that into account, as I said in teh example teh SN scorer replaces a Formi scorer. If the trained player adds nothting game-wise, tehn indeed the profit is very limited.
Old 23-05-2006, 10:38   #22
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hm, but what if you have bought a supernatural defender instead... oh well, pointless discussion anyhoo...
Old 23-05-2006, 10:39   #23
Kemal

...and if those 5 goals prevent you from relegating, profit could be limited even more. [/Kemal's cynical view on HT-promotion system]

Agree with others on training for improving the team rather than making most profit. Also, if you dare to take up on it, there is always the osmosis training system which can enhance your training profits or losses (experienced both), depending on how well you can beat the system with this. Takes less time than actual skill- or daytrading, but it can be very, very long term planning indeed though...
Old 23-05-2006, 11:12   #24
Shabbaman
Administrator

Is there a market for set pieces training?
Old 23-05-2006, 11:22   #25
Kemal

Yndy is training SP, so when (if) he reads this he should be able to provide more info. It seems it requires really high start-up costs, but that it can be really profitable afterwards. Don't know any ins or outs though...
Old 23-05-2006, 13:51   #26
yndy
Prince

The SP market was worth huge money 4-6 seasons ago. It dropped significantly some 3 seasons ago to the point that it required huge investments and yielded 'normal' profits. Since 'normal' profits have dropped significantly, there is again an opportunity for SP trainers. But now they are hurt by the declining prices since the time they bought the trainees, and because the number of trainees is very high, it adds up to large numbers.

The biggest problem of SP trainees is overproduction, since every team tries to get close to 50 trainees, the 1% that is training SP could provide a SP trainer to half the teams in HT. Every 2 seasons !

Small increases in the number of SP trainers leads to significant price drops.

Now I am training SP because I got stuck in a training regime, 4,5 seasons ago which needs to be finished or it will be a disaster. I purchased 20 excellent scoring forwards 4,5 seasons ago and trained them shooting 4 seasons and SP 1 season to sell them as brilliant forwards with divine SP.

I also purchased with time some 20 osmosis trainees with solid scoring, some I sold when they popped but the current 20 I intend to sell as excellent scoring - divine SP.
Old 23-05-2006, 13:58   #27
Shabbaman
Administrator

At what level does SP start to sell? I couldn't notice an effect with outstanding SP.
Old 23-05-2006, 14:03   #28
yndy
Prince

There is a use for SP trainees, 1 is a must for a team competing in a tight league for the set pieces actions. Then there is the long-shot event for forwards (mostly) it’s rare but could give you the edge every once in a blue moon.

The strategy for SP training needs some calculation.
Buying solid main skill players yields close to nothing as profits, there are already tons of such players floating around anyway.
Excellent main skill is a minimum and profits should be similar to other trainings. The initial capital is € 10M give or take so other trainings might be more cost-efficient.
Formidable-Outstanding-Brilliant main skill is where money can be made currently. I’d say above average profits but investments are € 25-75 M, huge amounts and if you get hit by a general price decrease with all those money invested in players, you might see that profits are very volatile.

Until recently it wasn’t efficient to train main skill magnificent and above to set pieces, not because of the costs but the agent’s commission ate a lot of your profit. Since prices went down, I guess magnificent and world class main skill trainees are ‘trainable’ in SP but who has the money?
Old 23-05-2006, 14:04   #29
Kingreno

Is there ay data on how much the chance increases that an SP-SE is a goal depending on SE skill? I have a excellent SP Inner Mid and he scores a lot from free kicks...
Old 23-05-2006, 14:07   #30
yndy
Prince

SP should be divine to sell, but it works from supernatural onwards. The point is that if you buy a player with SP you want to score all the time against enemy keepers. Outstanding SP vs. outstanding keeper scores most of penalties but still misses 30-50% of the free kicks. Divine should be risk free, actually for high level play divine + a bunch of weeks is advisable but level cannot be proven so it hurts trade.